Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

SeanPaul69 wrote: »
    **** I said for q1 part 2 that there was an enforceable contract, but forgot about s4 of the sales of goods act :( Also for Q1 part 1 you could just argue that whether revocation was communicated or not depended on the status of emails in contract law

I said it was enforceable cuz she had promised to pay which was enough consideration and she cudnt have done anything else in terms of 'her part of the deal' it was payment on delivery. Don't think I knew about s4. Didn't mention it anyway! Did u just remember it when u came out of the exam or someone said it to you after?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fe1stresser

Sorry to bother you guys but did anyone do the retention of title question in company by any chance? I did and I got a bit confused. I said that the second one was a simple retention of title clause and a proceeds of sale clause. The proceeds of sale was right but the simple retention of title clause wasn't which obviously affects registration etc. Do you think that will drag me down hugely? I was happy with every other question and had lots of case law for everything so do you think that getting that part wrong will affect mark overall. I have to pass this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Sorry to bother you guys but did anyone do the retention of title question in company by any chance? I did and I got a bit confused. I said that the second one was a simple retention of title clause and a proceeds of sale clause. The proceeds of sale was right but the simple retention of title clause wasn't which obviously affects registration etc. Do you think that will drag me down hugely? I was happy with every other question and had lots of case law for everything so do you think that getting that part wrong will affect mark overall. I have to pass this!!

sorry i dont have the paper infront of me but was the supplier not entitled to take the €20,000 worth of bottles of furniture oils he supplied under a rot clause as they were untouched?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LaLuciole

Property was an absolute nightmare, glad others thought so too!

Does anyone have a grid for equity? or sample answers would also be very much appreciated.. after property feeling very very disheartened

Yea that was the one. For part a i discussed all sums due per amour v thyssen and discussed the case law surrounding aggregation of title because the timber was mixed. Then with part b i discussed simple retention of title clause and proceeds clause. The simple was wrong I think but I got a bit confused when I saw "ownership" versus "title" in part b.... For part b I argued that the retention of title clause would be valid on the basis that if it were a simple retention of title clause and a proceeds of sale clause which created a genuine trust (which is not registrable) (the Re RJ Hickey v Carroll v G and JF Bourke divide) then neither was void against the liquidator because they were not registrable interests under section 99.....

I think I really overthought it

Part a I think I said that the supplier was entitled to timber on premises but not tables as title extinguished and it was not an aggregation of title clause anyway.....

agh bit of a head melt!

This was supposed to be my best exam.

Did anyone do the essay on meetings of directors-- I did but I only had 6 cases, I had the relevant legislation and the fact that the written resolution procedure requires the company to have adopted model reg 6. Do you think its enough to pass?

Sorry about this guys!! But its useful to run this by people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fe1exams

What was asked in contract?

Yea that was the one. For part a i discussed all sums due per amour v thyssen and discussed the case law surrounding aggregation of title because the timber was mixed. Then with part b i discussed simple retention of title clause and proceeds clause. The simple was wrong I think but I got a bit confused when I saw "ownership" versus "title" in part b.... For part b I argued that the retention of title clause would be valid on the basis that if it were a simple retention of title clause and a proceeds of sale clause which created a genuine trust (which is not registrable) (the Re RJ Hickey v Carroll v G and JF Bourke divide) then neither was void against the liquidator because they were not registrable interests under section 99.....

Part a I think I said that the supplier was entitled to timber on premises but not tables as title extinguished and it was not an aggregation of title clause anyway.....

agh bit of a head melt!

Did anyone do the essay on meetings of directors-- I did but I only had 6 cases, I had the relevant legislation and the fact that the written resolution procedure requires the company to have adopted model reg 6. Do you think its enough to pass?

I agree with all that. Why was the simple ROTC wrong? I wrote generally about ROTCs and then split answer into a and b at the end so I might lose marks for that. I'd say I had less than 6 cases. Talked all about agms n how they were validly held.

Ok phew.....thank god you wrote something similar... I thought company would be the worst and now having sat contract and property (contract was fine but I was so tired I couldn't think straight) I'm starting to think I failed them all!!

Property was a disaster....I had to the contractual lease question and then to manage a second page had to discuss estoppel leases which were irrelevant....should make for some interesting reading!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

agh bit of a head melt!

I said the first one in part B was invalid because it passed the legal title onto the buyer while reserving the beneficial title to the seller - so it was a charge as in Re Bond Worth.

Let's not think about it and move on though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Does anyone have condensed noted on the defences for crim I'm in a spot of bother please please please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Albert_Roi

Does anyone have any tips or heard any predictions for EU? It's a very long course. I'm worried I'm perhaps spreading myself too thin and not doing enough topics. I was very lucky in both Company and Property and barely had 5 questions to answer. I'm doing the following topics:

Institutions
    Sources of EU Law
    Application of EU Law before Domestic Courts
    Procedures before EU Courts
    FMOG
    FMOW
    FOE
    FTPS
    EU Citizenship
    Competition - Art. 101 & 102 (haven't studied State Aids or Mergers)

What do you think? I'm thinking about maybe Equalty too but I don't even know the topics listed that well so unsure whether I should study another topic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

Does anyone have condensed noted on the defences for crim I'm in a spot of bother please please please!

Sent you a PM there

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Albert_Roi wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips or heard any predictions for EU? It's a very long course. I'm worried I'm perhaps spreading myself too thin and not doing enough topics. I was very lucky in both Company and Property and barely had 5 questions to answer. I'm doing the following topics:

Institutions
    Sources of EU Law
    FMOG
    FOE
    FTPS
    EU Citizenship
    Competition - Art. 101 & 102 (haven't studied State Aids of Mergers)

What do you think? I'm thinking about maybe Equalty too but I don't even know the topics listed that well so unsure whether I should study another topic as well.

Are you doing FMOW? I'm doing basically everything except competition and Brussels I and II because I despise competition and its so big.

sophya wrote: »
    Are you doing FMOW? I'm doing basically everything except competition and Brussels I and II because I despise competition and its so big.
    Yes, sorry, meant to say FMOW also.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

EU
    What cases are people doing for EU?? I really dont like case note qs but think maybe I should cover it as a last resort as I am struggling to cover the topics, it is just endless!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lemonliman

does anyone have the college predictions for equity- I have the 2013 exam grid but it seems completely indecipherable! I'm bricking tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cramm3r

Does anyone have college criminal predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

lemonliman wrote: »
    does anyone have the college predictions for equity- I have the 2013 exam grid but it seems completely indecipherable! I'm bricking tbh!

i do ya send me a pm with your e-mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocksch2

Albert_Roi wrote: »

Institutions
    Sources of EU Law
    FMOG
    FMOW
    FOE
    FTPS
    EU Citizenship
    Competition - Art. 101 & 102 (haven't studied State Aids or Mergers)

Is there much point in doing Sources of EU law? Also if I were you I'd stick in Prelim Ref or Infringement, short and not too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Does anyone pretty please have criminal predictions from indep colls? Would be forever grateful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

Anyone have recent enough EU grid? Have 2013 exam reports for all subs & a few other reports to trade :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cyclestudent

Does anyone pretty please have criminal predictions from indep colls? Would be forever grateful!

Simply said that never makes predictions with criminal law as is so unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeanPaul69

Any predictions for EU? Im doing:
    1) Institutions
    2) Sources
    3) General Principles (Fundamental rights, transparency etc)
    4) Direct effect and MS liability
    5) FMOG
    6) FOE and FTPS
    7) FMOW
    8)Citizenship
    9) Equality
    10) Prelimiary Reference Procedure

I dont wana tempt fate but surely I'll be covered with that?? seems to be that you'll pass EU so long as u can answer 5 qs

rocksch2 wrote: »
    Is there much point in doing Sources of EU law? Also if I were you I'd stick in Prelim Ref or Infringement, short and not too hard.
    Well in my manual, EU Competences, fundamental rights, and other principles are in "Sources of EU Law" so that's pretty important I think. And Prelim Ref is in Application of EU Law before Domestic Courts so doing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LavenderLemon

Can anyone tell me what came up in October 2012 in EU? If anyone has the paper/examiner's report to send on would be great but even a list of the case for the case note q would be lovely :) have had a quick look in the old thread but can't see anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

EU: Can anyone give some examples of what a court of final instance might be in Ireland that's not the Supreme Court for A267 purposes? Also re procedural safeguards under A258 are there any useful cases? - struggling to find much there beyond the lengthy process and chance to remedy before being fined.

Thanks in advance. Hope they're going ok for everyone!! :)

John is also liable under section 4 of the 1990 Act. The offence includes penetration of the anus by the penis and can be committed against a member of the opposite as well as the same sex of the perpetrator. It plugs the gap left by the original definition of rape in Irish law.

really. that's the wording you wanna use? okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

Ownleme wrote: »
    John is also liable under section 4 of the 1990 Act. The offence includes penetration of the anus by the penis and can be committed against a member of the opposite as well as the same sex of the perpetrator. It plugs the gap left by the original definition of rape in Irish law.

really. that's the wording you wanna use? okay...

Are you responding to someone here or do you simply feel it necessary to discuss s4 rape at 22:00 on a Saturday evening completely out of the blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Hi All

I am looking for a Contract manual for 2012-2013...if anyone is looking to get rid of one please let me know!
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Are you responding to someone here or do you do you simply feel it necessary to discuss s4 rape at 22:00 on a Saturday evening completely out of the blue?

Imaginary conversation with the writer of the sample answer I'm looking at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement