Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭qwerty1991

Awh brilliant, thanks. Do you need to phone ahead to the Law Society to let them know or anything?

Hi, I was the earlier poster, forgot to reply due to cramming! Left in my constitution this morning and got it around the 45 minute mark in the exam (wasn't really paying attention to the clock!) No issue with it, Quite a few were handing it in on the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

Constitutional such a disaster, finding it difficult to focus on cramming for contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheCrutzer

Can anyone who answered Q7 in constitutional today please tell me what the answer consisted of? I answered using property right, no remuniaration for infringement, principles and policy test, fair procedures. I am not sure if that was correct. Anyone please... I have peace of mind if I was roughly on the right track....

I'm not really sure. That was my last question and I was a bit all over the place because I was really cutting it short on time and I hadnt studied the president so I was stuck with it. At the start I was waffling about equality because it was only directed towards people in social housing and not anyone else. Then I realsied the property issue. I wasn't sure if it was property at the start because of the essay question.

When I was looking through the paper at the start I thought it was priciples and policies but I didnt think it was after because I wasn't sure if any power was being delegated. Time killed me my q7 was all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

I feel the same. This is my first time sitting exams and constitutional really threw me. I feeI I only correctly answered three questions. And answered 4 in total. I'm a bit distraught and have contract in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lindyloo 1

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    I feel the same. This is my first time sitting exams and constitutional really threw me. I feeI I only correctly answered three questions. And answered 4 in total. I'm a bit distraught and have contract in the morning

I'm the exact same. Very disheartened from constitutional as had put so much work in. Guess just need to put that aside now and put best foot forward for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

Don't lose hope, I had three ok (definitely not great) questions and two completely clutching at straws for constitutional, I was sure I failed and I passed it. It is a hard exam but its reflected fairly in the marking given the size of the course I think..

Try and forget about it and move on to the next exam. stressing about it now isn't going to help you pass the exam tomorrow! (I know that's easier said than done)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Padod89

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone did Q1 today on the constitutional paper? If so, how did you approach it? Have a bad feeling that I wrote a load nonsense!!!

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

Thanks so much. It was my first ever exam and I couldn't hold back the tears after all my preparations... I really appreciate everybody's nice gestures happy studying.
    Tigerbalm1 wrote: »

Don't lose hope, I had three ok (definitely not great) questions and two completely clutching at straws for constitutional, I was sure I failed and I passed it. It is a hard exam but its reflected fairly in the marking given the size of the course I think..

Try and forget about it and move on to the next exam. stressing about it now isn't going to help you pass the exam tomorrow! (I know that's easier said than done)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 2121993

Thanks so much. It was my first ever exam and I couldn't hold back the tears after all my preparations... I really appreciate everybody's nice gestures happy studying.
    Honestly, don't worry. I thought I failed 4 last time and I passed them all. You will rarely walk out of an fe1 feeling that it went well. The sheer fact of having to do 5 questions means that you'll always have 1 or 2 bad ones and of course they're the ones that stick in your head. Think positive thoughts and focus on the next one. You can only do your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭legalease2172

Was anyone else pissed off & annoyed with the amount of banging that was going on in the exams or is it just me getting easily annoyed!!! 😡
    It was pretty annoying! However, the venue has much improved! Being in a smaller room rather than a glorified glass shed really helps ;)

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone did Q1 today on the constitutional paper? If so, how did you approach it? Have a bad feeling that I wrote a load nonsense!!!

Cheers
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tednugent13

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    P

I did it on 40.3 Privacy and Freedom of expression..proportionality

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zxcvbnm123

Did anyone answer Q3 on the constitutional paper today? I answered on equality but was wondering if there were any issues I missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

TheCrutzer wrote: »
    I'm not really sure. That was my last question and I was a bit all over the place because I was really cutting it short on time and I hadnt studied the president so I was stuck with it. At the start I was waffling about equality because it was only directed towards people in social housing and not anyone else. Then I realsied the property issue. I wasn't sure if it was property at the start because of the essay question.

When I was looking through the paper at the start I thought it was priciples and policies but I didnt think it was after because I wasn't sure if any power was being delegated. Time killed me my q7 was all over the place

Thanks for that, I think we were both right actually. Equality was right but I also think property, locus standi, and principles and policies we're right, because John made the application straight to court instead of the application brought to court by a public body. So the courts acted outside of the principles and policies of the act in making the order without it being referred by a public body. Also, fair procedures was worth a mention. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I was also stuck for time and didn't study the President. I ended up doing the president from the constitution itself, hope I'll pass that question

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Hi Guys,

Cheers
    P

I did it on 40.3 Privacy and Freedom of expression..proportionality

I also answered Q1 with freedom of expression, privacy and proportionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tednugent13

Yurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

anyone know when griffith disable your moodle access post exams

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shimmy!

Does anyone have this?

I did the exact same as you, mentioned that Cogley and Aherne v RTE case about the Leas Cross nursing home documentary as well. Don't know how exactly relevant it was but anyway...best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

bivo87 wrote: »
    laurenburne I'm sitting EU next week too, don't have any predictions but I've only heard that the examiner has changed?? My most recent exam paper that i have is March 2015. Do you know how the examiner has changed things up? are there bankers that weren't there before or visa versa?? :-)

Yeah I think the examiner changed before the last sitting. Some people have said that this may through patterns out the window? I've no idea though.

I'm going to concentrate on direct effect, freedoms, citizenship, competition, general principles, prelim ref procedure and then try to have a basic understanding of the rest. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

anyone know when griffith disable your moodle access post exams

They say the week after the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Sorry to change the subject, but is there a discussion on milk rounds on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

oraghabd wrote: »
    Sorry to change the subject, but is there a discussion on milk rounds on here?

There is a thread for them, it's a bit down the list of threads at this point but I'm sure searching "milkrounds 2016" or something similar will bring it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chocchip12

Does anyone have a notion what to cut down for criminal? Have independent made any recs? One week and it'll all be over at least lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭law_student1

Hi all,

Hope the exams are going well for all! Does anyone have the topics for EU narrowed down/tips for the case note Q?

I am only starting to learn for it now, so need all the help I can get, or a miracle more preferably.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OscarBN

Was it just me or was there a lot going on in that exam?
    Really emphasises the point to cover the whole course, lots and lots of issues everywhere! Essays were very specific too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

OscarBN wrote: »
    Was it just me or was there a lot going on in that exam?
    Really emphasises the point to cover the whole course, lots and lots of issues everywhere! Essays were very specific too.

So much going on. Really struggled with that one. My only source of relief is that I realised Q8 was an OR Q before I started to try bs my way through penalty clauses

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

So much going on. Really struggled with that one. My only source of relief is that I realised Q8 was an OR Q before I started to try bs my way through penalty clauses

is question 5 based on mere representation and warranty or other chapters also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zxcvbnm123

Has anyone any inclination as to what Q3 in the constitutional exam yesterday was? Still can't get my head around it 😰

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Has anyone any idea how they mark these exams...I just feel my two exams I totally understand the topics but I keep forgetting the cases and whilst I feel the right principles are going down the answers are on the short side especially when I hear the norm is 2.5 pages. I just wonder is it more important that they know you understand what your talking about but might be sketchy on cases.....:/

Memory loss from sheer exhaustion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement