Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

What did everyone think of Constitutional?I was quite happy with it.Delighted constitutional interpretation came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Milkypops wrote: »
    Question 8 was re osaba I think?

Waz dat?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Re Andrews/Re Osaba (resulting trusts where surplus of funds) and the other half presumption of advancement. I forgot that completely so went and had a cry in the toilet for about half an hour afterwards. Feel better now.

Hopefully the exams went well for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

What did everyone think of Constitutional?I was quite happy with it.Delighted constitutional interpretation came up!

I was too... got four good questions and a dodgy fifth on number 8. Missed Article 38.1 though! But can't complain for all the time I spent dreading that exam it really was not that bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Ownleme wrote: »
    Waz dat?

Automatic resulting trust due to to failure to exhaust the benefit the same question came up before in one of the past papers so the fact Hugh was dead it went on resulting trust but Hugh got to keep the money cos the education requirement was the mere motive behind the gift and thus could still benefit sorry I'm wrecked so dunno does that make sense haha

• Advertisement

Automatic resulting trust due to to failure to exhaust the benefit the same question came up before in one of the past papers so the fact Hugh was dead it went on resulting trust but Hugh got to keep the money cos the education requirement was the mere motive behind the gift and thus could still benefit sorry I'm wrecked so dunno does that make sense haha

Yeah it's good thanks. Just had never heard of the re Osaba case and couldn't find it in my notes. Seems like its just a case setting out that principle tho so I'm sure it's fine if I just wrote that but didn't mention the exact case

Ownleme wrote: »
    Yeah it's good thanks. Just had never heard of the re Osaba case and couldn't find it in my notes. Seems like its just a case setting out that principle tho so I'm sure it's fine if I just wrote that but didn't mention the exact case

Ya I say so I only knew it cos they asked the exact question with advancement aswell in like 09 or 10! Don't know what to do with myself now there over but I'm sure glad they are haha

Ya I say so I only knew it cos they asked the exact question with advancement aswell in like 09 or 10! Don't know what to do with myself now there over but I'm sure glad they are haha

Mm. I saw that alright just the osaba case wasnt in my sample answer to it i dont think. Im screwed for that paper of you need case names. probably gave about2 in the whole paper. The amount of word for word copies of questions is unreal on that paper. Not complaining tho! Sounds like you need a sleep anyway! You shud crash ucd drinks in Capitol at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Catriona Murray

Hi, I am looking to buy any recient FE1 manuals from anyone who has finished with them now that the exams are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dpp v mcgee

I have the 2013 Constitutional Law seminar by Eoin Carolan (the FE1 examiner) which lists the 10 most important cases for the last year, can email it on if any one would be willing to send me 2012 or 2013 sample answers for any subject or any examiners reports upto 2013.

I have some 2012 materials if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Could people tell me exactly what came up in Constitutional today please and thank you..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Thank god that's over. Longest two weeks of my life. Looking forward to relaxing and then having to start planning out my study next week about March and get a good headstart. When are the results set to be released, I assume November sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

sophya wrote: »
    Thank god that's over. Longest two weeks of my life. Looking forward to relaxing and then having to start planning out my study next week about March and get a good headstart. When are the results set to be released, I assume November sometime?

It's usually always 6 Fridays after the last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

It just dawned on me that there was no Case Question on yesterdays Constitutional paper?!?

Or else Im gone delusional from lack of sleep...

What about EC's 20 important cases!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Anyone know the best EU prep course to do out of Independent/GCD/ City?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Catriona Murray

I would say Independent or City
    Eveline14 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best EU prep course to do out of Independent/GCD/ City?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi all,

Has anyone got a 2012/2013 tort/constitutional/eu/company manual that they would like to sell?

Thanks

I know people are sick of hearing about constitutional law,but I figure this case could be an interesting one for next year.I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the top 10 cases of 2013.It touches on separation of powers and the legislature interfering with the judiciary.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/supreme-court-rejects-gilligan-appeal-1.1560170

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Petesworld

Hi all,

Has anyone got a 2012/2013 tort/constitutional/eu/company manual that they would like to sell?

Thanks

I have EU and Company- I sat tort and constitution last time so can't sell them just yet-PM me and we can organise it- thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I am planning on sitting my first four exams in March, I haven't decided on which four yet.

I am limited with time/leave in March...would I be crazy to do four exams, four days in a row? I know it sounds a bit crazy...I know how difficult they are...any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I am planning on sitting my first four exams in March, I haven't decided on which four yet.

I am limited with time/leave in March...would I be crazy to do four exams, four days in a row? I know it sounds a bit crazy...I know how difficult they are...any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

You'll be grand. It's October, start studying now and you'll fly through four on the trot.

Anyway, does anyone know when the March/April exams are or when the dates shall be announced?

Thanks. I am starting Griffith in Nov so hopefully I'll be ok.

I emailed the Law Society to find out when the timetable will be available.

Looking at past papers I think they might start March 11th....

They should have a provisional timetable up on the Law Society website.They say its subject to change,but it usually stays the same.

They should have a provisional timetable up on the Law Society website.They say its subject to change,but it usually stays the same.

The timetable online is March and October 2013 - are the sittings usually in the same order every year??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Hi There,

Sorry if something similar has been posted already. I have decided to take 4 of the exams in March, contract equity property and criminal. I finished my degree in 2006 and a masters in 2008 so it's been years since I studied the subjects and have been working ever since. What I want to know it possible to pass these exams without doing a prep course, I have all the updated notes from Griffith and Independent.

Is anyone in a similar position? I don't know where to start, I feel the masters made me too wordy and contemplative and this is not required for fe1s and I can't seem to get out of the habit.

Any advice appreciated

Bayley1 wrote: »
    The timetable online is March and October 2013 - are the sittings usually in the same order every year??

No,not usually.My apologies,I assumed the new timetable would be up by now.They send out a timetable with the results,so it shouldn't be longer than 6 weeks until the new timetable is up.

You'll be grand. It's October, start studying now and you'll fly through four on the trot.

Anyway, does anyone know when the March/April exams are or when the dates shall be announced?

I just got a reply from the Law Society, the March exam timetable will be available next week :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Does anyone know when the results of this session are out? As in the October 2013 sitting.

Doea anyone know when the results of this session are out? As in the October 2013 sitting.

usually 6 weeks after the last exams so my guess would be around 22nd november??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fe12014

I am hoping to sit constitutional next March. I have heard a lot about Eoin Carolan's seminar and that it is a must. Has anyone got any information about this please? Where it is usually held, how to apply for a place, etc? Thanks!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement