Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Waiting on the email today or tomorrow to confirm that results are next week. They better not be the week after!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Waiting on the email today or tomorrow to confirm that results are next week. They better not be the week after!!

I think last time the email to confirm the result's date came on the Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DryBalls

Hi all,

Results are officially out at 9.30am on Friday 22ND, it's up on the Law Society website.

Good luck, just over a week of waiting left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I actually cannot believe results are out next week - I've been trying to block the memories of that awful week from my mind.

Do they send log in details to your email address?

I sat my first four, and I was so optimistic going in I was prepared. I felt like Equity, Contract and Property went really well - thinking to myself - I've definitely got the magic three - until I realized I answered a question in Equity completely off topic - a whole question - does anyone know if what I answered could in someway be argued, would I receive any marks & what is the likelihood of passing with three and a half strong(ish) questions. I've heard shes a tough marker - so I'm really disappointed I made the mistake. I have pretty much accepted failure at this rate.

EU was atrocious. One of the worst exams I have ever sat. It would be a miracle to pass. More than likely resitting the four in October

I've never failed an exam in my life and failing EU and Equity will definitely be a knock to my confidence.

Best of luck everyone.

You need to get your log in details beforehand. Register on the Law Society website. If youve forgotten your password, email them with your exam number (the longer one, not the exam seat one).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

Got the email there re results. My lunch is now stuck in my throats. Cheers law society 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

vickyplumx wrote: »
    Got the email there re results. My lunch is now stuck in my throats. Cheers law society 😂

Got it while at a staff lunch. Now feel sick!! Oh god, oh god, oh god.

On the up side, I got my two character references in today so I have that going for me, which is nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Oh god. Even though I was expecting them next week, it still makes me sick yo have it confirmed. I start work at 7:30 so those two hours til they're online will be the longest ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hate this waiting game so much. My firm have sent me my PPC1 application to complete but I'm still waiting on the results of my last two exams so might not be completing it yet. No pressure like. Not even going to look at the forms as I really don't want to tempt fate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I'm waiting on the results of my second four and have been mentally preparing myself by saying that I'll be fine if I only have to repeat one, repeating two will be a bit more urg and repeating three would suck. Only a very outside chance of passing all four and I keep telling myself this to avoid getting my hopes up. Hopefully it's a quick week. I feel good about tort, but I do fel nervous about Company, Constitutional and EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

Have the nightmares started for anyone else? I just don't think other people understand that feeling you get in your stomach when you login and don't see the 50s.....I have a feeling il have a breakdown before Friday... I should prob warn my people in my vicinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Stresshead92

Hey guys! Sorry for just throwing this in here (Results week and all!) Just wonderign can anybody fill me in on the dip in law from blackhall. I understand its a postgrad and it covers every fe1 subject. I just find it really hard to motivate myself doing it alone from home with no deadlines - and no, its not because I dont want this, i really bloody do! Also, Im studying for equity, Criminal, Company and constitutional, however im thinking of changing constitutional and company to property and contract, are the latter two easy-ish (As easy as these exams will get!) Anywho, best of luck to all those who sat the spring exams. I'm sure you will all be grand :)

Hey guys! Sorry for just throwing this in here (Results week and all!) Just wonderign can anybody fill me in on the dip in law from blackhall. I understand its a postgrad and it covers every fe1 subject. I just find it really hard to motivate myself doing it alone from home with no deadlines - and no, its not because I dont want this, i really bloody do! Also, Im studying for equity, Criminal, Company and constitutional, however im thinking of changing constitutional and company to property and contract, are the latter two easy-ish (As easy as these exams will get!) Anywho, best of luck to all those who sat the spring exams. I'm sure you will all be grand :)
    I did the dip in law course 14/15 and passed my first 4 fe1s with the course manual alone. You will be motivated as you will have exams and assignments as part of the course! Id personally recommend it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I bought a new desk today. I guess that means that I can't avoid study for much longer (once it's put together of course!)

I bought a new desk today. I guess that means that I can't avoid study for much longer (once it's out together of course!)

Expenditure really is motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Hi guys, not long now until D-day. I was just wondering, I am considering not doing any exams this round, be it repeats or new exams and just taking a holiday. Do companies frown on there being a break between exam sittings?

Hey guys! Just wondering did the course change after 2011? My exams grids only show up q's on certain topics from 2011 onwards. should I just focus on the exam papers from 2011 to 2016? Also, I am not asking anyone to advertise, but I only have exam answers from 2011 to 2015, just wondering has any one exam answers prior to 2011? If so please, PM me! thanks in advance for all your sound advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Hi guys, not long now until D-day. I was just wondering, I am considering not doing any exams this round, be it repeats or new exams and just taking a holiday. Do companies frown on there being a break between exam sittings?

I doubt companies would frown on it unless perhaps you have a TC sorted already with a firm? In that case they'd want you to have the exams done as quickly as possible. I can't imagine smaller companies frowning on it- they don't really focus on when you did the exams or what score you got so long as you just have them done! You should be fine :) Enjoy the time off!

Hey guys! Just wondering did the course change after 2011? My exams grids only show up q's on certain topics from 2011 onwards. should I just focus on the exam papers from 2011 to 2016? Also, I am not asking anyone to advertise, but I only have exam answers from 2011 to 2015, just wondering has any one exam answers prior to 2011? If so please, PM me! thanks in advance for all your sound advice

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawbear

dashdoll wrote: »
    I presume it's the 22nd also.

The waiting is driving me mad at this stage more so than before because these were my last two potentially.

Pressure is on big time. HR in my firm called me for an update last week and told me that I have to pass them this time as they can't push out my contract. Nervous doesn't sum it up.

I'm in the same boat. Sat what should be my final three ( third attempt) had to deal with a lot of big life obstacles/changes over past few months that realy affected study, nearly 100% sure I didn't do enough again.

I'm in the really awkward position of being in work, hr will have to tell me my training contract is canceled and Ill still have to work out the rest of my contract until August.

I feel like all the other trainees and work colleagues think I am a joke that i haven't passed yet. I really don't know what the problem is myself. So annoyed with myself. I actually feel depressed this week.

Makes me wonder if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

lawbear wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Sat what should be my final three ( third attempt) had to deal with a lot of big life obstacles/changes over past few months that realy affected study, nearly 100% sure I didn't do enough again.

I'm in the really awkward position of being in work, hr will have to tell me my training contract is canceled and Ill still have to work out the rest of my contract until August.

I feel like all the other trainees and work colleagues think I am a joke that i haven't passed yet. I really don't know what the problem is myself. So annoyed with myself. I actually feel depressed this week.

Listen, who gives two f.u.c.k.s if anyone thinks you are a joke which you are not. Doing these exams three times whilst having to deal with life obstacles is no joke. These exams are so mentally draining if you have nothing going on not to mind stuff which will be playing on your mind on top of it. It's so hard to concentrate on them but try not to fall into the trap of using it as an excuse for your failure. Even though it is a perfectly good one. Accept your situation and say okay this is where I am at right now and be at peace with that. You will not progress unless you can accept that there is nothing wrong with failure. There is nothing to be ashamed about it. Keep going. And if you lose the training contract so be it, you'll get another one, just next time make yourself indispensable. There is a pharmacist in my town who failed his pharmacy exams 7 times and he now has two successful business and is held with such high regard among all locals. He always tells me that when I panic about exam results. He says don't be afraid of failure, because he has now surpassed those who thought he was a joke. Keep going you can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

lawbear wrote: »

Lawbear, you are not a joke and I know that most, if not all, of your colleagues certainly don't think that you are. Very few of your colleagues would have passed their FE1s in one go! I know that there are partners in your firm that took plenty of sittings to actually pass the damn things! Everyone understands. They've gone through them too.

If it makes you feel better, I've had to serve burgers to solicitors that I had worked with when they were still trainees! They're fully qualified and I haven't even passed an exam yet. Now that's humiliating! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

I almost forgot how crappy I felt after sitting the 8 and how badly I felt driving home! Then boom I wake this morning and realise hey those results your pushing to the back of your mind are out tomorrow and your gonna be miserable for the weekend : ( they have been the most horrendous stressful exams I've ever sat and I'm feeling if I don't get this magic 3 the towel is officially been thrown in! Mental health is a bit more important me thinks! I'll be working until 1 and avoiding the Internet and the post box so best of luck to everyone!!!! Here's to blackhall 2020 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

I almost forgot how crappy I felt after sitting the 8 and how badly I felt driving home! Then boom I wake this morning and realise hey those results your pushing to the back of your mind are out tomorrow and your gonna be miserable for the weekend : ( they have been the most horrendous stressful exams I've ever sat and I'm feeling if I don't get this magic 3 the towel is officially been thrown in! Mental health is a bit more important me thinks! I'll be working until 1 and avoiding the Internet and the post box so best of luck to everyone!!!! Here's to blackhall 2020 haha

Best of luck to you! I already have serious respect for you to do the 8 in one go! Chin up & think positive the magic 3 is in your sights. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Best of luck tomorrow guys and thanks for all the help especially Kcookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Hi folks, does anyone know when the 5 year rule kicks in? Trying to call the Lawsoc and it is lunch time. I passed all mine in June 2014. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

brannid3 wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know when the 5 year rule kicks in? Trying to call the Lawsoc and it is lunch time. I passed all mine in June 2014. Thanks in advance.

Think it's 5 years from the passing of your first 3 exams

If there was an award for the best poster in this thread for the last set of exams, it would go to you my friend.
    I clocked you helping people countless times - very generous. Did you answer questions as a form of revision for yourself or something?

I have my fingers crossed for you almost as much as I do for myself - you really deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

brannid3 wrote: »

I think the 5 year rule kicks in when you have all 8 exams passed

If there was an award for the best poster in this thread for the last set of exams, it would go to you my friend.
    I clocked you helping people countless times - very generous. Did you answer questions as a form of revision for yourself or something?

I have my fingers crossed for you almost as much as I do for myself - you really deserve it

Ditto!!! Guys don't let the next few hours pass in anxiety, these are the last few hours that we can enjoy the exciting anticipation of possibility....plenty of time for reality tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Actually dreading looking at these results in the morning. Don't think I can face opening them for a while. So much riding on the getting these last two....ignorance is bliss sometimes! Good luck everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement