Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

numbnuts78 wrote: »
    Can I just ask if people have received an acknowledgment of their application from the Law Society yet?

Yes I received mine a week or two ago. When did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Redo91 wrote: »
    Yes I received mine a week or two ago. When did you pay?

Oh crap I've no acknowledgement either. I handed my application into the law soc physically on the deadline day

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

I received mine over a week ago. I recommend calling and/or emailing the law society pronto!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Oh crap I've no acknowledgement either. I handed my application into the law soc physically on the deadline day

If you handed it on deadline day or thereabouts they probably won't send one out for another few weeks.. I remember one sitting I never got an acknowledgement letter just the letter a few weeks before the exam with exam number etc. Don't panic yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

numbnuts78 wrote: »
    Can I just ask if people have received an acknowledgment of their application from the Law Society yet?

I've received mine. Last year I sent mine off the 2 days before the deadline and received no letter of acknowledgement. When everyone else was getting their letters of acknowledgement and I didn't, I began to really worry. I rang them up for peace of mind and they were able to tell me over the phone that I was registered. I'd ring them up and ask to be put though to the FE1 section, just to put it out of your mind. I do remember they were very hard to get hold of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MeganC1554

I know this question has been asked before but I'm not sure the response. Can I tab my EU legislation? Will make life easier in the exam...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 numbnuts78

Got through to them. They have my application. Still sending out the acknowledgments. They said it would be Friday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Leraf

MeganC1554 wrote: »
    I know this question has been asked before but I'm not sure the response. Can I tab my EU legislation? Will make life easier in the exam...

You can tab the legislation, just no writing

Leraf wrote: »
    MeganC1554 wrote: »

You can tab the legislation, just no writing

Cheers Leraf

smeal wrote: »
    If you handed it on deadline day or thereabouts they probably won't send one out for another few weeks.. I remember one sitting I never got an acknowledgement letter just the letter a few weeks before the exam with exam number etc. Don't panic yet :)

Thanks :) got home from work today and it had arrived so all good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭laurenburne

Would any kind human have an up to date grid for tort?

I have materials for all the other exams id anyone needs anything in return 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭annmc882

Just a very random quick question on criminal law - does property offences (theft, robbery, deception) ever come up as an essay question or is it just dotted all round the paper in short snippets of problem questions ...

Prob a silly question, just want to be sure I'm covering it within reason

Would any kind human have an up to date grid for tort?

I have materials for all the other exams id anyone needs anything in return 😊

Send me ur email

Does anyone know if Griffith are the only school doing the One Day Revision Seminars this time around?
    I think lawschool.ie on lad lane are doing them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

annmc882 wrote: »
    I think lawschool.ie on lad lane are doing them.

Nothing on their website. I'll send an email.

Do. They're brilliant !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Pls do not discuss on this forum the various firms and lecturers offering tuition etc

Anyone have any inclings as to particular topics that might be due to come up in equity? Obviously studying the majority of the course but if anyone has any tips.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LegalLaaaaady

Hey everyone!

What's everyone's positions with being set for the exams? I hope I am not the only one who has yet to even get through even half of the revision, nevermind learning everything off!! Will need a miracle to get me through these dreaded exams yet again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lori1980

Would anyone happen to have up to date grid including Oct 2016 for Company and/or EU?
    Happy to send on materials I have for company eu criminal equity contract and constitutional including sample answers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BASHBAG

Hey guys,

My notes on ROT clauses are a little out of date. Could anyone explain what the current law is regarding the registration of ROT clauses. Is it still the case that 2 need to be reg'd and 2 don't?

Cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Hey everyone!

What's everyone's positions with being set for the exams? I hope I am not the only one who has yet to even get through even half of the revision, nevermind learning everything off!! Will need a miracle to get me through these dreaded exams yet again!!

You're not on your own. Keep going and give it your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

Hey everyone!

I'm still just writing out notes at the moment...!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭odwyer94

How many topics are people studying for EU? I'm looking at 15 at the moment but find the subject dreadfully boring so hoping to cut it down somewhat. Any predictions for EU?

Also, I've heard that Company and Tort are regarded as the two most demanding subjects volume-wise but I don't find this to be the case? Im doing 12 topics for Tort and 13 for Company. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

odwyer94 wrote: »
    How many topics are people studying for EU? I'm looking at 15 at the moment but find the subject dreadfully boring so hoping to cut it down somewhat. Any predictions for EU?

Also, I've heard that Company and Tort are regarded as the two most demanding subjects volume-wise but I don't find this to be the case? Im doing 12 topics for Tort and 13 for Company. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

So far I have done notes for:

Competition
    Direct and indirect effect
    Preliminary Reference
    Infringement procedures
    Judicial standing
    Free movement of goods
    Citenzship
    Fundamental rights

Still have to do case notes and maybe just doing one more topic....

I was hoping to get away with that.. any suggestions?

I don't feel on my own so ... Still loads of notes to do... Roll on the 15th March :(

odwyer94 wrote: »

12 for tort seems on low side ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Guys, I know these exams can be a struggle and there seems to be a mountain of stuff to learn for everything but I definitely think it's a mistake to be cutting out too much. The examiners have consistently mentioned in the reports that people are underprepared and most people who fail do so because they can't answer a fifth question. There has been a trend of mixing topics in questions so you really have to know everything. I get that there's a lot to learn but I think people are taking a risk in trying to cut down too much. You can get lucky; I definitely did with Company, but I covered all or almost all topics on the syllabus for the other 6 I passed. There's boring parts to all of them but they'll be a lot more boring the second time around.

Edit: Apologies if this comes across a little harsh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LegalAnna

Yoop wrote: »
    Guys, I know these exams can be a struggle and there seems to be a mountain of stuff to learn for everything but I definitely think it's a mistake to be cutting out too much. The examiners have consistently mentioned in the reports that people are underprepared and most people who fail do so because they can't answer a fifth question. There has been a trend of mixing topics in questions so you really have to know everything. I get that there's a lot to learn but I think people are taking a risk in trying to cut down too much. You can get lucky; I definitely did with Company, but I covered all or almost all topics on the syllabus for the other 6 I passed. There's boring parts to all of them but they'll be a lot more boring the second time around.

Edit: Apologies if this comes across a little harsh :)

I definitely was in that position! My first three questions were answered perfectly, fourth was an ok question but I know my fifth question in the two exams I failed I was only giving the examiner what I knew and not answering the question because I had only learned the broad outline of the topics... it might've took one more day to learn them off but definitely would've been worth it for not having to face back into the same subjects again this time around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

Here's my two cents with four behind me: go through the past papers with your topics. If you can answer at least 6 of 8 in each FE-1 going back the years then you're likely to get your 5 on the day. Besides you really want to have 6 of 8 on the day, having some choice is a huge stress remover right at the start of the exam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement