Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Kcookies2015

I have managed somehow to refrain from looking! I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and my boss is sniffing around trying to suss out my humour : ( congrats to everyone looks like most have been successful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hi Ally1234 - it is completely do-able. I work full-time 9 - 5:30 in a busy practice often working extra hours. I studied entirely in my spare time (couple of hours every evening) and weekends. I should probably mention that I have two children aswell so hands were full!! I passed first four in October and passed last four this morning! It is hard work, but entirely possible. I would just say start early on to commit to the work and keep it up right up until the exams. I started three months before the exams and managed it. The very best of luck to you!!!!!

Aww well done to you, hats off to you in juggling work, children and study! Congratulations and if youre going to Blackhall in September, the very best of luck to you. I'm going to start this weekend and hopefully ill be well prepared for October!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Got 45 in Criminal,contract and equity.Only got 40 in Tort ((which I thought was my best exam).Not too down about it considering it was my first attempt.Delighted for everyone who passed,I know how much it means to people on here.For those who didn't,see you in the Red Cow this October (sobs).

Got 45 in Criminal,contract and equity.Only got 40 in Tort ((which I thought was my best exam).Not too down about it considering it was my first attempt.Delighted for everyone who passed,I know how much it means to people on here.For those who didn't,see you in the Red Cow this October (sobs).

Would you not get 3 x 45's rechecked? I made that mistake last sitting only getting 2 in my first go and met plenty who's grades were in around 43% that rechecked & passed

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

ally1234 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, congratulations to all of you who passed this morning, its a great feeling i'm sure, have a lovely weekend celebrating!!! For the rest of us, we will get there eventually, just keep positive and keep going!

I'm back studying for the summer, like may others :( I sat three FE1s first time but didnt hit the magic 50% number in 2014, then went travelling now Im back home and back to study. Its different this time around though, when i sat exams in 2014 i was unemployed and therefore had time on my hands. Now im back, im working full time in a solicitors firm (Mon-fri, 9-5), flat out, understaffed etc. My question is did any of ye who passed your exams work full time? is it possible or am i fooling myself?? I love my job, the thought of giving up the daily routine and staying at home alone all day would not do my mental health much good! However, i really want to move on from legal secretarial work and become a solicitor. Would study at weekends only be enough? Any input you guys have would be much appreciated.

This weekend, Im going to start back at the books. Going to focus on property, does anyone remember what topics that arose in the March paper?

Im delighted to say that in over two years of studying from the Fe1s, coming from an architecture background and working 9-5 (sometimes much later), i have finally passed all 8 today.

Ally1234 it is definitely doable. It will not be easy, your weekends and evenings will be taken up by study. Keep the head down, it will happen just work hard and it will pay off!

• Advertisement

Got the magic 3 : ) and 2 to he rechecked at 48%!! Passed EU after opening the book the night before! And not touching it since 1st year in college! Really thinking it's such a money racket! Failed property by 6% after getting 62% last sitting! Sickened! Bizarre exams! See ye in the red cow yet again....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Got the magic 3 : ) and 2 to he rechecked at 48%!! Passed EU after opening the book the night before! And not touching it since 1st year in college! Really thinking it's such a money racket! Failed property by 6% after getting 62% last sitting! Sickened! Bizarre exams! See ye in the red cow yet again....

Well done Kcookies!! So happy snd best of luck with rechecks, out of interest, what were the 3 you passed? I am sure there are a few of us dying to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭amkeane81

Not posted on this before but have been lurking. I have never studied law and work full time as a social care worker but managed to pass the first 4 (company I just about got the magic 50!). I just wanted to say it's possible but not easy. I used holidays to take 2 weeks off before hand too which helped. Also, regarding study tips, I found mind maps, record cards and recording myself on my phone reading my notes and then listening while making dinner, walking to work etc... also doing the homework helps loads.

Congrats to all who passed. Keep going for those who didn't. There's a lot of luck involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Congrats to all those over the final hurdle :) I'll miss a few names on here!!

I honestly believe a lot of these exams come down to luck! They are so gruelling. I have 6 under my belt and was awaiting the results of my last 2 both of which I failed today. One of them I came out of very happy- much more confident than any of the other 6 I sat and passed. Just goes to show! Back to the books in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

smeal wrote: »
    Congrats to all those over the final hurdle :) I'll miss a few names on here!!

I honestly believe a lot of these exams come down to luck! They are so gruelling. I have 6 under my belt and was awaiting the results of my last 2 both of which I failed today. One of them I came out of very happy- much more confident than any of the other 6 I sat and passed. Just goes to show! Back to the books in a few weeks!

Was the above exam tort, by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Was the above exam tort, by any chance?

Yes!! I came out of it confident- identified all the liabilities, backed up everything well, referred back to the issues etc- or so I thought! Really going to struggle getting back into the study for this one as don't have a notion where I went wrong?! I got 44%. Likely I won't have it rechecked as can't really afford to

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Well done Kcookies!!!! Delighted for you, hopefully you'll have 5 by the time October comes around and you'll be doing your last 3!!

Well done Kcookies!! So happy snd best of luck with rechecks, out of interest, what were the 3 you passed? I am sure there are a few of us dying to know!

Passed EU , Constitutional & Equity.... Which I did not expect! 44 in property, 48 in Criminal, 42 in tort, 39 in Company, 48 in contract! Let it be noted property I flew through the paper way easier than last sitting and did way worse this time! Baffling! Onto the rechecks..... Anyone any success with 42 and a recheck or 39 Til I try wing these : ) gonna get 48's and 44 rechecked- didn't bother last time & was a big regret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭corkres1989

Passed EU , Constitutional & Equity.... Which I did not expect! 44 in property, 48 in Criminal, 42 in tort, 39 in Company, 48 in contract! Let it be noted property I flew through the paper way easier than last sitting and did way worse this time! Baffling! Onto the rechecks..... Anyone any success with 42 and a recheck or 39 Til I try wing these : ) gonna get 48's and 44 rechecked- didn't bother last time & was a big regret

I would say that those are the hardest to pass so well done! I got 57 in my last sitting of Property and bang on 50 this sitting! Thing is I thought Property went amazing last time and only okish this sitting so I definitely wouldn't underestimate it! Well done on getting the magic 3 first time that is a huge achievement :)

I would say that those are the hardest to pass so well done! I got 57 in my last sitting of Property and bang on 50 this sitting! Thing is I thought Property went amazing last time and only okish this sitting so I definitely wouldn't underestimate it! Well done on getting the magic 3 first time that is a huge achievement :)

It was my second attempt : ) I'm not that great haha

clocks wrote: »
    Anticipated the celebrations last night, eh ?

No I was sick with fear!:o

It was my second attempt : ) I'm not that great haha

Sitting all 8 in one go is though. Its defo the way to go as I only sat 3 in the last sitting and left myself so short. Definitely good to have a fall back. Let us know how you get on in the rechecks!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I managed to log in after and was delighted, sat 4 and passed 4! Was panicking a bit because even though I came out of most of them happy enough I really wasn't sure if I was judging them properly.. But thank god I got the magic three! Have property, constitutional, contract and equity to do in October now but don't feel as bad now that I have the first few done. Congrats and commiserations to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Scarymary13

Well done and massive congratulations guys! I am delighted that I passed the 2 exams that I sat. Was very surprised. Unfortunately I can't celebrate as I am suffering from vertigo :/ make sure to have one for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Itchy Lot

is anyone else getting Access Denied when checking their results? or trying to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 devinerocks88

Well done everyone! I sat 4 last October got two and 43 in other two I got both rechecked one stayed at 43 the other went to 42 so just so people know although there are great recheck stories there are also not so great ones :(

From there I decided to take 6 this match - the two I passed and the four new subjects I hadn't sat before. I also work full time for people wondering about doing these with a full time job and by some absolute grace of God I got my results yesterday and passed all six!! Cannot believe it. Only two left. I honest to go thought I'd never pass EU after that paper in March as I couldn't even read it so to say I'm delighted is an overstatement. This time last year I sat four off my college notes and totally underestimated them first time failing all four last October I got two failed two this time I got six - the moral of the story here is to keep going if you want it you'll get there because I was very close to giving up hope!

I really want to get the last two in October now and am wondering where anyone would recommend for a prep course? I work near Stephens green so had been going to independent straight after work but now they're over on foley street I don't know if they'll hold the fe1 lectures in American college Dublin anyone have any idea on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Well done everyone! I sat 4 last October got two and 43 in other two I got both rechecked one stayed at 43 the other went to 42 so just so people know although there are great recheck stories there are also not so great ones :(

From there I decided to take 6 this match - the two I passed and the four new subjects I hadn't sat before. I also work full time for people wondering about doing these with a full time job and by some absolute grace of God I got my results yesterday and passed all six!! Cannot believe it. Only two left. I honest to go thought I'd never pass EU after that paper in March as I couldn't even read it so to say I'm delighted is an overstatement. This time last year I sat four off my college notes and totally underestimated them first time failing all four last October I got two failed two this time I got six - the moral of the story here is to keep going if you want it you'll get there because I was very close to giving up hope!

I really want to get the last two in October now and am wondering where anyone would recommend for a prep course? I work near Stephens green so had been going to independent straight after work but now they're over on foley street I don't know if they'll hold the fe1 lectures in American college Dublin anyone have any idea on this?

I did the Independent College course online, you can watch and rewatch the lectures as much as you want. I think it was great and well worth it since I passed the exams I sat in my first sitting. I plan on doing the course for my final few. Definitely stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

So yesterday was a day from hell! Didn't get the magic 3 in my first sitting & had to have the "discuss my options" chat which in resulted me losing my job/tc at the end of July as they can't afford to give me the time off to sit the exams in October! Double blow for me!

Congratulations to everyone who got great results & to everyone else today is a new day time to get stuck back into it & blow it out of the water in October! ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1.9.rubberduck

anyone else HORRIFIED by their result in tort?? i'm at a total loss here. i did unreal in my WORST exam (which i really wouldn't have minded failing), got 50 bang on for another i thought i did quite well at, and failed tort, i.e. the one i found the easiest! still had eu to do anyways but quite sickened at the result in tort all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Absolutely! I was convinced that Tort was by far my strongest and it definitely wasn't. Squeaked through on a 50, but I was genuinely thinking I did a lot better.

Constitutional on the other hand I thought was a possible fail and I got 62! Delighted, of course, but shocked.

All in all I am one of the jammiest candidates. Out of my eight exams (sat in two sets of four) I got 50 in four of them and 51 in two of them. My heart goes out to anyone that has to repeat these, they are such a massive pain and I do fully believe, now, that you need a bit of luck on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭OfficeGirl2015

Absolutely! I was convinced that Tort was by far my strongest and it definitely wasn't. Squeaked through on a 50, but I was genuinely thinking I did a lot better.

Constitutional on the other hand I thought was a possible fail and I got 62! Delighted, of course, but shocked.

All in all I am one of the jammiest candidates. Out of my eight exams (sat in two sets of four) I got 50 in four of them and 51 in two of them. My heart goes out to anyone that has to repeat these, they are such a massive pain and I do fully believe, now, that you need a bit of luck on your side.

Couldn't agree more- I thought I did brilliantly in Tort and got a 52. ...thought I did terribly in EU and got a 68. You really never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 beerose

Congrats to all who passed this round. I got my final two which was a major shock, I was so disappointed with Constitutional and EU and was convinced I had failed. It just goes to show you never know with these exams.

The panic of sitting in an exam knowing that Blackhall is potentially postponed for another year is awful but somehow I managed to get over the line. My advice for those who havnt been successful this round would be to keep going, keep writing, throw down all you know on that exam paper. You will get there 😊 Best of luck!

Thanks to all on this thread for your help and advice. It really is comforting to login in the height of the stressful exam period and see that you are not alone in the horror! And Iv seen it said on here a number of times, no one outside of these exams knows how difficult and consuming they are, so it has been a great support network. Thank you! 😊

For those starting Blackhall in Sep, is there another thread where info etc can be exchanged? Re accomodation etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Hey guys, congratulations to everyone who passed, especially KCookies who got her magic three!

As for myself, this is my second time to sit the three exams and my second time to get 2 of 3. I was full sure I passed Tort (which I previously passed) but ended up getting 36.. I'm so confused, I thought it was my best exam. No point in getting it rechecked. I am really so confused by how I only managed the 36 though. Is any one else in the same boat about Tort? I was slightly concerned coming out that I mixed up a topic but coming out I checked my notes and was sure I had actually got it right. FE1's you are horrible. Now to tell work who paid for them that I will be going again... The joys!

Thanks again for the support though guys, what legends ye all are!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I passed tort with 50 exactly so was delighted but it does seem to have been marked quite harshly going by what's been said on here. A lot of people seem to have thought they did better. No harm in a recheck if you have the money and you think you should have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Ah yeah, I think I know where I went wrong but I might just recheck for the craic. I vaguely remember a question that seemed like either Rylands or something else and at the time deciding to go with one of them. I must have went with the wrong one.

For people debating re-checks, I have no doubt I am too far to be brought up, but the last time I got 48 in Criminal (Leaving me with two our of three) and didn't recheck. I thenmet a guy I worked with who appealed a 42 and was passed then. Needly to say I was happy for him but sickened I didn't recheck the 48.

I know I am only going at these exams at 60% and after work, so I am not too disheartened. I just need to give it my all this time, start studying more than 6 weeks out and not leave myself in a position that I have to make a choice between two options when answering a question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement