Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

with regard highlighting the Comp 2014 Act, or any other can you use different highlighters etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Does any body have dates for the exams. I seem to have lost my time table,,, appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 6 S.CurKing

kiwi33 wrote: »
    Does any body have dates for the exams. I seem to have lost my time table,,, appreciate the help

Tuesday 04 October Tort
    Wednesday 05 October Company Law
    Thursday 06 October Constitutional Law
    Friday 07 October Contract
    Monday 10 October Criminal Law
    Tuesday 11 October Property
    Wednesday 12 October EU Law
    Thursday 13 October Equity

• Registered Users Posts: 6 S.CurKing

Hi all, anyone know where I can get unmarked legislative sources, like 2009 Land Law Act and Succession Act?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

I just wanted to check before I do anything to it, but I can highlight and tab the Companies Act can't I? I just can mark anything in pen etc?

• Advertisement

S.CurKing wrote: »
    Tuesday 04 October Tort
    Wednesday 05 October Company Law
    Thursday 06 October Constitutional Law
    Friday 07 October Contract
    Monday 10 October Criminal Law
    Tuesday 11 October Property
    Wednesday 12 October EU Law
    Thursday 13 October Equity

Cheers, I did see that timetable but i also had another one when i checked back on the application for that it said there was an exam on the 14th and my exams were working out on the 10th, 13th and 14th according to this they are on the 5th the 10th and the 13th. Does anyone else have a different time table to the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

S.CurKing wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone know where I can get unmarked legislative sources, like 2009 Land Law Act and Succession Act?

The OPW, if you go back a bit in this thread you will find their contact details. Think you have to call them to order

• Registered Users Posts: 8 count of monte cristo

Does anyone happen to have a constitutional grid?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

WARNING FOR THOSE PLANNING ON USING DUBLIN BUS:
    Just heard the upcoming dates for the next Dublin Bus strikes and they include the 5th, 7th, 10th and 12th of next month (as well as others). That will interrupt anyone who needs transport for Company, Contract, Criminal and EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flamingo125

Anybody received exam number etc. yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Howdy all, was just reading this thread and someone said they handed out copies of the Companies Act 2014 last time? Any chance of a repeat performance for October or do you think we have to supply our own as usual?

Just making sure before I bite the bullet and shell out €100

Howdy all, was just reading this thread and someone said they handed out copies of the Companies Act 2014 last time? Any chance of a repeat performance for October or do you think we have to supply our own as usual?

Just making sure before I bite the bullet and shell out €100

You should ring the law society and check, only way to know for sure.

Anybody received exam number etc. yet?

not yet! I usually don't get it until two weeks before hand

kiwi33 wrote: »
    not yet! I usually don't get it until two weeks before hand

its the same number you always have

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Flamingo125

First time sitting exams so don't have one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Just making sure before I bite the bullet and shell out 100

They are not giving them out this sitting

Your ID number is the same but you get a different exam number

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

Can anyone share grids for company, contract, eu or equity? I would be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

Anyone doing equity, for charitable trusts do you think it's necessary to cover the case law on what is and isn't considered a charitable purpose considering this is all explicitly defined under section 3 of the 2009 act?

cblack18 wrote: »
    Can anyone share grids for company, contract, eu or equity? I would be very grateful!

Send me email for comp and equity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

If a question came up singling out one area of a topic are you expected to outline the entire topic or is that seen as not answering what is asked?

For example, a question in equity asking to discuss the certainty of objects and one other certainty - if you discussed the requiring of formalities here also would this been seen as misreading the question as they might consider you just wrote down everything you knew about that entire topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Soriel

Hi m8s! Have been reading this thread and growing increasingly panicked, I'm sitting Property, Constitutional, EU and Tort in the Oct sitting and I have no idea what a ***grid*** is but I feel like I might need them? What even is this life.

I've just been trying to cover as much of the syllabus as possible but every day at around 4pm I have a daily breakdown where I laugh hysterically because I definitely cannot cover everything and don't know what to prioritise. I don't have manuals or anything

Anyone wants to help a drowning gal out, I have nothing to offer but my eternal gratitude and the naming of my first born.

P.s. you all seem like nice people xo

Bayb12 wrote: »
    If a question came up singling out one area of a topic are you expected to outline the entire topic or is that seen as not answering what is asked?

For example, a question in equity asking to discuss the certainty of objects and one other certainty - if you discussed the requiring of formalities here also would this been seen as misreading the question as they might consider you just wrote down everything you knew about that entire topic.

Examiners hate when student's don't ask the specific question. Writing about the whole topic shows a lack of understanding of what is being asked. I know it can be scary and you feel like your trying to get everything down but for one thing you absolutely wont have time only to answer what is specifically is being asked.

Soriel wrote: »
    Hi m8s! Have been reading this thread and growing increasingly panicked, I'm sitting Property, Constitutional, EU and Tort in the Oct sitting and I have no idea what a ***grid*** is but I feel like I might need them? What even is this life.

I've just been trying to cover as much of the syllabus as possible but every day at around 4pm I have a daily breakdown where I laugh hysterically because I definitely cannot cover everything and don't know what to prioritise. I don't have manuals or anything

Anyone wants to help a drowning gal out, I have nothing to offer but my eternal gratitude and the naming of my first born.

P.s. you all seem like nice people xo

A grid has the topics for a subject and shows when they have come up in previous years. At this stage the exams aren't all that predictable but it can help to show topics that never really come up or ones that have come up in the past few years. I don't have any up to date ones for your exams but I'm sure someone will help you out.

If you don't have manuals I strongly recommend talking to someone that has or has recently taken the exams because they contain a lot of info and tips specific to the exams and the examiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rinnuco2016

Hi All

Does anyone have grids for tort and constitutional law? Any help really appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Hi All

Does anyone have grids for tort and constitutional law? Any help really appreciated!

I have a constitutional one from independent colleges if it helps.

cblack18 wrote: »

hi I sent that yesterday and asked you to email me to confirm you got it. Can you let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ladadidadi234

Hi all,

Has anyone else been in a study slum ? Last two days were possibly the most unproductive days of my life! I find studying is making me scared because I'm constantly second guessing myself as if I'm covering enough.. I know I still have time but can anyone give me any tips on what they found the most effective way to study is?

thanks in advance

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just looking at March's Property paper. Am I reading it right that two Qs on Landlord and Tenant came up in that? Does that mean I could risk leaving it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Just looking at March's Property paper. Am I reading it right that two Qs on Landlord and Tenant came up in that? Does that mean I could risk leaving it out?

Which ones do you think are Landlord and Tenant? To my knowledge it is only question 7.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement