Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

Do you have a particular issue that I might be able to help with by way of explanation?

I am interested in the area of company law and I also have the privilege of getting a bit of work in it too, so if I can help by explaining, I will. (The same goes for some of the other topics but certainly not property or EU!)
    I'm worried it could be a question that asks you to contrast the law on ultra vires from before new act and now with new act and I avoid it for that reason and then if it was a problem question asking about ultra vires for a Ltd,plc,dac I find all the chapters that go into detail on the different criteria for company's a bit harder to learn than say Foss harbottle and corporate personality where the principles are created from the cases

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Tina22 wrote: »
    Hi guys hope the study is going well!

Just wondering if anyone has an exam grid for property that they wouldn't mind sharing? (I have others I can send in return if needed) Also if anyone has any tips for the property exam I really appreciate it ��
    I have one if you send me your email, i will send it on to you

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

Anyone have any tips for Constitutional?? Hopting to cover twenty topics but seems excessive enough ��

I've been going through exam papers trying to figure out if I can leave anything out and as far as I can tell they can ask nearly anything so I'm struggling to leave anything out. So what im trying to do is pick 15 or so topics an do them in depth like separation of powers etc and then just doing short notes on other topics like inviolability of the dwelling etc so if I am stuck for a fifth question at least I'll be able to make a stab at something. But it is a massive course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Justis4Harambe

For anyone sitting Equity next month, do you think it would be okay to leave out covering Resulting Trusts at all? I've heard from a friend that the exam tends to be heavier on the Equity side of the things as opposed to the Trusts side so I'm hoping this might be able to alleviate some of the pressure maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fe1stressCM

I'm resorting to sample answers. It's such a huge course it's even bigger than EU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 thedocker

I'm starting to panic re FE1 exam but hopefully that will get me studying properly! Looking for an exam grid for EU law. Any help much appreciated

got my exam number, no going back now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Still waiting on mine! Had a dream last night that they mixed up my application and got my name and exams wrong.

Any chance that anyone here has managed to get their hands on Philip Burke from City's Equity exam summary? Can you please PM me if you have?!

I was not expecting it so quickly, I was late making the application. I was secretly hoping they would turn down my application :(

anyone know which bus station is the handiest to get off at to make your way to the red cow by the Luas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Busarus is across the road from connelly station and a luas goes from there to the red cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thedocker

Depends where you are travelling from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

20029422 wrote: »
    anyone know which bus station is the handiest to get off at to make your way to the red cow by the Luas?

what route is your bus?

ps, from Bus Aras, in the morning, you would want to be giving yourself fifty minutes or more to get to Red Cow stop given the time it often takes passengers getting on/off in early rush hour and its a 5/6 minute walk from RC stop to the hotel. Also try to be there around quarter past 9

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

20029422 wrote: »

Give yourself plenty of time I think Dublin bus are striking again during FE1 time check the dates and see do they clash with your exam

anyone with griffith having trouble logging into moodle??

EDIT, just contacted them, IT problem, same for everyone apparently! My cheque didn't bounce!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

Hi,

Can you tell me which hotel it is and what time I would need to get there to hand in my Sales of Goods Act please?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Presume it is the Red Cow.
    Generally you hand in the Legislation the day before, however, you can hand it in on the day but it will not be ready for you until about an hour into the exam. If you do that, I think you need to get it in by around 8:30 ish?

It is Red Cow and according to the info pack I received you must hand in the legislation for checking at least one day prior to the day of the exam between 9am and 1pm to the reception desk in exam centre. So Contract Legislation should be handed in on the 6th October (being the day before the actual exam).

To clarify, they will accept the Legislation on the day. As I said above, it will mean you will be waiting an hour for it but in that case you can leave the relevant question until later on in the exam.
    This is from personal experience and seeing others do it. If you can make it there the day before then do but there is no need to worry. If you call them they will say the same as me.

• Advertisement

can someone 100% clarify whether you can highlight the Companies Act?

I know you can tab it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Fe1r

can someone 100% clarify whether you can highlight the Companies Act?

I know you can tab it

Yeah you can highlight and tab once there is no writing. You can't write on the tabs either

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Morning everyone,

Tort law, Equity & Trusts - what topics would you advise knowing?

Thanks so much guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

You can also underline the legislation - I know I have done this before and I double checked on the list of permitted legislation.

I hate highlighters so I prefer this option. Also you can rub out pencil after and re-sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

As it is for contract, can I bring it with me on the morning of Tort and leave it in?

As it does say 'at least one day before'??

you can use different colour highlighters for different parts i assume, yeah??!!

sorry for getting over technical, here!

you can use different colour highlighters for different parts i assume, yeah??!!

sorry for getting over technical, here!

I was wondering this also

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

You can use whatever you want to highlight or underline the legalisation.

Just do not write ANYTHING on them except your Candidate number. Different colours do not matter.

I would also advise that you that you start highlighting and tabbing the legislation now whilst you have time and you're not that stressed. In the last sitting I left it till the day before I was handing in the legislation to get checked - I got it done but it ate into my study time and it overstressed me. The exam atmosphere during those two weeks are intense, so make it easier on yourselves now rather than waiting till later.

It's simple. Hand it in anytime during the week of the exams but it must be BEFORE your exam. If you call them up they will say you can hand it on the day but that you will be waiting for it for about an hour into the exam.

You can highlight in green, blue and orange or whatever colours you have. You can underline in blue, black, red, green, etc. Just DON'T WRITE anything other than your exam number. You can tab in a number of colours if you want also.

Also, I agree with the above comment, get highlighting and tabbing now and not the days before.

• Advertisement

where can you buy sale of goods act and the sale of goods and supply of services act?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement