Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ladadidadi234

Am i stupid to leave out mortgages? It just won't stay in there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tigerbalm1

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    Findings has come up the past three sittings at least .. I don't think that means it won't be on it tomorrow

Oh! Friend of mine told me it never comes up twice in a row. I don't have a property grid. Hopefully you are right :)

Also good Christ if I can avoid two in a row next sitting I will, I'm absolutely bollixed and have equity on Thursday too...

As it's a short topic and popular you shouldn't leave it out, even a ten min look over it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 angelicapickle

EU predictions anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Can Proprietary Estoppel only be relied upon as a defence? Or are the courts more lenient here than they are with a Promissory Estoppel?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

EU predictions anyone?

I'm going to go with;

competition 101 & 102
    direct effect (hopefully a problem q)
    Essay of preliminary reference
    Infringement procedure
    Citizenship
    Free movement of goods ( I don't know this yet)
    Standing
    Case more question ( I'm hoping for van gend, Costa v enel, kobler, airtours, altmark trans, zambrano, simmenthal, facini dori, microsoft v comission)

Anybody recommend anything else?

• Advertisement

Can Proprietary Estoppel only be relied upon as a defence? Or are the courts more lenient here than they are with a Promissory Estoppel?

Promissory estoppel can only be used as a defence, proprietary estoppel can be a cause of action

EU predictions anyone?

I'm going to go with;

competition 101 & 102
    direct effect (hopefully a problem q)
    Essay of preliminary reference
    Infringement procedure
    Citizenship
    Free movement of goods ( I don't know this yet)
    Standing
    Case more question ( I'm hoping for van gend, Costa v enel, kobler, airtours, altmark trans, zambrano, simmenthal, facini dori, microsoft v comission)

Anybody recommend anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gamad

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has purchased examiner reports from the law society website before? do you receive a soft copy straight away? Left it kinda last minute for EU! 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LordDennys

Gamad wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has purchased examiner reports from the law society website before? do you receive a soft copy straight away? Left it kinda last minute for EU! 😕

Just hard copies in the mail when I bought them

• Registered Users Posts: 25 2121993

Is the Recast Directive in the EU legislation and treaties book that we can bring in?

• Advertisement

2121993 wrote: »
    Is the Recast Directive in the EU legislation and treaties book that we can bring in?

Oh lord I don't even know what that is

Oh lord I don't even know what that is
    That's probably the most comforting answer I could get to be honest... Neither did I til 5 minutes ago and now I'm wondering if I need to bother finding out haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaranF1

What's everyone studying for Equity on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lawstudent34

Do people think there is any chance of a Preliminary Ref , Judicial Review and MS Compliance Q all coming up tomorrow for EU Law or is that too much wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

What a beaut of a property exam, treasure trove and finding again :) succession, adverse possession, family property, nearly creamed seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

starbar91 wrote: »
    What a beaut of a property exam, treasure trove and finding again :) succession, adverse possession, family property, nearly creamed seeing it

Same! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ahhh I know it's some feeling having a choice of questions! Just hope I made the right choice going with the co ownership instead of the s.90 succession one now! :pac:

Did ye say that Monica's original will was valid?

CiaranF1 wrote: »
    What's everyone studying for Equity on Thursday?

3 certanites, Strong v Bird and DMC, Secret Trust, Resulting Trusts, Charitable and Cy-Pres, Trusteeship, Specific Performance, Estoppel, Undue Influence, Tracing and Trustees

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Ahhh I know it's some feeling having a choice of questions! Just hope I made the right choice going with the co ownership instead of the s.90 succession one now!

I think it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭amomcnico91

Would I be very silly to leave out Resulting Trusts for Thursday? Genuinely find the topic hard to digest.

• Advertisement

Would I be very silly to leave out Resulting Trusts for Thursday? Genuinely find the topic hard to digest.

I don't think so if you have a good selection of other topics. I'm leaving out injunctions, I know it means I'm down to a choice of 7 questions but I really don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lawbee3

Ahhh I know it's some feeling having a choice of questions! Just hope I made the right choice going with the co ownership instead of the s.90 succession one now! :pac:

Did coownership too but screwed up the commorientes part oops hopefully won't be too bad as it's only half the question eek!! I think it was valid unless the witnesses had their backs turned helping the other patient when Joey signed as it must be in the line of sight or they must have the opportunity to see it?

Do regulations have horizontal direct effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Yes. They are automatically EU law.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 binkevii

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gunslinger92 View Post
    Ahhh I know it's some feeling having a choice of questions! Just hope I made the right choice going with the co ownership instead of the s.90 succession one now!

** Did coownership too but screwed up the commorientes part oops hopefully won't be too bad as it's only half the question eek!! I think it was valid unless the witnesses had their backs turned helping the other patient when Joey signed as it must be in the line of sight or they must have the opportunity to see it?

did you discuss revocation of the will?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Would it be crazy to give study a break this eve? Had exams last two days and equity is my last on thurs.

Would it be crazy to give study a break this eve? Had exams last two days and equity is my last on thurs.

I'm only giving notes a quick read this evening. I'm the same as you, two exams the past two days and wrecked!!

[quote="binkevii;101320159

did you discuss revocation of the will?[/quote]

I did!

Take a break! Better to have a rest and put in some work tomorrow. Don't feel bad about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Slightly off topic - anyone know re doing prep courses online.. I have my name down for one for the next four subjects but don't wanna hand over the money to find out in a few weeks time I've failed these ones. Does anyone know can you just hold off on paying till results time? TIA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement