Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

Same here! Is he a hard markerr does anybody no?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

I heard he's a nice one but Im going to be looking for a mother theresa-type... Bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aislingo55

Dido! Do you have to pass every question?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Anyone here have any experience with passing contract on three good questions and 2 half questions ie on point but 2 pages long with little case law!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jesika

Hey! im hoping to do tort contract criminal and constitutional in march 2014, so id be interested in splitting notes for those courses??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Jesika

penny1500 wrote: »
    I am doing the preparatory course in Contract and Tort in City Colleges...anyone else doing a preparatory course and we could swap notes?

Hey! im hoping to do tort contract criminal and constitutional in march 2014, so id be interested in splitting prep notes for those courses??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aislingo55

Hi all! This is my first time sitting constitutional law and it seems to me there is quiet a bit of scare mongering associated with this particular subject. For anyone one who has passed it have you any advice on how best to prepare in these last couple of days? Or any advice re sitting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheLawBear2

Anyone else feel like you basically spent every minute of the last few months studying for no reason at all as all the exams are going so badly and not at all as you planned??:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

For eu tomorrow I'm leaving out judicial review and state aid on the grounds they came up in March and don't seem overly popular on the grid. Do u think I'll get away with that? Exams all round seem to be going badly this sitting I don't want to take too many chances :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 71fe1

I literally have been studying since the end of July, and think I have failed two of my three exams so far! I HATE THESE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

Jesika wrote: »
    Hey! im hoping to do tort contract criminal and constitutional in march 2014, so id be interested in splitting prep notes for those courses??
    Hi Jesika, maybe we could private message and have a chat about it...I would definitely be interested in doing a share...could save us both time and money!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

oh god pray for the easiest equity paper on Wednesday...I cannot cope anymore and am now wearing reading glasses as I have strained my eyes reading notes off my computer....I hate law

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fe1stresser

Guys,

Dont get discouraged. It's almost over. People pass these exams every sitting with at least a few bad questions. I passed criminal easily. He's a good marker. And constitutional is definitely not as bad as you think. I passed first time round with a healthy 2.1. Carolan's exam reports say he just wants you to understand the material not regurgitate every case you can think of.

Study over the next few days, go through the exam papers and see how they are phrased. That's the most important thing. His problem questions can be difficult to decipher in the heat of the exam. You can pass by applying what you know, not by writing every single piece of case law on the topic but not applying it.

Keep calm!! I promise I have passed some of these exams on questions that I didn't understand (ie Tort) (maybe not ideal but there you go). Of all the markers, I think Courtney is the toughest. Even then, his exam reports are very detailed and he just expects you to know the stuff.

Deep breaths! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all what are people covering for equity on weds?! Neaaaarly there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Hi all what are people covering for equity on weds?! Neaaaarly there :)

Yeah some must do chapters would be cool. I only focused on three topics this time round due to time issues (full time employment and starting late) so Wednesdays equity paper is going to be an attempt at best

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

dandadub wrote: »
    Yeah some must do chapters would be cool. I only focused on three topics this time round due to time issues (full time employment and starting late) so Wednesdays equity paper is going to be an attempt at best

Started studying for it this afternoon. Relying on my law degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Ownleme wrote: »
    Started studying for it this afternoon. Relying on my law degree!

What do you reckon is due a run?

Balls if I know. Sorry to be of absolutely no help. I'm just reading through sample answers trying to get an overview. Probably not a good idea but sure... Popular topics seem to be. Rectification undue influence proprietary estoppel charitable purpose trusts and trusteeship. They're all probably massive topics. I dunno if there's a pattern but ppl have said previously on this that there r only certain ways they can/do ask the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Guys,

Dont get discouraged. It's almost over. People pass these exams every sitting with at least a few bad questions. I passed criminal easily. He's a good marker. And constitutional is definitely not as bad as you think. I passed first time round with a healthy 2.1. Carolan's exam reports say he just wants you to understand the material not regurgitate every case you can think of.

Study over the next few days, go through the exam papers and see how they are phrased. That's the most important thing. His problem questions can be difficult to decipher in the heat of the exam. You can pass by applying what you know, not by writing every single piece of case law on the topic but not applying it.

Keep calm!! I promise I have passed some of these exams on questions that I didn't understand (ie Tort) (maybe not ideal but there you go). Of all the markers, I think Courtney is the toughest. Even then, his exam reports are very detailed and he just expects you to know the stuff.

Deep breaths! xx

Its times like this I love these threads! The reassurance you can get off strangers is amazing at alleviating the stress! Thanks a mill :)

im thinking joint account and quistclose trusts(note)

rectification and specific performance aswell (maybe together)

Im iffy that undue influence will come up, I think its due a break and it also came up in the Contract paper this sitting.

Mareva Injunctions with the case of Collins v Gharion being very recent aswell.

God Equity sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Quick Question- i signed up for EU tomorrow but not going to sit it now- just wondering would I still have to go and sign in or is it ok to just not turn up??

This isn't my first sitting so the requirement to sit 4 on your first go doesn't apply to me..

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Quick Question- i signed up for EU tomorrow but not going to sit it now- just wondering would I still have to go and sign in or is it ok to just not turn up??

This isn't my first sitting so the requirement to sit 4 on your first go doesn't apply to me..

nah don't bother turning up.....I didn't for company in march, its grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheLawBear2

Do many people pass these exams first time does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Happychicky7

dinemo6 wrote: »

R u living/staying in Dub? Would u not go & check out the paper @ least? Ull only have to stay an hour, I did that in March for EU- on the off chance that the limited selection of topics I covered came up....used to time to see how many Equity maxims I could remember for exam next day instead!?!

Milkypops wrote: »
    im thinking joint account and quistclose trusts(note)

rectification and specific performance aswell (maybe together)

Im iffy that undue influence will come up, I think its due a break and it also came up in the Contract paper this sitting.

Mareva Injunctions with the case of Collins v Gharion being very recent aswell.

God Equity sucks

Totally not questioning you on your opinion that undue influence won't come up but do you think the examiners compare papers like that?

Totally not questioning you on your opinion that undue influence won't come up but do you think the examiners compare papers like that?

well not completely sure....im more going on the fact that the exam papers this sitting seem to be awkward and not as predictable as other sittings. Im not saying its not gonna come up, I have studied it (remembering it is another thing) but I wouldn't be relying on it as a banker that's all....cannot wait for Wednesday to come and go!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

Undue influence came up in March in very similar questions in both the Equity and Contract exams. I prepared it for Equity, failed the paper (barely, grr!) and subsequently passed contract off the back of it!

EU. Equity. Constitutional. Going to be some major celebrating sleeping done from Thursday through to the weekend.

well not completely sure....im more going on the fact that the exam papers this sitting seem to be awkward and not as predictable as other sittings. Im not saying its not gonna come up, I have studied it (remembering it is another thing) but I wouldn't be relying on it as a banker that's all....cannot wait for Wednesday to come and go!

Rembering definitely doesn't follow as nicely as I thought it would from studying. If the papers r awkward mayb that's why they'll put it on again just to defy logic. Makes no difference to me whether it appears or not tho. I know as little about it as I do everything else!

Rembering definitely doesn't follow as nicely as I thought it would from studying. If the papers r awkward mayb that's why they'll put it on again just to defy logic. Makes no difference to me whether it appears or not tho. I know as little about it as I do everything else!

haha ya same as....I really should have done charitable and trusteeship now in hindsight but just couldn't be bothered now ugh!

I think im just gonna leave it for tonight and wake up with a fresh head tomorrow which will fill with information ahahah!

• Advertisement

haha ya same as....I really should have done charitable and trusteeship now in hindsight but just couldn't be bothered now ugh!

I think im just gonna leave it for tonight and wake up with a fresh head tomorrow which will fill with information ahahah!

Considering sleeping with my notes on my face last week in the hopes the information would transfer. Didn't try it in the end but could be necessary now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement