Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

There is too much EU law. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

There is too much EU law. >.<

I'm not doing it for FE-1s but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion there hasn't been another world war because it would be far too much effort to do the paper work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheLawBear2

Ownleme wrote: »
    Considering sleeping with my notes on my face last week in the hopes the information would transfer. Didn't try it in the end but could be necessary now

hahaha this is after cracking me up... I've resorted to caffine tablets... I rekon if you dont sleep and refrain from being in contact with all other humans and life in general.....there just maaay be a hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

hahaha this is after cracking me up... I've resorted to caffine tablets... I rekon if you dont sleep and refrain from being in contact with all other humans and life in general.....there just maaay be a hope!!

I hope they know what they've reduced us to! We should set up a new world where there are no laws (eu or otherwise) and hence nothing2 study!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

does anyone have a short note on satisfaction for equity....short being the most important word in that sentence :)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 penny1500

Milkypops wrote: »
    does anyone have a short note on satisfaction for equity....short being the most important word in that sentence :)

Cheers!
    Hi Milkypops...I have one...I can scan it and email it to you if you want to send me your address... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cheeks22

Milkypops wrote: »
    im thinking joint account and quistclose trusts(note)

rectification and specific performance aswell (maybe together)

Im iffy that undue influence will come up, I think its due a break and it also came up in the Contract paper this sitting.

Mareva Injunctions with the case of Collins v Gharion being very recent aswell.

God Equity sucks

Any chance you could give me a quick note on the significance of Collins V Gharion decision for Mareva Injunctions?

Thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 backformore

Hi all,

Hope study going well. :)

Would anyone happen to have the question or wording of the question that came up for Mareva Injunctions in the Spring 2012 exam paper? It was an essay question. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fe1stresser

Thoughts on eu?

I ballsed up the free movement problem question and the problem on transparency and maybe preliminary reference procedure but otherwise it was ok no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeanPaul69

Thought eu was fair enough in terms of topics, some of the qs asked though were a bit challenging to answer properly...did transparency come and pr come up in that q?? I thought it was only direct effect, supremacy nd equivalence and effectivenesss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 TheLawBear2

Hi all,

Would anyone happen to have the question or wording of the question that came up for Mareva Injunctions in the Spring 2012 exam paper? It was an essay question. thanks

In recent years, the Irish Courts have begun to adopt a less restrictive approach to the requirement that a plaintiff seeking a mareva injunction must show that there is a real risk that the defendant will dispose of his or her assets for the purpose of preventing the plaintiff from recovering damages. This approach will help plaintiffs striving to recover large debts from debtors, making mareva injunctions a very real and powerful tool in debt recovery litigation.

Discuss the above, supporting your answer with reference to case law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Hi all,

In recent years the Irish Courts have begun to adopt a less restrictive approach to the requirement that a plaintiff seeking a mareva injunction must show that there is a real risk that the defendant will dispose of his or her assets for the purpose of preventing the plaintiff recovering damages. This approach will help plaintiffs striving to recover large debts from debtors, making mareva injunctions a very real and powerful tool in debt recovery litigation.

Discuss the above, supporting your answer with reference to relevant case law.

I'm really hoping it's mareva injunctions coming up as a full question. Quia Timet maybe as a note question?

Oooh you beat me to it!

SeanPaul69 wrote: »
    Thought eu was fair enough in terms of topics, some of the qs asked though were a bit challenging to answer properly...did transparency come and pr come up in that q?? I thought it was only direct effect, supremacy nd equivalence and effectivenesss

Yea I did transparency but I mentioned direct effect supremacy and equivalence and effectiveness too... It was a bit of a mess to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

EU was ****e for me. :( I didn't do nearly enough prep on problem questions,and the essay qs didn't go my way.I can see myself repeating at least 2 of the 3 I've sat so far.I hope to Christ constitution goes ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 backformore

In recent years the Irish Courts have begun to adopt a less restrictive approach to the requirement that a plaintiff seeking a mareva injunction must show that there is a real risk that the defendant will dispose of his or her assets for the purpose of preventing the plaintiff recovering damages. This approach will help plaintiffs striving to recover large debts from debtors, making mareva injunctions a very real and powerful tool in debt recovery litigation.

Discuss the above, supporting your answer with reference to relevant case law.

I'm really hoping it's mareva injunctions coming up as a full question. Quia Timet maybe as a note question?

Thanks a million for that, really appreciate the help.

Examiner seems to have liking for the exciting mareva injunction!! Would be no harm doing quia timet if you have the time also. I'm going to cover Anton Pillar also. It hasn't come up in a very long time. Really hate Equity!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rocksch2

Yea I did transparency but I mentioned direct effect supremacy and equivalence and effectiveness too... It was a bit of a mess to be honest!

Was transparency def part of it? I put it in along with Direct Effect and Supramacy but doubting if it definitely asked that. Need 4 good questions cause my fifth was a farce

Cheeks22 wrote: »
    Any chance you could give me a quick note on the significance of Collins V Gharion decision for Mareva Injunctions?

Thanks a mil :)

http://www.staredecisishibernia.com/2013/07/23/refusal-of-mareva-type-injunction-to-solicitors-over-assets-of-unlimited-company/

I just had a quick look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Paper was pretty much what I expected except for PR and also thought other cases would feature casenote question. Had gud first 3 questions but ran outa time did last 2 questions in last half hr and because they wer so rushed nothing ws comig to me so very poor attempt marks only im afraid! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Glinda! wrote: »
    Paper was pretty much what I expected except for PR and also thought other cases would feature casenote question. Had gud first 3 questions but ran outa time did last 2 questions in last half hr and because they wer so rushed nothing ws comig to me so very poor attempt marks only im afraid! :(

When you mean poor do you mean not very long and not on point? Or do you mean on point but not much case law and about 2 pages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Managed 5 questions in EU despite having a brain freeze in the middle of the direct effect one. Was trying to read over equity but my head is all fuzzy. Think a nap is in order and then I'll do a bit. I'll have to get up really early tomorrow to do a bit more too and get it into my head. Thank Christ this is my last one!

When you mean poor do you mean not very long and not on point? Or do you mean on point but not much case law and about 2 pages...

Sorry, the second last question i did was Q6 literraly any point that came to mind i wrote dwn cudnt remember case law wrote page for each part. Last Q was Q2 essay had no clue at all jus started listing criminal articles n Title V bout a page tops!

Sorry, the second last question i did was Q6 literraly any point that came to mind i wrote dwn cudnt remember case law wrote page for each part. Last Q was Q2 essay had no clue at all jus started listing criminal articles n Title V bout a page tops!

I see what you mean... You should get some marks for it though... I wonder if three good questions and two vague ones is sufficient in most cases to get over the line...

I see what you mean... You should get some marks for it though... I wonder if three good questions and two vague ones is sufficient in most cases to get over the line...

Il soon find out :)

PR where??

rocksch2 wrote: »
    Was transparency def part of it? I put it in along with Direct Effect and Supramacy but doubting if it definitely asked that. Need 4 good questions cause my fifth was a farce

No I don't think it was but I threw it in anyway because I had the regulation and relevant case law...literally just a bit of a reference...

PR where??

I thought PR would be asked and it wasnt

I thought PR would be asked and it wasnt

Phew...... I thought I had read it wrong. By the way I think he's an ok marker. I stayed only the 45 mins in march and wrote less than a page on 2 questions and got 30% which defies the odds of reason!

How long for te results by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 sally01

How long for te results by the way?

Its usually about 6 weeks from the end of the exams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement