Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I have up to date grids for Contracts and Criminal if anyone wants them.

If anyone did Equity in City Colleges could you please PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Send me your email by mail and I'll send you one

Any chance I could get the equity exam grid? Starting to freak a bit here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bayb12 wrote: »
    Any chance I could get the equity exam grid? Starting to freak a bit here

not near my laptop tonight, i sent one to someone earlier if they could kindly pass it on. otherwise ill send it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hiyakeano

not near my laptop tonight, i sent one to someone earlier if they could kindly pass it on. otherwise ill send it tomorrow

I'll send it on to you if you mail me your email!

hiyakeano wrote: »
    I'll send it on to you if you mail me your email!

no, i dont need it, the other person does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 angelicapickle

Hi I have a question about the Equity 2015 Autumn paper Question 6(a) if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it!

'Richard died recently, having made a short will in which he provided that €100,000 be held on trust for the maintenance of his brother George for his life, as George had no independent source of income. George however, died very soon thereafter, and never used any of the monies bequeathed to him..... Richard's will provides that the Indigent Inn Keepers Association should enjoy the residue, if any, of his estate....'

I have noted that historically the testator's estate would have been entitled to the residue. However that in Re Trusts of the Abbott Fund there was a trust for the maintenance of two women. No provision was made for the disposal of any surplus funds upon the death of the women. The court held a resulting trust of the surplus arose automatically in favour of the contributors to the fund.

Presuming that Richard, the testator, was the only contributor to the fund, can I presume that a resulting trust of the surplus goes to the residue of his estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 letmcg

Could anyone please send me exam grids of constitutional and equity? I have property and eu but only until 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 living the reality

letmcg wrote: »
    Could anyone please send me exam grids of constitutional and equity? I have property and eu but only until 2014.

I have constitutional if you want to send me your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

For those taking Company, are you buying the Companies Act or are you just going to try learn off important sections? Seems a bit steep for basically using it once.

Good luck to you learning the sections!! 1300 page doc. Yeah you need to buy it unfortunately. Be silly not to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Koakes

TheCrutzer wrote: »
    For those taking Company, are you buying the Companies Act or are you just going to try learn off important sections? Seems a bit steep for basically using it once.

I know what you mean, I'm in two minds about it, of course it would be great to have it there but I'm slightly leaning towards learning off the relevant sections. The exam is tight enough as it is when it come to time - don't want to waste time flicking through pages trying to find the relevant section.

I'm gonna see how I get on trying some practice questions and make a decision then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

Koakes wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I'm in two minds about it, of course it would be great to have it there but I'm slightly leaning towards learning off the relevant sections. The exam is tight enough as it is when it come to time - don't want to waste time flicking through pages trying to find the relevant section.

I'm gonna see how I get on trying some practice questions and make a decision then.

As far as I know you can tab specific sections. I was planning on just learning off specific sections, but I was learning Transfer of shares, and there seems to be a lot in the act regarding it, especially in relation to the transmission of shares. It would be handy, but I suppose I'll try learn it all off and see how I am closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

The Companies Act is very expensive alright

They should consider a cheaper edition on lower quality paper.

The proper edition can be bought later by those who actually need it

I doubt if it is a good idea to learn off particular sections.

More important to know the effect of various sections, and to be able to refer to the actual text as necessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Would any kind soul fancy sharing the contract examiner report for the last sitting?

Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

jdbarry wrote: »
    Would any kind soul fancy sharing the contract examiner report for the last sitting?

Would be much appreciated!

If you could wait until Monday I could email it to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Fe1r wrote: »
    If you could wait until Monday I could email it to you?

That would be brilliant! Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fe1 question 2016

Hi, does anyone have any tips for constitutional paper from Independent or Griffith or in general. Stuck for time and hoping to cut down! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LegalLady2

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has thought about the location of the exam hall - I know usually it's in the Red Cow. Would anybody advise booking accommodation soon on faith of that?

I'm travelling up from Galway and I don't want to be stuck having to come up the day of the exam, even if it means forking out 60 euro or to stay up and get a better nights sleep.

Anybody have any tips on this from previous years? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

FYI, last sitting the Law Society gave out copies of the Companies Act. Maybe check if they are going to hand those out again.

Don't buy it and bring it in if you don't plan to actually look at it beforehand and tab/highlight relevant sections. You'll only end up confusing yourself and wasting time.

LegalLady2 - they'll be in the Red Cow. Book your room there or somewhere nearby.

No, only handed them out last sitting as it was first sitting with new act. I imagine from after this sitting the volume of second hand copies will be floating about will be high as people try to get a bit of that 95 quid back though

• Advertisement

LegalLady2 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has thought about the location of the exam hall - I know usually it's in the Red Cow. Would anybody advise booking accommodation soon on faith of that?

I'm travelling up from Galway and I don't want to be stuck having to come up the day of the exam, even if it means forking out 60 euro or to stay up and get a better nights sleep.

Definitely urge you to book somewhere. Exam is 9.30. If you got train up to hest on you would still have to travel circa 30 minutes on luas. I'm not sure how long driving takes from Galway but take into account a little bit of traffic from Newlands on to the slip road to Red Cow luas car park (best place to park). Few hotels at Newlands which are reasonable enough. Say red cow may be booked out by now for most exam dates

Definitely urge you to book somewhere. Exam is 9.30. If you got train up to hest on you would still have to travel circa 30 minutes on luas. I'm not sure how long driving takes from Galway but take into account a little bit of traffic from Newlands on to the slip road to Red Cow luas car park (best place to park). Few hotels at Newlands which are reasonable enough. Say red cow may be booked out by now for most exam dates

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Yes- book somewhere near immediately!! I booked The Green Isle hotel back in June (i have a car though so the drive over to the red cow doesnt bother me) but I remember looking at the Red Cow prices back then and they were extortionate! Try the Ibis or the Louis Fitzgerald as I think you can walk over the Luas walkway to them both

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Hey can someone confirm these dates.

Tort - 04 October
    Contract - 07 October
    Criminal - 10 October
    Property - 11 October

I can't see it on the LawSociety Website anymore and I am still awaiting a letter regarding dates and venue. Booking hotels now under the presumption it is still in the Red Cow.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

Yohnathan wrote: »
    Hey can someone confirm these dates.

Tort - 04 October
    Contract - 07 October
    Criminal - 10 October
    Property - 11 October

I can't see it on the LawSociety Website anymore and I am still awaiting a letter regarding dates and venue. Booking hotels now under the presumption it is still in the Red Cow.

Thanks

I haven't had anything from the Law Society confirming it's the Red Cow but I would trust everyone here that it's going to be, seems like the hotels are filling up fast around there too!

Those dates are correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Your dates are correct. I booked green isle conference last night but prices are going up , they jumped up 10 on me a night coz I searched few times when I was half asleep , I'd red cow booked but it's very expensive, saved 180 euro by going elsewhere for 5 nights. So book asap ... Ito the red cow coz I asked day I booked acc in June .

How is the study going for you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me where you can get the Eu acts for the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

annmc882 wrote: »
    Your dates are correct. I booked green isle conference last night but prices are going up , they jumped up 10 on me a night coz I searched few times when I was half asleep , I'd red cow booked but it's very expensive, saved 180 euro by going elsewhere for 5 nights. So book asap ... Ito the red cow coz I asked day I booked acc in June .

How is the study going for you guys?

Thanks for clarifying the dates. Hey, just a suggestion, IBIS is much much closer if you are walking from the Hotel. Last night I booked my 4 nights there, all for 66.50 a night.

Anyway, thanks again!

Also if anyone has TORT GRIDS, I would be very grateful.

Cheers guys!

anyone do the company law Independent or even city college course? Need to ask a question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SusieB123

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on what to study for contract? Any tips would be really appreciated!!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement