Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

Mileyt wrote: »
    How did everyone find company ?

no disposition of assets no restriction no corporate personality and felt in transfer of shares I wrote a lot on part a and nothing in part b and same for 212 question wrote a lot part a made up crap part b.when ya take risks it's the game you play ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bivo87

Really there is a new examiner. i did not know that. i don't have the last 2 exam papers. Is there any chance you have them? Im covering:
    institutions
    sources of law/general principles
    supremacy/direct effect
    Member State Liability
    JR
    Preliminary Reference
    Infringement Proceed
    Freedoms
    Citizenship
    Competition

Leaving out equality, mergers, public liability and state aid and participation. Do you think that is wise? Does the new examiner put on the case note Q?

Really there is a new examiner. i did not know that. i don't have the last 2 exam papers. Is there any chance you have them? Im covering:
    institutions
    sources of law/general principles
    supremacy/direct effect
    Member State Liability
    JR
    Preliminary Reference
    Infringement Proceed
    Freedoms
    Citizenship
    Competition

Leaving out equality, mergers, public liability and state aid and participation. Do you think that is wise? Does the new examiner put on the case note Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Do you guys highlight case names?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

Do you guys highlight case names? (quotes are not working, for me at least)

The prep course guy told us to highlight case names and legislation for Criminal not so much for the other subjects. I think a lot of it comes down to time though. Better to have legible answers than speed write the perfect answer nobody can read. If there is time to highlight, I will. Just my two cents worth though! Everyone else will have their own style I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

which consumer law is not limited to businesses selling or supplying services as in the man down the street sells me a car what legislation protects me?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

Leraf wrote: »
    Do you guys highlight case names? (quotes are not working, for me at least)

The prep course guy told us to highlight case names and legislation for Criminal not so much for the other subjects. I think a lot of it comes down to time though. Better to have legible answers than speed write the perfect answer nobody can read. If there is time to highlight, I will. Just my two cents worth though! Everyone else will have their own style I guess.

I think the property examiner wants you to highlight or underline cases (I sat it last sitting so I can't fully remember).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 2121993

20029422 wrote: »
    no disposition of assets no restriction no corporate personality and felt in transfer of shares I wrote a lot on part a and nothing in part b and same for 212 question wrote a lot part a made up crap part b.when ya take risks it's the game you play ha
    You almost gave me a heart attack - there was no part a and b in transfer of shares. If you look at the paper it was just setting out the two different sections of their company constitution. I just answered it as a whole.

I thought the company paper was tough - no SLP or restriction which are usually bankers but I got enough case law down and managed as best I could. Were other peoples' answers quite short?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Hey guys,

What are people covering for Criminal?

Can anyone tell me what topics came up in the equity exam oct 2015? I have updated an old grid but just realised that I'm missing that.

Also does anyone have any exam reports they can share?

What are people leaving out? I had been very relaxed up until now but I think the fact that they have actually started has kicked me into panic mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Yohnathan

Does anyone from Independent or Griffith have the predictions for Contract tomorrow please?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yohnathan wrote: »
    Does anyone from Independent or Griffith have the predictions for Contract tomorrow please?

From Independent:

Can't be left out:
    Offer & Acceptance
    Consideration
    Consumer Protection
    Remedies
    Discharge of a Contract
    Mistake
    Exemption Clauses

Studied in detail:
    Terms
    Estoppel
    Privity of Contract
    Misrepresentation
    Duress

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hiyakeano

Can anyone explain S45 SOGSSA 1980 and the whole aspect of 'fiction of fraud' in Misrepresentation in Contract law?

I can't seem to get my head around it anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Tigerbalm1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what topics came up in the equity exam oct 2015? I have updated an old grid but just realised that I'm missing that.

Also does anyone have any exam reports they can share?

What are people leaving out? I had been very relaxed up until now but I think the fact that they have actually started has kicked me into panic mode

PM me your email. Will forward on exam qs and sample answers

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Sat what was hopefully my last fe1 today! So long boards.ie 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

Hey anybody have the independent predictions for EU? Or any advice for the case note question? Any likely cases to come up this year? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Can anyone who answered Q7 in constitutional today please tell me what the answer consisted of? I answered using property right, no remuniaration for infringement, principles and policy test, fair procedures. I am not sure if that was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Can anyone who answered Q7 in constitutional today please tell me what the answer consisted of? I answered using property right, no remuniaration for infringement, principles and policy test, fair procedures. I am not sure if that was correct.

I've no idea what it was about! Avoided it like the plague! Think there was a bit of family thrown in there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

Anybody have a list of the case notes that came up in EU last time round? I would love you.

I've no idea what it was about! Avoided it like the plague! Think there was a bit of family thrown in there too!

Thanks! Over all the paper was ok I thought. Here is to passing! Major session today, with a massive hangover tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Right so I'm in a bit of a panic because I just realised I forgot to drop in my legislative sources for tomorrow's Contract Exam and it says in the letter it has to be done between 9am and 1pm.

Has anyone here ever dropped in the sources the morning of the exam?

I remember an earlier poster saying they were doing this because they were a two hour drive away?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Right so I'm in a bit of a panic because I just realised I forgot to drop in my legislative sources for tomorrow's Contract Exam and it says in the letter it has to be done between 9am and 1pm.

I remember an earlier poster saying they were doing this because they were a two hour drive away?

You can, just won't get them back till about an hour in

Normally this is fine, you just get it back during the exam - I haven't done it for this sitting but I have before.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Supermax1988

Dunne1995 wrote: »

Awh brilliant, thanks. Do you need to phone ahead to the Law Society to let them know or anything?

Dunne1995 wrote: »

Awh brilliant, thanks. Do you need to phone ahead to the Law Society to let them know or anything?

No you don't, just hand them in when you get there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ColeJoan

Hi Guys,

To those in the depths of October Fe1 , hope you are doing okay.

Just wanted to ask does anyone have the dates for which spring 2016 exams were sat this year, sat these exams back in 2013/2014 and had a career break for last 2 years, going back to finish unfinished business, ha!.

Just trying to see if I can select 3 exams to sit that wont run back to back based on 2016 spring timetable.(Rang Law Society and dates wont be released until end of November- snore Zzzzz)

Also plus I have always sat Equity, Tort, Contract and Criminal as my first 4 before, failing two, passing two, so now with new rules looking to just smash 3 of these out of the park, most likely Criminal with Contract and Equity as they go hand in hand.

Any remarks greatly appreciated, plus can someone advise me that I should be okay doing these with just the using manuals as I have sat twice before and wondering is there anything new that I should be aware of in the form of Criminal Acts.

Hey anybody have the independent predictions for EU? Or any advice for the case note question? Any likely cases to come up this year? Thanks guys

laurenburne I'm sitting EU next week too, don't have any predictions but I've only heard that the examiner has changed?? My most recent exam paper that i have is March 2015. Do you know how the examiner has changed things up? are there bankers that weren't there before or visa versa?? :-)

Can anyone who answered Q7 in constitutional today please tell me what the answer consisted of? I answered using property right, no remuniaration for infringement, principles and policy test, fair procedures. I am not sure if that was correct. Anyone please... I have peace of mind if I was roughly on the right track....

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Was anyone else pissed off & annoyed with the amount of banging that was going on in the exams or is it just me getting easily annoyed!!! 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

From Independent:

Can't be left out:
    Offer & Acceptance
    Consideration
    Consumer Protection
    Remedies
    Discharge of a Contract
    Mistake
    Exemption Clauses

Studied in detail:
    Terms
    Estoppel
    Privity of Contract
    Misrepresentation
    Duress

Would you think I'd be short not having covered Discharge, Privity and Terms??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement