Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

lawbear wrote: »
    In Broeckmeulen the court had to decide if an appeals committee for the dutch medical professional Body was a court or tribunal for the purposes of Art 267.

Despite the fact that Dutch law did not recognise the appeals committee as a court or tribunal, the European court ruled that the appeals committee was a court or tribunal for the purposes of european union law.

The reason for the courts decision was that the appeals committee operated with the consent and cooperation of the public authorities and that it delivered final decisions after an adversarial procedure from which there was no right of appeal to the ordinary courts.

If there is no right of appeal then thats a good indicator.

Factors to consider: -

1. Is it a body with statutory origin (ie by law)
    2. With an inter parties procedure
    3. with compulsory jurisdiction
    4. that is permanent in nature
    5. And that it applies the rule of law

Note: IE where Arbitration Tribunals/ Administrative Authorities dont decide legal disputes and therefore excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

There is so much in competition ugh puke. Between the freedoms….goods, persons, capital, any of these favoured to come up? desperate here, need to cut big time.

Nope no clue at all..... PQ on direct effect, PQ on economic freedoms / citizenship & case notes were tipped

Items missing last sitting were competition, art267, role of charter of fundamental rights and essay on role of commission.

Heading towards a fail here big time way too tired for this crap!

There is so much in competition ugh puke. Between the freedoms….goods, persons, capital, any of these favoured to come up? desperate here, need to cut big time.

The part I hate is that you spend so long learning so much and literally 50% you can throw out of your mind as soon as you open the paper. The other 50% lurks just out of reach in consciousness when you do actually need it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

Nope no clue at all..... PQ on direct effect, PQ on economic freedoms / citizenship & case notes were tipped

Items missing last sitting were competition, art267, role of charter of fundamental rights and essay on role of commission.

Heading towards a fail here big time way too tired for this crap!

Right thats exactly what Im aiming to cover.

The part I hate is that you spend so long learning so much and literally 50% you can throw out of your mind as soon as you open the paper. The other 50% lurks just out of reach in consciousness when you do actually need it!!!

The amount of notes I had made out on the attorney general for Constitutional. Didn't get around to reading over my notes and sure I couldn't remember a fliggot in the exam. shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

The worst is when you remember a case name... but can't remember what the case is about.. or even which topic in the course it relates to... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anosullivan

Does anyone know which case notes came up last year? Just so i can cut some out? I have nine and ain't gonna have time to learn them all :/

Does anyone know which case notes came up last year? Just so i can cut some out? I have nine and ain't gonna have time to learn them all :/

Microsoft
    Pringle
    Consten & grindig
    Zhu & Chen
    Ryanair
    Association belges
    Alpine investments
    The Queen b HM treasury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

was there an exam report for the last sitting of EU and if there was did it give any indication as to what the pass rate was? i have heard it's comparatively high

was there an exam report for the last sitting of EU and if there was did it give any indication as to what the pass rate was? i have heard it's comparatively high

81% last sitting and 70% before but as far as I know this is a new examiner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

81% last sitting and 70% before but as far as I know this is a new examiner

Hmmm, almost makes me want to stop studying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farrellk

Can anyone recommend what cases to focus on for the Case note question ? Can only remember 2 topics and becoming increasingly worried :(

Farrellk wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend what cases to focus on for the Case note question ? Can only remember 2 topics and becoming increasingly worried :(

Van gend
    Kobler
    Airtours
    Commission v Council
    Altmarktrans
    Kadi
    Zambrano
    Laval
    Simmenthal
    Faccini Dori

Any of those are very possible

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Hi, just wondering does anybody have a very quick and concise summary of Microsoft v Commission. Everything I'm fining online about it is so fricking long.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

EthanSS wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anybody have a very quick and concise summary of Microsoft v Commission. Everything I'm fining online about it is so fricking long.
    Thanks.

PM me your email and i'll send on a past paper that has the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

I finished my last exam today so l am bowing out till September anyway! Lol Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the tips & late night laughs. Best to luck to everyone tomorrow hope it is an ace paper for ye!

If l was a DJ l would be playing Europe Final Countdown for ye all! Haha :)

Best of luck everyone :)

Wilting big time. Covering competition, prelim ref, art 260, direct effect, case note hopefully, citizenship. Don't even REALLY know these. Ill try squeeze more of the freedoms into my head that I have notes done out on from few weeks ago (they look completely foreign now), Ill try read something on commission too. Long night ahead. I may drive to get some red bull and more cigarettes now soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Does anyone have an EU law grid. The one I'm working of isnt the george best. It hasn't got the numbers of the questions of where the topic came up just an x in the box so im having to read through the questions to find it and its wasting my precious time at the minute

Wilting big time. Covering competition, prelim ref, art 260, direct effect, case note hopefully, citizenship. Don't even REALLY know these. Ill try squeeze more of the freedoms into my head that I have notes done out on from few weeks ago (they look completely foreign now), Ill try read something on commission too. Long night ahead. I may drive to get some red bull and more cigarettes now soon.

I'm actually going to turn into a nature valley bar or a box of benson! Got dressed out of pjs 4 times today to smoke defeating the purpose of putting them on to keep me in the hotel room! God bless EU

kiwi33 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an EU law grid. The one I'm working of isnt the george best. It hasn't got the numbers of the questions of where the topic came up just an x in the box so im having to read through the questions to find it and its wasting my precious time at the minute

Did I send it to you? If it was me sheet 2 on spread sheet is Q number and topic

• Advertisement

Did I send it to you? If it was me sheet 2 on spread sheet is Q number and topic
    no i didn't get it from you. if you have it can i pm you my email please?

no i didn't get it from you. if you have it can i pm you my email please?

Ya mail me your addy

Cant even remember what my kids faces look like....when they're talking to me I see caselaw and recite principles in my head...:(

Cant even remember what my kids faces look like....when they're talking to me I see caselaw and recite principles in my head...:(
    I know the feeling I had to leave my four year old at home and stay up here in dublin because between full time work and watching her in the evening I hadn't any time bar these two weeks to study. It's not easy!

We're doing it for them. It'll all be worth it.

I know the feeling I had to leave my four year old at home and stay up here in dublin because between full time work and watching her in the evening I hadn't any time bar these two weeks to study. It's not easy!

We're doing it for them. It'll all be worth it.

I'm lucky I live up here and work in legal office so can bounce stuff off the other lawyers but....I do envy you two weeks childrenfree!!!

I'm lucky I live up here and work in legal office so can bounce stuff off the other lawyers but....I do envy you two weeks childrenfree!!!

Yeah its very hard especially when they are that young they just want your constant attention. I'm lucky I have a supportive family to watch her for me. I literally looked at EU for the first time yesterday so you can imagine how my evening is going right about now!

Well I left my 10 year old who's full of attitude gladly haha! Here's to school runs, tae kwando, hurling, art and 2.5 weeks Easter holidays & no job wahoooo

Well I left my 10 year old who's full of attitude gladly haha! Here's to school runs, tae kwando, hurling, art and 2.5 weeks Easter holidays & no job wahoooo

I'll settle for waking up without the crippling FE1 fear!!

fe1chancer wrote: »
    I'll settle for waking up without the crippling FE1 fear!!

It'll just be replaced with results fear for 6 weeks... Don't be silly : )

• Advertisement

It'll just be replaced with results fear for 6 weeks... Don't be silly : )

That fear will be mixed with an almighty hangover for the foreseeable future though:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement