Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rinnuco2016

Leraf wrote: »
    I have a constitutional one from independent colleges if it helps.

Would you be able to send this to me in private message?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Soriel wrote: »
    Hi m8s! Have been reading this thread and growing increasingly panicked, I'm sitting Property, Constitutional, EU and Tort in the Oct sitting and I have no idea what a ***grid*** is but I feel like I might need them? What even is this life.

I've just been trying to cover as much of the syllabus as possible but every day at around 4pm I have a daily breakdown where I laugh hysterically because I definitely cannot cover everything and don't know what to prioritise. I don't have manuals or anything

Anyone wants to help a drowning gal out, I have nothing to offer but my eternal gratitude and the naming of my first born.

P.s. you all seem like nice people xo

Private message me your email and I'll send on a property grid and a photograph of a Tort Grid that someone else on this was kind enough to give me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yohnathan wrote: »
    Which ones do you think are Landlord and Tenant? To my knowledge it is only question 7.

I thought Q5 was but on another reading that's licences/proprietary estoppel isn't it? Or am I still wrong?! Today's the first time I've actually looked at that paper. I'm just losing it at this point. After a waste of a day I'm forcing myself to give every subject at least 30mins to look over them and I think I'm making myself worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

I thought Q5 was but on another reading that's licences/proprietary estoppel isn't it? Or am I still wrong?! Today's the first time I've actually looked at that paper. I'm just losing it at this point. After a waste of a day I'm forcing myself to give every subject at least 30mins to look over them and I think I'm making myself worse.

Question 5 on March 16 is Easements and Profits.
    Don't worry I went for one drink on Friday after leaving the library at 8, ended up having a party til 6 in the morning and doing nothing for the rest of the weekend.
    Just don't panic, I did that last week with a contract issue, took a day away from it and then the next day it all made sense again!

#Drinkaware

• Registered Users Posts: 7 living the reality

Can any kind soul please say which constitutional law case notes came up last March 2016 paper?

Also, does anyone know if the private colleges (Griffith, city, independent) recommend to do this question or not? I can't seem to find a pattern so I wonder...

The cases that came up for constitutional were DPP v JC, Crotty v An Taoiseach, Heaney v Ireland and AG v Hamilton. I know that Independent was advising that this should be last resort question as so much detail is required for each case (facts, each judgment and impact on constitutional law) I was looking at the last examiner report and he said that the question asked for a short summary of two cases and people were giving extended views on three cases which screwed themselves time wise. There doesn't seem to be any pattern though as in EU so I'm not touching it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

Anyone else freaking out yet or is it just me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Fe1r wrote: »

150%

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Justis4Harambe

Hey there,

Could anyone share a grid for Equity please? I know that this examiner has had a track record of creating unpredictable exams in the past (!) but would appreciate any feedback on people's predictions this time around all the same.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Would you be able to send this to me in private message?

I would be happy to send it to you but am unsure how to send it by PM as I dont see a button for sending the attachment. Maybe its because I am new? I could send it by email if you want to PM your email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Fe1r wrote: »
    150%

Absolutely freaking !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Yohnathan wrote: »
    Question 5 on March 16 is Easements and Profits.
    Don't worry I went for one drink on Friday after leaving the library at 8, ended up having a party til 6 in the morning and doing nothing for the rest of the weekend.
    Just don't panic, I did that last week with a contract issue, took a day away from it and then the next day it all made sense again!

#Drinkaware

I was out Friday and Saturday night ugh but I feel better having read this :pac:

Add me to the list of people freaking, it's my first time sitting them so have to get the magic 3 at least! (doing 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Hey guys,

Hope study is going well for everyone.

Just having a revise over company and wondering what topics people are focusing on?

Thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hey there,

Could anyone share a grid for Equity please? I know that this examiner has had a track record of creating unpredictable exams in the past (!) but would appreciate any feedback on people's predictions this time around all the same.

Cheers!

hi Justis, think you mailed me re EU grid. Im afraid (well actually delighted!) I have already done that a few sittings back

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cblack18

hi I sent that yesterday and asked you to email me to confirm you got it. Can you let me know

Yes indeed I got them, thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Would I be okay studying the following for contract?

Offer and acceptance
    Consideration
    Estoppel
    Intention to create legal relations
    Exemption clauses
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Duress
    Undue influence and unconscionable bargain
    Remedies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyone doing comp law, came across this nice little simplistic article which details in less "booky" language the issues regarding defacto directors and restriction of directors under Art. 819

90% likely this question will come up and this is one of the most popular angle of questions on the topic and gives a nice methodological approach to a case which is extremely important. (Gray v Mcloughlin)

Its nice to get away from the manuals some time I feel

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/on-application-for-restriction-of-directors-the-test-is-whether-they-acted-honestly-and-responsibly-1.1310840

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

Hey guys just wondering how long people are leaving per subject to learn notes? Is anyone still doing notes at this stage or all learning?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

lawgal wrote: »
    Hey guys just wondering how long people are leaving per subject to learn notes? Is anyone still doing notes at this stage or all learning?

still notes started my 3rd subject of four

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

I just have one exam so I have all my notes done, but in my other sittings I was still making notes waaaaay later than this, probably up to a couple of days before the exam when I would just decide that I had to just learn whatever I had. I think as long as you are actively learning while you are making them and go over them when you're done you'll be fine! I find making notes is a good learning technique and I'll probably re-write and shorten them as I'm studying.

Tigerbalm1 wrote: »
    I just have one exam so I have all my notes done, but in my other sittings I was still making notes waaaaay later than this, probably up to a couple of days before the exam when I would just decide that I had to just learn whatever I had. I think as long as you are actively learning while you are making them and go over them when you're done you'll be fine! I find making notes is a good learning technique and I'll probably re-write and shorten them as I'm studying.

ive around 60 pages for company alone is this normal 10 topics I wrote out notes for

• Advertisement

I'm using this week to focus on any topics I haven't covered out of the four subjects - which isn't much so I'm hoping to get onto the hardcore learning towards the end of the week - then next week take my first two topics and thoroughly go through them which will probably include making more notes. I have a few days in between my third and forth exam so after this week I'll be laxing off on them and leaving them for the gaps.

Honestly there is so much time, the amount of stuff that goes into your head even in the final hours before the exam starts is crazy. Don't worry if you're still making notes - even as you're making them you'd be surprised on what is going into your head.

I'm using this week to focus on any topics I haven't covered out of the four subjects - which isn't much so I'm hoping to get onto the hardcore learning towards the end of the week - then next week take my first two topics and thoroughly go through them which will probably include making more notes. I have a few days in between my third and forth exam so after this week I'll be laxing off on them and leaving them for the gaps.

Honestly there is so much time, the amount of stuff that goes into your head even in the final hours before the exam starts is crazy. Don't worry if you're still making notes - even as you're making them you'd be surprised at the amount that actually stays in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

20029422 wrote: »
    ive around 60 pages for company alone is this normal 10 topics I wrote out notes for

I usually write fairly lengthy notes so this sounds ok to me. When I'm learning I go through and try and make a 1 page summary for each topic with they key points and cases

Tigerbalm1 wrote: »
    I usually write fairly lengthy notes so this sounds ok to me. When I'm learning I go through and try and make a 1 page summary for each topic with they key points and cases

yeah I'm guna do that aswel like a mind map so if I can remember the mind map it will help because sometimes you only need to remember one word that triggers a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fe1stressCM

Anyone have any tips for Constitutional?? Hopting to cover twenty topics but seems excessive enough ��

Hey guys,

Hope study is going well for everyone.

Just having a revise over company and wondering what topics people are focusing on?

Thanks a million.

directors duties (2)restriction not doin disqualification/(3)corporate personality/(4) crystallisation of a floating charge jd Brian case /(5)shareholder protection /(6)membership and shares (7) rights and duties (8)transfer of shares (9) disposition of assets

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tina22

Hi guys hope the study is going well!

Just wondering if anyone has an exam grid for property that they wouldn't mind sharing? (I have others I can send in return if needed) Also if anyone has any tips for the property exam I really appreciate it ��

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

20029422 wrote: »
    directors duties (2)restriction not doin disqualification/(3)corporate personality/(4) crystallisation of a floating charge jd Brian case /(5)shareholder protection /(6)membership and shares (7) rights and duties (8)transfer of shares (9) disposition of assets
    I think I'll start posting this every few pages here:

Ultra vires.

I think I'll start posting this every few pages here:

Ultra vires.

I really don't like ultra vires for some reason it prob will come up giving that the new act has big changes for it but I'm hoping I have enough without it

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Do you have a particular issue that I might be able to help with by way of explanation?

I am interested in the area of company law and I also have the privilege of getting a bit of work in it too, so if I can help by explaining, I will. (The same goes for some of the other topics but certainly not property or EU!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement