Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hi folks,

I am hoping somebody can answer a question for me regarding S.212 (Shareholder Protection) of CA 2014.

Why is it easier to be successful with an application under S.212 when claiming oppression rather than disregard of interests as a member?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KT_94

Has anyone got sample answers for EU and Constitutional that they could send on? Thanks!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am hoping somebody can answer a question for me regarding S.212 (Shareholder Protection) of CA 2014.

Why is it easier to be successful with an application under S.212 when claiming oppression rather than disregard of interests as a member?

Where are you seeing that it's "easier" to succeed under oppression than disregarding interests?

The two are alternatives, so failing to show oppression doesn't necessarily end an action if the party can show the behaviour of the majority or directors disregarded the minority member(s) interests.

There is a bit more subjectivity to establishing disregard of interests than there is to establishing oppression as the latter is usually provable by objective measures. There is a lot more nuance and subjectivity to establishing what amounts to "interests" and that the behaviour of the majority/directors were "disregarding" those interests.

Thanks for the reply. I just saw it written in two sets of notes which I got from friends, but reading through the manual and text book I don't see anything backing it up. I assume their reasoning was due to the greater number of applications which were successful by showing oppression.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

Anyone else having a complete lack of motivation this week? I know it is crunch time and I really need to start learning cases and the facts but every time I look at the notes I just stare at the wall... why does the law society do this to us?? Any advice on how to build back up my motivation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

I know that pain! I say keep your pen on the paper. When you've finished writing your notes write them out again. Write out answers to past FE-1 Q's and write out cases to help remember them.

I find it great to just keep writing. Helps me focus instead of getting lost in the mountain of info we all need to cover!

I know that pain! I say keep your pen on the paper. When you've finished writing your notes write them out again. Write out answers to past FE-1 Q's and write out cases to help remember them.

I find it great to just keep writing. Helps me focus instead of getting lost in the mountain of info we all need to cover!

Haha thank you! Sitting here staring at the wall atm with my notes written out long, on coloured paper, as condensed as possible and on flash cards and yet I don't seem to know them! How that is possible I don't know! But I will just keep going and have faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

anyone have any advice on the first two questions of the October company paper the first question says name five reforms and discuss and the second question wants case law and statute discussing table A being replaced by the optional provisions.but isn't this one of the main reforms do these questions overlap I seem to be just using Google rather than the manual for these questions but can't find much on table A/optional provisions.any help please

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

LegalAnna wrote: »
    Anyone else having a complete lack of motivation this week? I know it is crunch time and I really need to start learning cases and the facts but every time I look at the notes I just stare at the wall... why does the law society do this to us?? Any advice on how to build back up my motivation?

I'm the same. Only started studying after the recheck results came out so I have very little time yet I got absolutely nothing done yesterday and am struggling today. I'm trying to catch up on video lectures too and just can't concentrate during them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NikiD

Hi,

I was hoping somebody might know what came up last September in Constitution. Unfortunately my grid is not up to date. Any help is greatly appreciated, there's a couple of chapters that if came up last time I probably won't do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MrSnorkel

Hi everyone, hope the study is going well.

I'd be really grateful if someone could please send me up to date grids for EU, Company and Constitutional. I have an up to date Property grid and grids from the last sitting for Criminal, Equity, Contract and Tort that I'll happily swap in exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NikiD

I have EU but unfortunately does not have September 2016 on it.

Does anyone know if Griffith are the only school doing the One Day Revision Seminars this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cecef13

Does anyone know where I can get exam grids for Tort, Constitutional, Equity and Property? (Willing to pay for them if needed)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Could someone please clarify the difference between a declaration of solvency and a declaration of insolvency with regard to winding up? It seems in my manual that they interchange the two phrases for the same thing. There are plenty of typos in my manual so I'm afraid it's another.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There is no declaration of insolvency for companies. It's a typo more than likely albeit an incredibly confusing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

There is no declaration of insolvency for companies. It's a typo more than likely albeit an incredibly confusing one.

I figured as much. I'm not going naming the manual I'm using for Company because I know we can't do that on here but it's a joke the amount of mistakes that's in it. I bought it second hand on adverts so I can complain too much I'd be raging if I paid decent money on the course.

Thanks once again for your help. You're a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Hey everyone! I sat property, contract, equity and criminal in October. Unfortunately got done by the dreaded “you must pass 3 first time round” rule by only passing property and criminal.

My biggest mistake in October was spreading myself too thin by trying to cover too much rather than focusing on 6/7 topics per exams.

In light of this, could anyone help a man out and give the predictions for;

1. Property
    2. Equity
    3. Criminal
    4. Contract

Any assistance is hugely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HazNdan

Hey,

Would someone be able to send me an exam grid for equity, property and contact?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SoulSearchR

Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to send me exam grids for equity, criminal and property? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ak4321

Hi there,
    Updated exam grids for company, EU, constitutional and tort would be greatly appreciated if anyone has time to send on? Have one myself for property.

Anyone know where to buy the LCLRA? Cannot seem to source it anywhere!thanks!-

Have you contacted the OPW? publications[at]opw.ie

The OPW sorted me out last year. I found it easier to give them a ring and they know exactly what is needed for the FE1s. Number is 01 647 6834 and webpage is here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Katy2017

Hi Guys

Does anyone know what came up or have the most recent exam paper for Constitutional (October 2016)? I have equity, property and contract, and all the previous Constitutional papers...happy to share, just missing the most recent Constitutional one!

Would be very much appreciated! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Camron_16

Q1-Locas Standi, Privacy,Freedom of Expression - Problem
    Q2- Property Rights- Essay
    Q3- Equality, Liberty - Problem
    Q4- International Relations - Problem
    Q5- Non Delegation, Referendum Law,Right to life/ Abortion, The Family -Case Note
    Q6- Constitutional Interpretation - Essay
    Q7- Proportionality, Property Rights, Fair Procedures - Problem
    Q8- The President - Essay

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

starbar91 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I sat property, contract, equity and criminal in October. Unfortunately got done by the dreaded “you must pass 3 first time round” rule by only passing property and criminal.

My biggest mistake in October was spreading myself too thin by trying to cover too much rather than focusing on 6/7 topics per exams.

In light of this, could anyone help a man out and give the predictions for;

1. Property
    2. Equity
    3. Criminal
    4. Contract

Any assistance is hugely appreciated.

I'm sure covering 6 or 7 topics could lead to not being able to answer 5 questions in my opinion. I suppose it depends on the paper

Hi folks,

I am oping to get through Company, Criminal and Contract in this sitting. I attempted them in October and got the agonising 2 out of 3.
    I think the main reason I didn't get all three was due to not giving enough attention to the topic trends from past years.

So, I was hoping some kind soul would sort me out with up to date exam grids for contract, criminal and company.

I would really appreciate it,

Thanks!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

Does anyone know of any important decisions for constitutional in the last year please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 numbnuts78

Can I just ask if people have received an acknowledgment of their application from the Law Society yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement