Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Belle_391

Does anyone know if results are out on friday? I thought we would get an email about it last week. Really don't want to wait another week just want to be put out of my misery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Not on my phone there isn't. If you could link it please do, if not, fair enough. Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87117530

You are better off searching adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

As regards the results, are we emailed them or is it given through an account on the Law Society website.
    I can't set up my account so if anyone could help and let me know how to set up my account, it would be greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

C2012 wrote: »
    As regards the results, are we emailed them or is it given through an account on the Law Society website.
    I can't set up my account so if anyone could help and let me know how to set up my account, it would be greatly appreciated:)

Well going by past trends they should be out this coming Friday - usually six Fridays after the last exam is when they are out.

Also an email is usually sent out telling you what to do etc.

You log on with your correspondence number (I think), and make a password etc. and you can go to results.

It will all be explained in the email, which I'm surprised we haven't got yet by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

The website says they're coming out this Friday provisionally at least.

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Public-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS/Irish-Applicants-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/

• Advertisement

The website says they're coming out this Friday provisionally at least.

http://www.lawsociety.ie/Pages/Public-Becoming-a-Solicitor-CMS/Irish-Applicants-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/

Thanks, the fear! Does anyone know if the FE-1s expire within 5 years of finishing them or 5 years from when you start? I passed my first 3 in march 2012.

Belle_391 wrote: »
    Thanks, the fear! Does anyone know if the FE-1s expire within 5 years of finishing them or 5 years from when you start? I passed my first 3 in march 2012.

5 years from when you finish your last one. The time starts running from the 31st of December of whatever year you finish your last one, so if you did your final 5 this sitting and pass them then you have 5 years from the 31st December 2013 to get a traineeship and go into Blackhall. But it can be extended by a year by the Law Society if you have good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

chops018 wrote: »
    5 years from when you finish your last one. The time starts running from the 31st of December of whatever year you finish your last one, so if you did your final 5 this sitting and pass them then you have 5 years from the 31st December 2013 to get a traineeship and go into Blackhall. But it can be extended by a year by the Law Society if you have good reason.

This is what I have from the Law Society website:

"3. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts a candidate may make to pass the Examination, provided that a candidate shall not be declared to have passed the Examination unless that candidate is deemed to have passed (i.e. obtained at least 50% in) the examinations in all eight subjects comprising the Examination within a period of not more than five years from the 31st of December of the year in which that candidate is deemed to have passed no fewer than three examinations in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5.

4. A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time must sit examinations in at least four of the eight subjects. The candidate may choose any four of the eight subjects.

5. A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time who is sitting four or more examinations must achieve a pass mark in at least three of the examinations in order to be deemed to have passed those examinations."

From my reading that would mean that in the case above you would have 5 years from December 2012…

Is that what ye get or am I missing something?

This is what I have from the Law Society website:

"3. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts a candidate may make to pass the Examination, provided that a candidate shall not be declared to have passed the Examination unless that candidate is deemed to have passed (i.e. obtained at least 50% in) the examinations in all eight subjects comprising the Examination within a period of not more than five years from the 31st of December of the year in which that candidate is deemed to have passed no fewer than three examinations in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5.

4. A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time must sit examinations in at least four of the eight subjects. The candidate may choose any four of the eight subjects.

5. A candidate sitting the Examination for the first time who is sitting four or more examinations must achieve a pass mark in at least three of the examinations in order to be deemed to have passed those examinations."

From my reading that would mean that in the case above you would have 5 years from December 2012…

Is that what ye get or am I missing something?

That just means that if you did your first 4 say October gone and you pass 3, you have 5 years to pass the rest of them. So if you let that 5 years go then the 3 you had passed will be null and you'll have to do them all again. You have 5 years once you finish you last exam to get a TC as far as I know. I may double check it.

Can anyone else clarify this?

I asked this 6 months ago, and this was the reply I got from someone who has all 8 and they said it in her letter that she has 5 years from her final set of exams to get a TC, here's the post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84726747&postcount=214

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

My understanding is that If you have passed all the FE-1s in 2013, you must apply for consent to enter into indentures of apprenticeship within five years of 31 December 2013.

• Advertisement

My understanding is that If you have passed all the FE-1s in 2013, you must apply for consent to enter into indentures of apprenticeship within five years of 31 December 2013.

That's what I thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

Sorry to bring up the topic of results, but have people set up accounts on the Law Society webpage to view their results, or to anyone who has obtained results in the past, could you shed some light on how to obtain the results and if an account is to be set up, how does one do so…..Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

They must have heard us complaining!Email about results has just come through now.Hope all goes well for everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

They must have heard us complaining!Email about results has just come through now.Hope all goes well for everybody!

Would you mind copying and pasting email here? I didn't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

It's the same as the email above,just with a different date.

Would you mind copying and pasting email here? I didn't get one

If you didn't get one then I would email the FE1 help section: fe1section -at- lawsociety.ie
    with your details and let them know you didn't receive one.

Moderator: Please never post live mail links. Robots. Robots everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

If you didn't get one then I would email the FE1 help section: <Snip>
    with your details and let them know you didn't receive one.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

When I read that email all my anxiety came back. I really hope that I got at least three this sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

sophya wrote: »
    When I read that email all my anxiety came back. I really hope that I got at least three this sitting.

Same here, everything I wrote came popping into my head!! I hope for three too. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ms.Cat

Only sat three, so I better pass them all!! Hopefully that property paper was not marked too harshly! Good luck everyone! :)

• Advertisement

Ms.Cat wrote: »
    Only sat three, so I better pass them all!! Hopefully that property paper was not marked too harshly! Good luck everyone! :)

Not to get you freaked out, as I'm not 100% on this, but, if it was your first four don't you have to physically go into all 4? Even if one was a ghost 4th you still have to go in and sit it and write down your exam number etc and stay the requisite time. Or else they can fail you on all them regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ms.Cat

Not to get you freaked out, as I'm not 100% on this, but, if it was your first four don't you have to physically go into all 4? Even if one was a ghost 4th you still have to go in and sit it and write down your exam number etc and stay the requisite time. Or else they can fail you on all them regardless?

You're right, but yes I ghost sat a fourth!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dietcokeg

Just checked now - results come out at 9:30am but I didn't get any emails from the law society at all? good luck everyone! nervous to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JamesLaw

if you didnt get an email you should most def get in contact with the Law Soc today!

Best of Luck to all !!

Here's to 8 outta 8

Crippled with fear :( oh god the thoughts of failing both my exams and crying the weekend away!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Don't think I'll be doing much sleeping tonight!!! Might get a bottle of Jack to keep me company ... Hahhah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

Might?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Are they supposed to arrive by post tomorrow as well as being online tomorrow or do they mean that they are sending them by post tomorrow? Half hoping the letter arrives in the morning before work, the thoughts of checking them in work...ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JamesLaw

Hi Inmyownworld,

you'll get them online tomorrow and they'll post them tomorrow so you'll get the hard copy on Monday.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

is anyone elses results showing up on the page unaligned and in a way that makes it impossible to tell the result for each exam? i also only have 3 results on the pages, with four subject headings- and i took four exams?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement