Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Mine havent shown up at all yet. Talk about suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

Results are back. Mine are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bubbles12345

Results are up..I sat 5, first sitting - passed one and got 48 and 47 in three others...is it worth having them rechecked? So upset :'( Literally word vomited all over the page for EU and got 47, put in so much work for criminal and got 37...

Results are up..I sat 5, first sitting - passed one and got 48 and 47 in three others...is it worth having them rechecked? So upset :'( Literally word vomited all over the page for EU and got 47, put in so much work for criminal and got 37...

Depends on if you have the cash or not. To be honest, there's two things going against you here. Firstly, it is my understanding that those close to a pass (47-49) are externed already as a matter of course. Secondly, you'd need to get two pulled up to be it of any use to you.

But if you've plenty of cash, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

those results are not right - i didnt not get 22 in comp.. absolute horse ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    lads for god sake sort it out this is not fair

I have to fully agree with you. I thought Company was an ok paper, and I got 5 good questions in, at least I thought I did. Then I get 37%, I don't know how that's possible, it does make you think it's all a money making racket when you see mad results like this. I'd might get a recheck for the craic.

This was my final two aswell which makes it worse (at least it was supposed to be).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 hopefullegal

My result was unchanged. Won't feel secure until I have the paper in my hand on Monday.

chops018 wrote: »
    I have to fully agree with you. I thought Company was an ok paper, and I got 5 good questions in, at least I thought I did. Then I get 37%, I don't know how that's possible, it does make you think it's all a money making racket when you see mad results like this. I'd might get a recheck for the craic.

This was my final two aswell which makes it worse (at least it was supposed to be).

This is bizzare. I only answered 3 questions in company and made a pathetic attempt at 2 and passed. I'd love to see how the papers are marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 padz51

I have been a lurker for a long long time....this board quite frankly has scared me at times lol....but now I have finally passed my last fe1...all 8 in the bag and i am just relieved. good luck to everyone. congratulations to all those who have passed, and to those who have not got the results they desired, just keep going....even when it all seems lost, just push through..you WILL get there eventually.

im gonna go knocking on doors in dublin! 100%
    This is bizzare. I only answered 3 questions in company and made a pathetic attempt at 2 and passed. I'd love to see how the papers are marked.

The thing that annoys me is that I passed Tort, and I made a complete balls of one of my answers. I was sure I failed it. Came out of Company and I was sure I had passed it. Then I find out I pass Tort and fail Company.

The thing is, I wouldn't have minded at all if I'd have failed Tort. Madness!

Better be my final one this April or I'll go nuts, it's been a long year and a bit at these as it is.

The thing that annoys me is that I passed Tort, and I made a complete balls of one of my answers. I was sure I failed it. Came out of Company and I was sure I had passed it. Then I find out I pass Tort and fail Company.

The thing is, I wouldn't have minded at all if I'd have failed Tort. Madness!

Better be my final one this April or I'll go nuts, it's been a long year and a bit at these as it is.

The nervous shock damages one? Made a hames of that myself and luckily managed to pass.

It's a bit bizzare in the sense that I thought I absolutely nailed the paper in Constitutional and I end up with 55. Then doing 3 questions in Company and end up passing. How is there only a 3-4% difference between the two?!

Not that I really care, all I want is 50 obviously, but the system seems a bit all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Ye i'm also questioning the results. I nailed the tort paper, including the damages question and ended up failing. My criminal paper was an embarrassment and i passed.

The nervous shock damages one? Made a hames of that myself and luckily managed to pass.

It's a bit bizzare in the sense that I thought I absolutely nailed the paper in Constitutional and I end up with 55. Then doing 3 questions in Company and end up passing. How is there only a 3-4% difference between the two?!

Not that I really care, all I want is 50 obviously, but the system seems a bit all over the place.

Not it was the special damages one, and I answered about something else, so after I was like that's a 0 straight away.

Was so confident about Company.. I had 5 good answers in my opinion, not much legal commentary from journals, but I wasn't looking for high 60's.

Anyway fair play on passing, I'm gutted because I thought it was my final two and I'm back for one now.

Plus the marking seems bizarre for most people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hokey poke

This system is depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cooper1234

Anyone know when approximately recheck results and examiners reports will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Got my first 4 thank god

Criminal - 57
    Property - 60
    Company - 66
    Constitutional - 78

Would love to know how they mark it, thought I did horrendous in criminal and actually felt ill all day yesterday dreading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Not it was the special damages one, and I answered about something else, so after I was like that's a 0 straight away.

Was so confident about Company.. I had 5 good answers in my opinion, not much legal commentary from journals, but I wasn't looking for high 60's.

Anyway fair play on passing, I'm gutted because I thought it was my final two and I'm back for one now.

Plus the marking seems bizarre for most people here.

Thats a balls Chops...was really rooting for you to pass!!

I got equity company and tort so the dreaded eu and constitutional left!!

It is a serious money racket like!!

Got my first 4 thank god

Criminal - 57
    Property - 60
    Company - 66
    Constitutional - 78

Would love to know how they mark it, thought I did horrendous in criminal and actually felt ill all day yesterday dreading it!

they are crazy good results!!

any chance i could get your constitutional notes hahah you seem like a genius :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Company Law - 53
    Contract Law - 56
    Equity - 43
    European Union Law - 59
    Property - 52

Passed them all but Equity and so delighted!

I was most worried about that and Company but I'd rather resit Equity tbh and cover more of the trusts section. Anyone think its worth appealing a 43?

sophya wrote: »
    Company Law - 53
    Contract Law - 56
    Equity - 43
    European Union Law - 59
    Property - 52

I was most worried about that and Company but I'd rather resit Equity tbh and cover more of the trusts section. Anyone think its worth appealing a 43?

i wouldnt waste the moola unless you have cash burning in your pocket......maybe 45 upwards but coming up 7 marks is kinda doubtful!

congrats on the other 4 tho!! :)

Company Law - 53
    Contract Law - 56
    Equity - 43
    European Union Law - 59
    Property - 52

I appealed a 43 in March and they brought it up to 50. So I'd say go for it.

• Advertisement

Got my first 4 thank god

Criminal - 57
    Property - 60
    Company - 66
    Constitutional - 78

I'd love to see your Constitutional answers!

What's the time limit for appealing? I'm gonna be away next week so won't even see the letter until next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

I appealed a 43 in March and they brought it up to 50. So I'd say go for it.

What subject was that in? Got 46 in property and am debating whether to get it re-checked.

May92 wrote: »
    What subject was that in? Got 46 in property and am debating whether to get it re-checked.

Contract. My understanding of it is that 43-47 is actually the key range for rechecks as anything lower is hard to come up, but anything higher is automatically checked by the extern as a matter of course. That's anecdotal anyway, but it makes sense. Whole system is so opaque!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Milkypops wrote: »
    they are crazy good results!!

any chance i could get your constitutional notes hahah you seem like a genius :)
    I'd love to see your Constitutional answers!

Ha far from genius! I didn't use any notes, literally just memorised the constitutional manual from city colleges and went to their refresher course! Brendan Foley is my new God! Was doubting him for awhile but clearly the man knows exactly what he's talking about!

Ha far from genius! I didn't use any notes, literally just memorised the constitutional manual from city colleges and went to their refresher course! Brendan Foley is my new God! Was doubting him for awhile but clearly the man knows exactly what he's talking about!

You can't be too far of the best result in the country, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

To anyone looking to get a recheck, my advice is that if you're really shocked at your result and can't understand how you didn't do better, basically within the 38-47 mark, and have the money, go for it. Its scary how often examiners leave out a question or add up marks wrong.

easy peasy wrote: »
    To anyone looking to get a recheck, my advice is that if you're really shocked at your result and can't understand how you didn't do better, basically within the 38-47 mark, and have the money, go for it. Its scary how often examiners leave out a question or add up marks wrong.

What the time limit for getting the appeal in?

easy peasy wrote: »

Hmm ya i'm not actually shocked with the 46 I got in property, I didn't do a good paper but I'm leaning towards getting the re-check anyway purely because it's the difference between getting my first 3 and not...

• Advertisement

What the time limit for getting the appeal in?

Friday, 6th December

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement