Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Haha oh god well it certainly did confuse the hell out of me! In fact it has made me question my chosen career path! Hopefully in real life things wouldnt be so complicated! Was there many cases for recalls? I didnt even mention that! There was nothing about it in my notes! Im hoping it was just a side point rather than supposed to b the main part of the answer![/QUOTE]

I honestly didnt write any of what I said in the exam either just from lookin at it afterwards! Real life things are much more complicated. . but not so academic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Milkypops wrote: »
    isnt he saying thats what he thought they might drop and not SLP?

hows it feel to finished chops?? :)

Oh yeah, I didn't read it properly!

Hmm, it's good and bad - good to be finished, and a good exam today, but bad regards today as I think I totally mucked that up.

What have you left?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

chops018 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I didn't read it properly!

Hmm, it's good and bad - good to be finished, and a good exam today, but bad regards today as I think I totally mucked that up.

What have you left?

I have equity left!! U mucked today up is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Milkypops wrote: »
    I have equity left!! U mucked today up is it??

Oh sorry meant yesterday! Today was grand..

Best of luck with Equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

For witnesses to a will, is there a requirement that they should be over 18? It doesn't say this in the Succession Act (as far as I can see) yet in the April 2012 examiner's report she refers to the fact that they should be. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Cheeks22

Hi sorry if someone has already asked this but does anyone have a brief run down of important topics/guesses of whats coming up for Contract Law on Fri? My exam grid is old!

Would be MUCH appreciated, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

sally01 wrote: »
    For witnesses to a will, is there a requirement that they should be over 18? It doesn't say this in the Succession Act (as far as I can see) yet in the April 2012 examiner's report she refers to the fact that they should be. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing something?

Sorry I read that wrong the first time.... always a good omen the night before an exam.... Yeah based on s 77 (a) dealing with capacity I would say that it is implied from such as well as if a witness was under 18 thus classified as a minor would pose problems as to attestation or the capacity to attest, as in contract -understanding of such.

CRM1 wrote: »
    Sorry I read that wrong the first time.... always a good omen the night before an exam.... Yeah based on s 77 (a) dealing with capacity I would say that it is implied from such as well as if a witness was under 18 thus classified as a minor would pose problems as to attestation or the capacity to attest, as in contract -understanding of such.

Ye it does make sense I suppose. Definitely seems as though that was popped into the exam on the sly to catch people out given it's not expressly stated in the Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

Hi guys, the very best of luck in the exams!! Hope they go well!! Is anyone selling a recent Independent Colleges or City Colleges Tort manual and Equity manual? Thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Does anyone know where it would be possible to obtain past papers for the FE1 exams.
    I am asking on behalf of a friend who is moving over from America in November and will be sitting them next year hopefully.
    She is just looking for an idea of the standard as she is fully qualified in America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Hokey poke

Sweet Jesus I wasn't expecting that property paper. Was anyone else totally thrown by the lack of adverse, co ownership or finding on land?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Caoileann

Is it okay to hand in legislation days in advance? I want to submit constitutional on monday but the exam isnt until thurs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

Hokey poke wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus I wasn't expecting that property paper. Was anyone else totally thrown by the lack of adverse, co ownership or finding on land?

What came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Caoileann wrote: »
    Is it okay to hand in legislation days in advance? I want to submit constitutional on monday but the exam isnt until thurs?

It's fine.Someone in front of me handed in a Constitution along with Company legislation on Tuesday and there was no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

Thrown is an understatement. Could only answer 4. Feel really hard done by, I thought I was more than covered in what I had studied. First one, confidence destroyed. The only thing is I felt I did myself justice on the four I could answer so that's something. I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lily Belle

What came up?
    Easements, 2 succession, family property as a problem, contractual licences, mortgages, registration and covenants. Nightmare (for me at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Between the lack of the above and the awkward tort paper ... I've officially thrown out my exam grids... the only thing that saved me was the question on family property... so had 4 okish and a dodgy 5th on Mortgages... Can't wait to spot the curve ball in contract tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Answered 3 ok, felt a bit off on extrinsic evidence because the re Collins test just dropped out of my head and attempted the question about easements with no case names. But managed 5 with at least 3 pages each so hopefully it's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

That was a tough paper. I barely got the five questions and I hardly knew contractual licences so I found that very tough to answer. Was pretty nervous reading the questions after the first two on relatively obscure topics, I hate that feeling when you get to the final two questions and you know you have to be able to answer both of them to get the 5, that happened to me today but luckily I managed to get the 5 (with an awful contractual licences answer).

So tired now after doing three in a row. They were three tough papers too. For all three, my favoured topics did not come up but luckily I still managed to answer 5 in each of them. Hard to know if I've passed them though, touch and go I'd say.

I've a bit of a break now until Tuesday for EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Yeah no A.P. or co-owners, was banking on them coming up. Had 4 questions and made up something on contractual licences that in no way related to it.

Well that was fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Made the mistake of looking at easements in the manual and now realised that I was waffling on and saying complete crap and contradicting the actual law and referred to the wrong legislation. Had statute of limitations instead of 2009 act cause adverse possession was in my head. Argh hope my other 4 questions were enough and I get attempt marks for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

katie21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where it would be possible to obtain past papers for the FE1 exams.
    I am asking on behalf of a friend who is moving over from America in November and will be sitting them next year hopefully.
    She is just looking for an idea of the standard as she is fully qualified in America.
    Hey there, you can order all the past papers and examiners reports from the Law Society of Ireland website... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all

For the contract eu leg question - what are the main points of benefits of harmonisation? Can't seem to think of more than 2 points . Would apprreciate any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Lily Belle wrote: »
    Easements, 2 succession, family property as a problem, contractual licences, mortgages, registration and covenants. Nightmare (for me at least)

Nightmare sums it up nicely: no finders, no adverse and not sure if intestacy or not in one succession question. No rest though: off to do contract. Hope it isn't as messy.

katie21 wrote: »
    If she's fully qualified I.e. has passed the bar she may only have to do the qltt and say a few words as gaeilge. If she's got a degree only then yeah the fe1 needs to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

Nightmare sums it up nicely: no finders, no adverse and not sure if intestacy or not in one succession question. No rest though: off to do contract. Hope it isn't as messy.

What was asked for succession?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

my god....sounds like ye had a nasty paper for property alright...no way would i have passed this time round!

on another note does anyone have any recent equity sample answers they could send me as in 2012/2013 ones....its my last one and im so sick of reading notes....

i have the revision guid(prediction from independent colleges) and grids and also sample answers for constiutional and grid too!!

What was asked for succession?
    Extrinsic evidence: yay.
    Not sure if invalid will/intestate lesbians: boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

Extrinsic evidence: yay.
    Not sure if invalid will/intestate lesbians: boo.

Why wouldn't it have been valid? I said it was definitely valid...

Awful paper though, the shock of reading it was awful - when it's usually such a predictable paper. Answered the 5 questions but really struggled with easements and contractual licences :(

• Advertisement

Why wouldn't it have been valid? I said it was definitely valid...

Awful paper though, the shock of reading it was awful - when it's usually such a predictable paper. Answered the 5 questions but really struggled with easements and contractual licences :(

it didn't say whether Jenny signed it herself. I said it was valid if she had and not if she hadn't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement