Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options
1291292293294295297»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

BASHBAG wrote: »
    Hey,

Would it be crazy to leave out Consumer Protection for contract. I have yet to look at the chapter and the thought of another technical statutory legislation heavy topic is killing my motivation.

Plus I don't have the acts yet.

Cheers for any reply

Yes get the acts and you ll be OK with it easy topic if u have the acts

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Redo91 wrote: »
    Edit: Had a look at the paper again (I know I should be moving on). It says on the question to "discuss this statement". Not saying people who just spoke about dervivative actions were wrong but clearly the examiner was leaving it open to us to disagree with the statement. :)

Look, the whole legal system here is based on the unassailable fact that lawyers disagree with each other, so from that point of view, you can interpret the law in that area any number of ways. The point of the question aside from testing your understanding of the area and the principles is to see what kind of argument you come up with and that it's appropriate backed up.

It sounds like you did just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

Help:
    All I just signed up for criminal law haven't studied this topic in years. Has anybody any words of advice / tips ? For example what are the most important topics that I should cover / or what is expected to come up ..thanks in advance  also is this a topic you should cover in whole and is it important to bring legislation in or could I do without thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Robbie25808

Mileyt wrote: »
    Help:
    All I just signed up for criminal law haven't studied this topic in years. Has anybody any words of advice / tips ? For example what are the most important topics that I should cover / or what is expected to come up ..thanks in advance  also is this a topic you should cover in whole and is it important to bring legislation in or could I do without thanks

Cover it all it seems, murder, sexual offences, complicity in offences and defences seem particulary important but tbh everything is important unfortunately for this exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Mileyt wrote: »
    Help:

There is no legislation allowed in for Criminal; you have to learn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭20029422

anyone have an upto date contract grid please with October sitting?

20029422 wrote: »
    anyone have an upto date contract grid please with October sitting?

Looking for one of these also please.

Criminal Law:

In relation to being an accessory to a crime, are you as criminally liable as the perpetrator?

So in the question below, Ray aided in the crime as he provided the security codes, knew of the nature of the crime, party to a common design.

Ray worked in a famous jewellery store in Limerick. He was known to be a 'soft touch'. Over a period of
    time, Jimmy, the leader of a local gang, befriended Ray. This was very exciting for Ray who discovered
    that the more he 'hung out with Jimmy, the more people began to treat him with respect’. Ray knew
    that Jimmy was a gang member, but he liked the attention that it brought him.
    One evening Jimmy asked Ray to provide him with the codes to enter the jewellery shop. Jimmy told
    him that he wanted to pull off a large heist at the jewellers, and that Ray was ideally placed to help. Ray
    refused, but quickly relented when he realised how unhappy this made Jimmy. He really wanted to
    please his 'new friend' and he also was very fearful of him. Jimmy had a reputation for 'disposing' of
    persons who did not comply with his wishes.

Ray provided the security codes. He also left the door of the safe open for Jimmy and the other gang
    members on a specified evening. Using the security codes, Jimmy and three other gang members
    entered the jewellery shop and stole jewellery to the value of €600,000. They were discovered however
    by vigilant Gardaí as they exited the premises. When arrested, all four were discovered to possess
    various weapons. Though Ray knew that the gang were going to enter the premises on the night in
    question, nobody had told him that they would be carrying weapons.
    Advise Ray on his possible criminal liability

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement