Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 filosoraptor

sophya wrote: »
    Company Law - 53
    Contract Law - 56
    Equity - 43
    European Union Law - 59
    Property - 52

Passed them all but Equity and so delighted!

I was most worried about that and Company but I'd rather resit Equity tbh and cover more of the trusts section. Anyone think its worth appealing a 43?

I got a 43 rechecked in Contract on my first sitting and got bumped up to a 50 to get the magic 3! Never got an explanation as to why though. It can happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sinbadthesailor

Sooo close...

Contract 50
    Company 51
    Tort 52
    EU 55

Confused though...was hopeful about 3 but thought EU went badly- far worse than the others... odd marking system methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rickety cricket

I finally finished all 8 (longer than it should have taken me), got tort and company this time. Thought I had strolled through Tort as I had sat it more times than i should have and knew it back to front but only scraped a 50 - examiner clearly hated something about my exams as it was my Everest and simply could not get it! Got 58 in company whereas I thought I'd at best scrape the 50/51 mark. The marking system is strange and unfortunately we never know how its broken down.
    This morning had me in some state though waiting for the website to get back up and running!

Congrats to all who have either finished all 8 or just got the results they wanted or are at least happy with. To the others, keep at it, personal experience shows that it happens eventually.

Thanks for the comments on the board over last 2 yrs. hope to see some of you in blackhall 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

So second time round I didn't pass one exam. Disappointed to say the least seeing as I felt I did a lot better then the March exams. 40 in both Contract and Tort (which I passed last time) and 35 in Criminal (Again!)

Are these three worth rechecking??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sonka872

Got my first 4 thank god

Criminal - 57
    Property - 60
    Company - 66
    Constitutional - 78

Would love to know how they mark it, thought I did horrendous in criminal and actually felt ill all day yesterday dreading it!

wow thats brilliant ! what did u use for studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

sonka872 wrote: »
    wow thats brilliant ! what did u use for studying?

Independent manuals in criminal, company and property, and the city manual for constitutional! Just learned them off and hoped for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Posting for a friend, his second time at four and he earned two 48s, a 47 and a 45. He's wondering if a recheck would be a total waste of cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bubbles12345

I'm sure this is a really really stupid question but what is an exam grid? Is it just a list of what's come up in past papers? Also, I see ppl selling sample answers - where can you get these? I bought the past papers and reports from the law soc last time but I didn't use grids or sample answers - I thought they were the same thing, feel incredible stupid now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone know how long a recheck takes? The deadline is dec 6th so am I looking at hearing in Jan or before? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long a recheck takes? The deadline is dec 6th so am I looking at hearing in Jan or before? Thanks.

Yeah I reckon it will be mid January I'd say.

I got a re check for the last set and it came out mid June, the original results came out the end of April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭LegallyAbroad

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Posting for a friend, his second time at four and he earned two 48s, a 47 and a 45. He's wondering if a recheck would be a total waste of cash?

I'd imagine so. What odds do you think there is of three of the four being successfully appealed!?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShamblesB

Woohoo have all 8 at last, good luck to everyone with exams left! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 newtolaw2013

Didn't pass criminal this time - does anyone have any grids/slides/handouts from the independent course; signed up for the course but they've removed the content from online.

Can trade for independent notes, handouts, etc. for Contract / Tort.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 newtolaw2013

Got a 43 in one of the exams, but didn't really have a fifth question so not suprised - suppose there's no point rechecking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Didn't pass criminal this time - does anyone have any grids/slides/handouts from the independent course; signed up for the course but they've removed the content from online.

Do they not let you do the course again for free if you fail the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

PMing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bubbles12345

Does anyone on here have grids they could send me? Or sample answers? Thanks guys -seriously need help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Fe1exams

Does anyone on here have grids they could send me? Or sample answers? Thanks guys -seriously need help :(

I have grids and answers for all subjects bar contract. I can send these on to you if its of any help. I do need contract answers though if you can help with them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Fe1exams wrote: »
    I have grids and answers for all subjects bar contract. I can send these on to you if its of any help. I do need contract answers though if you can help with them please.

Hey I have prep course sample exam answers for Contract 2005 -March 2011, they are from 2011,2012. I can send them on in exchange for grids if you'd like? I seriously need grids to cut out stuff only starting now and will be starting full time work so need to maximise time.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

anyone have sample answers/grid/notes for eu and constitutional??

willing to swap....have material for equity, company, tort!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Milkypops wrote: »
    anyone have sample answers/grid/notes for eu and constitutional??

willing to swap....have material for equity, company, tort!!

Milkypops I have sample answers from 2005-march 2011 done in 2011/12 if you want to swap for equity/contract? they do not reflect any post 2011 change. let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Fe1exams wrote: »

Hi there, would you mind sending me the grids for tort, equity, property please? I might be able to help with contract answers as I know someone who is sitting contract in the next sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Hi there, would you mind sending me the grids for tort, equity, property please? I might be able to help with contract answers as I know someone who is sitting contract in the next sitting.

I'm doin contract in Griffith at the moment so should be able to get the grids/answers....

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I'm doin contract in Griffith at the moment so should be able to get the grids/answers....

You can get the grids for tort, equity and property?

Hi does anyone have grids for equity, property and tort and eu. I can swop for crim, contract and company grids and manuals which are up to date till October this year. Plus the last sittings exam papers in constitution, contract and crim and company and contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

Hi does anyone have grids for equity, property and tort and eu. I can swop for crim, contract and company grids and manuals which are up to date till October this year. Plus the last sittings exam papers in constitution, contract and crim and company and contract.

I do have recent grids for all of them, and happy to help you out if i can, see my post above.

There are some protected files floating around which are of little use. I got one today from Bayley above unfortunately as i needed some contract answers.

I do have recent grids for all of them, and happy to help you out if i can, see my post above.

There are some protected files floating around which are of little use. I got one today from Bayley above unfortunately as i needed some contract answers.

Hi Morris, I don't have answers for contract unfortunately. But thanks for the offer. I hope you get sorted soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Looking for sample answers for Contract, Criminal, Tort and Equity. Also does anyone know if these someway or somewhere to get questions corrected by someone focused on FE1 exams?

What seems to be the best manuals at the moment? City/Indo/GCD??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 May92

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how necessary it is to get Courtney's book when studying for Company. Is it a must because he's the examiner, or would the manual be enough?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

May92 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering how necessary it is to get Courtney's book when studying for Company. Is it a must because he's the examiner, or would the manual be enough?
    It is a good idea to read chapters from the book when you are covering a topic to cement your knowledge of the topic but it is not an absolute necessity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement