Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Hello all! subjecting myself to my first sitting in October.. What are your opinions on attempting five? it's been a while since I studied the subjects in university but I will have ample time I think..

I'm thinking of doing contract, equity, property, criminal and I'm not sure what to pick as a fifth? (if I do decide to do 5).

Five is definitely doable, especially if you make a start on them soon; I sat Company, Criminal, Equity, Property and Contract in March and passed them all. There's some overlap with those four so it cuts down the learning a little. If you're going to do a fifth I would personally recommend Company; there's a little less to it than EU, Tort and Constitutional and looking at the timetable for the October sitting it isn't a bad option as you've got a day or more between most of them - sitting two or more in a row is a bit of a killer, especially if you're stuck in a hotel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

Hello all!

I have just finished a legal dip in DBS and decided to do 4 FE1's this October. I am away for July, but plan on not working for Aug and Sept and doing the 1 day revision courses. I have bought the manuals online for each subject; Tort, Contract, Constitutional and Equity. Can anyone tell me if the 2 months study will be enough for 4? Any recommendation for the one day revision course?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Yep - it is absolutely enough - I took 5 weeks off work - and I got everything covered. Just make sure you're committed, and plan everything! Good luck!

Yep - it is absolutely enough - I took 5 weeks off work - and I got everything covered. Just make sure you're committed, and plan everything! Good luck!

Thank you. Do you know the timetable? As in are my 4 the day after each other or is there gaps?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

The timetable is at the end of the application form on the Law Society website!

Tort 4th of October
    Constitutional 6th of October
    Contract 7th of October
    and Equity is the 13th of October.

Its good that you have gaps between the days. You'll be able to sleep better definitely.

• Advertisement

The timetable is at the end of the application form on the Law Society website!

Tort 4th of October
    Constitutional 6th of October
    Contract 7th of October
    and Equity is the 13th of October.

Its good that you have gaps between the days. You'll be able to sleep better definitely.

I just downloaded it there - thanks for your guidance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

/Mod/

lagallegal101

Sorry LL, ads not allowed

Post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

lawgal wrote: »
    So I know this is a big ask but wondering if there is someone that can help me out. I secured an internship for the month of June in Dublin and am starting to get very worried as I can't find accommodation anywhere beaing in mind its only for one month ! Does anyone know anyone that possibly needs a room filled for June or what did people do in the same situation?

Thanks in advance

Maybe try airbnb for the dates your in Dublin. Dublin isnt the easiest of places to find a place. Good luck with your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sophiehatter

Maybe try airbnb for the dates your in Dublin. Dublin isnt the easiest of places to find a place. Good luck with your search!

When I did an internship last year some people stayed in college campus accommodation in UCD which is rented out over the summer. TCD do the same I think. Don't know what the prices are like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DryBalls

Hi,

Does anyone know when the recheck results are out?

It said on the application 03 June 2016 and that we would get an email 1 week before they were due out but I haven't heard anything yet and there doesn't seem to be a link on Law Society website to access results.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

DryBalls wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know when the recheck results are out?

It said on the application 03 June 2016 and that we would get an email 1 week before they were due out but I haven't heard anything yet and there doesn't seem to be a link on Law Society website to access results.

Thanks!

I'm waiting on my recheck results too.Thought they were due on the 2nd?
    I received no acknowledgement either so maybe they will just give us 50s across the board and be done with it 😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hey guys if anyone is doing Criminal, Company, Equity or property this autumn and is considering taking the tuition course, can you mail me?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭vid36

I got bumped up to 50 from 43 on the Company Law recheck so very happy with that.Unfortunately, Tort stayed the same at 42.Always worth getting a recheck if you feel you did better than the mark showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Hey if anyone is considering doing an FE1 prep course in Constititional Law could you please Pm me?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Constitutional
    Hi all just looking at the past paper for March just gone. Two questions I was not prepared for nor had nothing on my study notes for was the intro of 42a. Can anyone shed some light on what case law would be mentioned in this. Secondly, the Jordan v min for children seems based on referendums with regard to article 42a what case law would you refer. I've done a little reading but not sure if I'm on the right track just need someone's opinion ....thank you in advance !

Can someone direct me to the up to date thread for purchasing papers/answers all that gizmo.

Also I assume the syllabus for prop law 2014 is same for upcoming exam??

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can someone direct me to the up to date thread for purchasing papers/answers all that gizmo.

Also I assume the syllabus for prop law 2014 is same for upcoming exam??

As per the first post, trading is no longer allowed in this thread because people were unable to follow the rules and we moderators are not equipped to deal with student lawyers pulling fast ones on one another.

As per the first post, trading is no longer allowed in this thread because people were unable to follow the rules and we moderators are not equipped to deal with student lawyers pulling fast ones on one another.

Eh, perhaps read my post! I was asking if someone had a link to the appropriate thread.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Eh, perhaps read my post! I was asking if someone had a link to the appropriate thread.

Ah right, you're part of the problem. Read the warnings in the first post of this thread.

Trading is not allowed in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clocks

I had planned an easy reading routine of 1-2 cases per week through the summer before ramping it up come September, but it's been hard to maintain with early library closing times.

When kind of study are you doing around this time of year?

• Advertisement

Ah right, you're part of the problem. Read the warnings in the first post of this thread.

Trading is not allowed in this forum.

I never said trading was allowed nor did I request it. No need to repeat the same thing! I'll admit I didn't read it before you replied and apologise but equally a little grace in these situations may go a long way. If I was in your situation just a simple.."there is a link on the first mod rule post" would be the gracious response. I was just hurriedly looking for a quick link.

We can be a little civilised. It's a very friendly thread.

Anyway thanks.

I never said trading was allowed nor did I request it. No need to repeat the same thing! I'll admit I didn't read it before you replied and apologise but equally a little grace in these situations may go a long way. If I was in your situation just a simple.."there is a link on the first mod rule post" would be the gracious response. I was just hurriedly looking for a quick link.

We can be a little civilised. It's a very friendly thread.

Anyway thanks.

I think you misinterpreted the tone of my initial reply so I apologise if it came across as blunt. I tend to speak / write in a direct way but it is not intended to be ungracious.

I was just trying to direct you to the first post.

My second post was made in a different tone as a reaction to your post but was probably unnecessarily abrasive. You might have noticed that the trading issue has gotten the better of my even temperament. :pac:

I took independent college. Lectures for prop law in 2014 but was inconvenienced and could not take the exam. I still have my notes and lecture videos.

Would anyone think these would suffice for October's exam.

Mod, for fear of this query breaking any rules I genuinely am not sure if it does but feel free to delete it.

Thanks in advance :)

I think you misinterpreted the tone of my initial reply so I apologise if it came across as blunt. I tend to speak / write in a direct way but it is not intended to be ungracious.

I was just trying to direct you to the first post.

My second post was made in a different tone as a reaction to your post but was probably unnecessarily abrasive. You might have noticed that the trading issue has gotten the better of my even temperament. :pac:

No problem. Sorry again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

At this stage of the game, i dont know what study i should be doing.
    I#m glad i rejoined boards.ie after many years as I dont feel like I'm on my own now.
    I booked accomdation today for the exams, makes it all so real!!!!

I took independent college. Lectures for prop law in 2014 but was inconvenienced and could not take the exam. I still have my notes and lecture videos.

Would anyone think these would suffice for October's exam.

Mod, for fear of this query breaking any rules I genuinely am not sure if it does but feel free to delete it.

Thanks in advance :)

i think that two years ago will be ok as it covers the new 2009 act?
    why pay for the same thing twice??

annmc882 wrote: »
    At this stage of the game, i dont know what study i should be doing.
    I#m glad i rejoined boards.ie after many years as I dont feel like I'm on my own now.
    I booked accomdation today for the exams, makes it all so real!!!!

A lot of reading, getting understanding. A more practical understanding using notes other than lecture notes. Then refer them to lecture notes and you begin to realise the simplicity of the exam expectations. For example with property there is some great material on adverse possession and it's an interesting subject and then revert it back to your notes and it'll embed in your head fairly quickly. No doubt we'll all be cramming but it's a killer if you have to rely heavily on it. Keep plugging. Some of the subjects are really small in materialyou'll find and cramming is so much easier when you are relaying stuff you have read numerous times over the months.

A lot of reading, getting understanding. A more practical understanding using notes other than lecture notes. Then refer them to lecture notes and you begin to realise the simplicity of the exam expectations. For example with property there is some great material on adverse possession and it's an interesting subject and then revert it back to your notes and it'll embed in your head fairly quickly. No doubt we'll all be cramming but it's a killer if you have to rely heavily on it. Keep plugging. Some of the subjects are really small in material you'll find and cramming is so much easier when you are relaying stuff you have read numerous times over the months.

Thanks, You mean read around the topic and not rely on manuals from the preparatory courses? That is what I hope to do but time is a factor, I don't want to run out of time near the end and be in a panic. I think focusing all the way through on exam papers would be a big help or is this a waste of time ?

Finding a good system is trial and error I'm sure but its great to get advice from those that have been there. sometimes, I get very overwhelmed.
    Keep plugging as you said and hope it all falls into place near the end of the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 angelicapickle

Does anybody have some tips on studying EU law? I know it has a high pass rate, but I find EU quite technical and I don't want to underestimate it, the syllabus is also huge! Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Does anybody have some tips on studying EU law? I know it has a high pass rate, but I find EU quite technical and I don't want to underestimate it, the syllabus is also huge! Any advice would be much appreciated.

I done it a year or so back, I'll put together a few of my tips and forward on. What exams have you taken/yet to take/taking in October?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement