Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LawGuy2016

Does anybody have a Ryanair Holdings case note for EU? I would be super super grateful. I can't seem to find much information on it. I'm really panicking for EU now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

LawGuy2016 wrote: »
    Does anybody have a Ryanair Holdings case note for EU? I would be super super grateful. I can't seem to find much information on it. I'm really panicking for EU now!!

I'm really panicking too. I don't think I'm going to bother with case note question now. So much in it. Can't even get my head around the Microsoft case. I don't have rynair notes sorry :/

What topics are you covering lawguy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

letmcg wrote: »
    are the exams being held in the red cow hotel? saw some people claiming they were sitting it in the law society

People who need disability supports (smaller rooms, extra time, scribes, etc) sit the exams in Blackhall.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bivo87

LawGuy2016 wrote: »

I don't have a case note done but I can send you a link that I found of a case summary if you want to send me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bivo87

Does anyone have notes on mergers/. Equality or private international law? I have anything else of people want anything! What are people's thoughts on these topics coming up?

Also does anyone know what q3 on the March 2015 paper was all about? Pringle and the monetary policy- I'm lost!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

lawgal wrote: »
    Has anyone ever passed the EU exam and didn't do the casenote? Is it risky not doing it? Or if anyone has some they can send on I would be forever grateful

Yes! Twice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawgal

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Yes! Twice!!

This makes me feel better! Did you pretty much cover everything else so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tobeginbegin

Was it wrong to discuss perjury in the first part of question 1? Realise it was conspiracy but couldn't remember the law. Would it be completely wrong to argue attempt?

Would I have any chance of passing with three ok questions, one iffy and one completely off? I'd the criminal marker difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

lawgal wrote: »
    This makes me feel better! Did you pretty much cover everything else so?

No actually, I didn't do any freedom of movement either. But basically everything else!

I've done case notes this time around just for a backup though... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

God I hope recklessness comes up tomorrow it's so handy! If it does, thanks in advance to the talking bread for mentioning the possibility of it coming up :p

Hope you did well : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

I also did Recklessness because you advised it. Thank you so much!

Overall, a very doable paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

If it wasnt for checking boards last night and seeing the comments about recklessness I would not have covered it in so much detail. Thank god I did as I was really stuck trying to answer 5 questions. I found that exam really tough and I felt prepared going in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

You beaut!!! :D

For anyone who did q.8, what did ye say about the firefighters severing Declan's arm?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

Pretty happy with that paper overall :) And thank you for the suggestions of recklessness and insanity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Does anyone have any suggestions for Equity and Trusts?

(Secretly hoping The Talking Bread is also sitting it & has tips)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

anybody say how they went about question two?what issues and what they decided.I ignored the age as I didn't know what it meant overall for kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ak4321

Did anybody else mess up the last question with the piece on the fella being cut from the wreckage and discuss it as intervention of a third party rather than defence of necessity etc? Got the other 2 parts on causation but just hope the other one doesn't count against me too much

I messed it up, Defence of necessity never even crossed my mind until i read your post. Fecked that up so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

Completely left out that ladies mental condition and just rattled out all the charges as if she was a person of sound mind.Ah well,always manage to make a mess of a least one question.As for Recklessness,the walking bread you have my love and respect for eternity.

Completely left out that ladies mental condition and just rattled out all the charges as if she was a person of sound mind.Ah well,always manage to make a mess of a least one question.As for Recklessness,the walking bread you have my love and respect for eternity.
    did the other woman incite or was it accesorial liability for procuring?

• Advertisement

20029422 wrote: »

I went with incitement

I went with incitement

yeah I didn't I went accesorial liability but I think your right because she was not present during the incident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I said incitement too but literally just one or two lines, didn't study the topic

Can I ask a slightly off topic and possibly silly question. I am checking out the different colleges for a preparatory course for my next subjects. All seem to mention study notes. Are these the slides they show for each lecture or am I missing something? I did not get anything more than the manual and the past papers/exam reports on my course. I am finding it difficult to choose a college for the course so if anyone was particularly happy with theirs and would recommend it could they pm me the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

20029422 wrote: »

I went with counselling, I'm probably wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dancing-Ferret

Hey guys, did anyone say for Q1 (i) that the offence committed was conspiracy to perjure? Or anyone say Margaret should plead automatism for Q4? I don't normally do post-mortems, but I'm terrified I messed up those bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Leraf wrote: »
    Can I ask a slightly off topic and possibly silly question. I am checking out the different colleges for a preparatory course for my next subjects. All seem to mention study notes. Are these the slides they show for each lecture or am I missing something? I did not get anything more than the manual and the past papers/exam reports on my course. I am finding it difficult to choose a college for the course so if anyone was particularly happy with theirs and would recommend it could they pm me the name.

ModPls don't discuss the merits or otherwise of the various colleges or their staff thru boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey, for anyone who is doing property tomorrow. How screwed will I be if I don't have the Succession Act going in? Was meant to arrive last Thursday rang them and they said Monday at the latest now no sign of it. I've studied the topic fairly well but just wondering how important citing the act is.

Anyone who fancies posting the 8 topics that are going to come up in equity is free to do so.No rush like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey, for anyone who is doing property tomorrow. How screwed will I be if I don't have the Succession Act going in? Was meant to arrive last Thursday rang them and they said Monday at the latest now no sign of it. I've studied the topic fairly well but just wondering how important citing the act is.

I never had the Succession Act going into that exam. If you have the topic cover really well you should be fine. Don't panic, treat it like every other exam like a close book, you will be fine. Hope this is of some help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement