Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 trucker

Sorry to ask another question when the previous one is still open, but can someone tell me where exactly the FE1s are held? Is it the RDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

trucker wrote: »
    Sorry to ask another question when the previous one is still open, but can someone tell me where exactly the FE1s are held? Is it the RDS?

They're held in the Red Cow Moran Hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 first doyle

Has anyone up to date Land Law Lecture notes? I have 2013 Company Law lecture notes to trade with in word format. I am also willing to accept up to date Constitutional or EU law lecture notes.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Has anyone up to date Land Law Lecture notes? I have 2013 Company Law lecture notes to trade with in word format. I am also willing to accept up to date Constitutional or EU law lecture notes.

Thanks

Hey, I have land law notes I used for the October sitting....will swap for your company! Pming you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sazgeo

And it begins.. last weekend before the revision classes start (doing 4 new ones this time).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

The 2014 timetable is up. There is now a free Wednesday in all four exam weeks.

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/hbs/FE1%20dates.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 starrycircle

Does anyone have any recommendations for or experience of a Company law fe-1 prep course? Looking at Griffith with Genevieve Coonan and City with Mark Cockerill. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mostdelish

Hi, I have a full set of up to date Equity notes made for the Oct sitting from the Griffith manual, class notes from UCD and the Delaney book. I have the same for Constitutional although I left out a few topics. Would anyone like to swap them for a set of company or EU notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

Hi yes I would like to swap, can you PM me

mostdelish wrote: »
    Hi, I have a full set of up to date Equity notes made for the Oct sitting from the Griffith manual, class notes from UCD and the Delaney book. I have the same for Constitutional although I left out a few topics. Would anyone like to swap them for a set of company or EU notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

I had Mark for Company and Contract for the October sittings and thought he was excellent. The only thing is he missed about 1/5 of the lectures and his replacement wasnt great but he seemed to only cover mostly the non examinable topics when he filled in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 newtolaw2013

Any advice on where to go for EU?

I've heard Brian Foley is excellent for constitutional, but a friend who used his book at City for EU said it was awful.

On the other hand I've seen a few of the lectures for EU at Independent and the lecturer seems very good.

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

I've heard Brian Foley is excellent for constitutional, but a friend who used his book at City for EU said it was awful.

On the other hand I've seen a few of the lectures for EU at Independent and the lecturer seems very good.

Any thoughts?

I think City seems to be excellent. But to be honest i was very dissatisfied with the new manual for equity. If it were my choice in doing a course id say go with City - but if your just buying the manual steer clear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 first doyle

Does anyone have a 2013 EU manual?
    Milkypops wrote: »
    usually 6 weeks after the last exams so my guess would be around 22nd november??

So for those who finish all 8 in October, do they start in Balckhall Place a different time from those who finish the exams in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Does anyone have a 2013 EU manual?

So for those who finish all 8 in October, do they start in Balckhall Place a different time from those who finish the exams in March?

First doyle we agreed to share notes and after I sent mine you never sent yours!
    Can you please send them on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

I have full sets of up to date notes for property, contract, criminal and equity.

All were composed using a mixture of college lecture notes, manuals and books.

Would anyone like to swap for up to date notes in constitutional, EU, company and/or tort?

Send me a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Hi there everyone! I have 2013 manuals from independent for EU, Contract, Equity and Property. Looking to trade these for 2013 manuals for Criminal, Company, Constitutional and Tort. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sinbadthesailor

Hi I still have Company Law Manual 2013 from Griffith College if anyone needs it send me on a pm. Also have Past exam papers and sample answers

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Snip - we don't do rate your lecturer or solicitor on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa_b91

@sinbadthesailor I'd be interested in the Griffith Company 2013 manual if you still have it? How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan2011

Any thoughts?

The Independent manuals are the best ones to get, not sure about how good the lectures are however

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Result in about a week...dreading it as I know one is a definite fail, stupid pass 3 rule! Best of luck to every one!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Does anyone have up to date grids for property, tort, eu and equity please. Can swop for company, crim, constitutional and contract grid dated till March this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Does anyone have up to date grids for property, tort, eu and equity please. Can swop for company, crim, constitutional and contract grid dated till March this year.

I think I have property and equity somewhere, I'll have to have a look. I think they were missing the last two sittings when I used them for Oct but they were marked in by hand if that's any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

I think I have property and equity somewhere, I'll have to have a look. I think they were missing the last two sittings when I used them for Oct but they were marked in by hand if that's any good to you?

That would be great cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Ive got 4 exams remaining and hoping to take the "handiest" out of company, criminal, equity and property in march,

what would everyone recommend?

Or should i do both equity and property together and the final 2 in october if i pass?

Also looking for notes, manuals etc in those subjects at reasonable price.

Pm me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hokey poke

would you consider doing all four? I'd say you have the hardest ones out of the way!;)

Oh god know, i physically couldnt put myself through that again! 2 maximum to be honest!

Could someone link me the thread for advertising the manuals etc, cant find it at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Oh god know, i physically couldnt put myself through that again! 2 maximum to be honest!

Could someone link me the thread for advertising the manuals etc, cant find it at all?

Right at the top of this forum is a post called Frequently Used Threads.

• Advertisement

Not on my phone there isn't. If you could link it please do, if not, fair enough. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement