Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OscarBN

dashdoll wrote: »
    Actually dreading looking at these results in the morning. Don't think I can face opening them for a while. So much riding on the getting these last two....ignorance is bliss sometimes! Good luck everyone.

Think I'll be waiting till sunday, having flashbacks of some of the papers....... The cringe factor is strong......ugh Eu is haunting me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Wishing you all the best of luck guys :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Also, dates for the next sitting just went up! They're pretty late: 4th to 13th of Oct
    Tuesday 04 October Tort
    Wednesday 05 October Company Law
    Thursday 06 October Constitutional Law
    Friday 07 October Contract
    Monday 10 October Criminal Law
    Tuesday 11 October Property
    Thursday 12 October EU Law
    Friday 13 October Equity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

best of luck everyone! You've all been so helpful I really appreciate the anonymous support system :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. I have my 8 just need a good training solicitor !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

If there was an award for the best poster in this thread for the last set of exams, it would go to you my friend.
    I clocked you helping people countless times - very generous. Did you answer questions as a form of revision for yourself or something?

I have my fingers crossed for you almost as much as I do for myself - you really deserve it

Awe thanks : ) no form of revision just prefer to help ppl as stressed out as myself I suppose! Comfort knowing we are all in the same FE1 hell boat haha! Well I may not throw in the towel as dates are pushed forward for October sitting so I'll be in the country for 6 here's hoping whatever is failed can be sorted then!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Aghhhhh only went to check if I had my login tonight, tried it there and it says access denied! Freaking out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Best of luck everybody! Judging by the great advice given during the exam we'll all go well!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Best of luck everyone! Fingers crossed it will be a good day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Aghhhhh only went to check if I had my login tonight, tried it there and it says access denied! Freaking out now.

That happened to me. Just click reset password & it will send one to your email address. It gives you access then.

Best of luck everyone. I feel like my heart is going to fall out of my ass, I'm a bag of nerves.

• Advertisement

That happened to me. Just click reset password & it will send one to your email address. It gives you access then.

Best of luck everyone. I feel like my heart is going to fall out of my ass, I'm a bag of nerves.

same! I feel sick and am crawling into the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

they're up onthe site

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

they're up onthe site

Already?? Im waiting until this evening to look. Theres no point sitting through work depressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

I squeeked over the line somehow, so so jammy, but buzzing

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

same! I feel sick and am crawling into the office.

Anticipated the celebrations last night, eh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Balls! Failed one. Was nearly 100% that I failed company so had accepted that Blackhall wasn't going to happen this year, but ended up passing it but failing contract with a 43 when I was certain I had it passed!

Has anyone had any success with a grade as low as 43 for a recheck? I'll give it a lash anyway but it would be somewhat comforting to hear some success stories!

I passed them all....I walked back into my office sat at my desk and burst into tears it was such a big build up! to say I'm delighted is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

jdbarry wrote: »
    Balls! Failed one. Was nearly 100% that I failed company so had accepted that Blackhall wasn't going to happen this year, but ended up passing it but failing contract with a 43 when I was certain I had it passed!

Has anyone had any success with a grade as low as 43 for a recheck? I'll give it a lash anyway but it would be somewhat comforting to hear some success stories!

Ive had Constitution checked at 43 and came back the same. If its for Blackhall and is your last one id get it rechecked though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Did it! Finished them! Thank god it's over. I actually cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

Again amazed at how difficult it is to predict these exams! Only just passed the two I thought had went really well, and did the best in Constitutional when I was sure it was a fail as it went absolutely terribly. Totally nuts, but I'm not complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

jdbarry wrote: »

There was one at the last October sittings who rechecked a 43 and got passed on the re-check - the details are back on here somewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Only past one of four. I was expecting to fail the all though. At least it's one ticked of the box. 5/8 got three to do in October. I'm glad they are a bit later. Thought the turn around was very quick the last time. I don't feel down abt not passing the three though. So happy enough

I literally can't believe it. Came in to work and everyone was buzzing for me. I felt sick with the worry - was absolutely sure i failed one (re my mini meltdown documented previously!) I passed all four. that's the eight. Can't believe it's over!!!! The relief, the tears, the absolute joy!!! Well done to everyone. thanks so much for all the support - I literally could not have gotten through this without you guys <3<3<3 maybe we'll meet in Blackhall in September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

I can't believe I managed to get the Golden 3. So unexpected I screamed the house down then cried, the neighbours could have possibly called the guards.

Cannot believe I managed to get 56% in EU when there was no way I passed that paper.

Congrats everyone - here's to the next sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Congrats to everyone. Got the final four so all passed now. The relief is unreal! Cheers to everyone on the thread you've been a massive massive help. To those in the 43 range I have two friends who went up on rechecks, one on 42 and one on 45 so if you feel you did better than your result then go for the recheck if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Was fully expecting three fails this morning! Have had the most horrendous year health-wise so I really just saw it as an achievement just to have sat the exams... Delighted to have passed two out of my last three exams so I'm well chuffed. I left Constitutional after an hour so I was pleasantly surprised by the 32 I got in it! Can't believe I only have one more exam to do before I have all 8 done! Just goes to show that you NEVER EVER know with these exams :D:D Hope everyone else is happy and if not just remember that everybody has many highs and lows with these HORRENDOUS exams :/

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I passed my final two this morning with 50 on the dot in both. My Fe1 nightmare is over thank God.

Nearly had a coronary I was that nervous checking.

It took me 4 sittings to get all 8 as I only got two my first sitting.

Would have been gutted beyond belief if I didn't get these today as my firm had told me last week my training contract was gone if I couldn't go to Blackhall in Sept and I couldn't face another year of no income and study etc. Relief doesn't even cut it.

In a way it's so unfair that the difference between getting 49 or 50 is so huge.

Honestly people on this thread have been amazing and so helpful around exam time. People who arent doing the exams really don't understand how awful they really are and it's great to have somewhere to place random exam thoughts.

I know how awful it is not the get the magic 3 exams too and it's very hard to pick yourself up but it really is so much easier the next time if you push on through. The work these exams take is pretty savage.

Hopefully see a few of ye in Blackhall!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hi everyone, congratulations to all of you who passed this morning, its a great feeling i'm sure, have a lovely weekend celebrating!!! For the rest of us, we will get there eventually, just keep positive and keep going!

I'm back studying for the summer, like may others :( I sat three FE1s first time but didnt hit the magic 50% number in 2014, then went travelling now Im back home and back to study. Its different this time around though, when i sat exams in 2014 i was unemployed and therefore had time on my hands. Now im back, im working full time in a solicitors firm (Mon-fri, 9-5), flat out, understaffed etc. My question is did any of ye who passed your exams work full time? is it possible or am i fooling myself?? I love my job, the thought of giving up the daily routine and staying at home alone all day would not do my mental health much good! However, i really want to move on from legal secretarial work and become a solicitor. Would study at weekends only be enough? Any input you guys have would be much appreciated.

This weekend, Im going to start back at the books. Going to focus on property, does anyone remember what topics that arose in the March paper?

ally1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, congratulations to all of you who passed this morning, its a great feeling i'm sure, have a lovely weekend celebrating!!! For the rest of us, we will get there eventually, just keep positive and keep going!

I'm back studying for the summer, like may others :( I sat three FE1s first time but didnt hit the magic 50% number in 2014, then went travelling now Im back home and back to study. Its different this time around though, when i sat exams in 2014 i was unemployed and therefore had time on my hands. Now im back, im working full time in a solicitors firm (Mon-fri, 9-5), flat out, understaffed etc. My question is did any of ye who passed your exams work full time? is it possible or am i fooling myself?? I love my job, the thought of giving up the daily routine and staying at home alone all day would not do my mental health much good! However, i really want to move on from legal secretarial work and become a solicitor. Would study at weekends only be enough? Any input you guys have would be much appreciated.

This weekend, Im going to start back at the books. Going to focus on property, does anyone remember what topics that arose in the March paper?

Hi Ally1234 - it is completely do-able. I work full-time 9 - 5:30 in a busy practice often working extra hours. I studied entirely in my spare time (couple of hours every evening) and weekends. I should probably mention that I have two children aswell so hands were full!! I passed first four in October and passed last four this morning! It is hard work, but entirely possible. I would just say start early on to commit to the work and keep it up right up until the exams. I started three months before the exams and managed it. The very best of luck to you!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 fe1chancer

I actually can't bring myself to look at them. This is my third sitting and have 5 passed I don't think I can handle failing and waiting another year for blackhall. Congrats to all that have all 8 done especially officegirl delighted you got them all out of the way. Come monday i'll have no choice but to open the letter when it arrives at my door!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement