Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

May92 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering how necessary it is to get Courtney's book when studying for Company. Is it a must because he's the examiner, or would the manual be enough?

I wouldn't buy it. If you have access to a library it's good to use as a reference where the manual isn't clear on a certain case and you would like a better understanding of it, but I certainly wouldn't read chapters of it as the above poster suggested. There is so much extra information in his book that is totally unnecessary for the purpose of these exams. Feel free to read away, but personally I would find it hard to skim through something so in-depth and take away only what I need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Not necessary at all. Everything you need to know is in the manual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Hey, Would anybody have grids/ exam papers/ solutions for Equity, Property, Criminal and Contract from 2011-2013 that they could send me? I have all the previous years that i could give in return if no one has them, just finding it hard without the last 2 years. Also how much study is everyone putting in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

The walk from the Red Cow Luas stop to the Red Cow Moran hotel has always scared me. Also i have been very wary on the red Luas line from Connolly station to the Red Cow stop.

I think the Law Society should hold exams in Cork again for our safety. Their offices have been sitting there idle for years and are still being paid for.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/commuters-shock-at-seeing-man-inject-himself-in-groin-on-luas-29830337.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

It's not that bad. I've honestly seen as much or more drunk/threatening behaviour in Cork bus station and on the Cork-Kerry Bus Éireann route. It's certainly no worse than O'Connell St./Westmoreland Street are during the daylight hours. And you're probably more likely to be targeted by a professional pick-pocket on the Green line in any event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

The walk from the Red Cow Luas stop to the Red Cow Moran hotel has always scared me. Also i have been very wary on the red Luas line from Connolly station to the Red Cow stop.

I think the Law Society should hold exams in Cork again for our safety. Their offices have been sitting there idle for years and are still being paid for.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/commuters-shock-at-seeing-man-inject-himself-in-groin-on-luas-29830337.html

Are you for real?

Dublin isn't the Bronx.

It's just as dangerous as any other city or bad part of town, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

May92 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering how necessary it is to get Courtney's book when studying for Company. Is it a must because he's the examiner, or would the manual be enough?

I think it plays a role if you take his opinions from it, and remember TBC didn't write every chapter. For instance, he says that S150 -S160 restriction/disqualification was meant to be a reprimand and more serious sanction, but in practise that's not how it has worked out - re Clawhammer. That's his opinion - if you can weave that into an otherwise technically sound and factually correct answer and reference it to Courtney's book, it has to be a mark-grabbing strategy. Study your manuals and get the cases and concepts into your head, then read the chapter in TBC and get some additional highlights from it. It's a well-written book, and the intros to each chapter usually give you the wider public policy picture on each issue and the background to the evolution of the law. It's one of the top reference books in Ireland for company law, so it is probably overkill for the FE1s in the level of detail it traverses on each point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Does anybody know when the October examiner reports are released?

Hey, Would anybody have grids/ exam papers/ solutions for Equity, Property, Criminal and Contract from 2011-2013 that they could send me? I have all the previous years that i could give in return if no one has them for the above subjects, just finding it hard without the last 2 years, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Hey, has anyone got recent exam reports from 2012 on they could send and also any recent notes for Constitutional?
    I've 2013 grids, sample answers, topic guides and lots of other material for all 8 subjects!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EthanSS

Hi, Could any kind soul help me out? I'm looking for the Contract Mar '13 & Oct '13 exam papers. Also, looking for an up-to-date contract grid. major kudos to anyone who can get them to me. Thanks.

Legalgrad wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone got recent exam reports from 2012 on they could send and also any recent notes for Constitutional?
    I've 2013 grids, sample answers, topic guides and lots of other material for all 8 subjects!

Hey, im looking for property/ contract/ equity and criminal grids, sample answers and exam questions, willing to pay as im in bad need of 2012 and 2013, have all the other years. Thanks a mill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bubbles12345

Hey has anyone got exam grids they can send me and sample answers? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

So I'm slowly getting back into the rhythm of studying. Only read over one topic today though cause family swung by. I have Constitutional, Equity, Tort and Criminal and am using manuals from 2011.

Just wondering if there have been any major updates in the law for the four I'm doing? Mainly for Tort, Criminal and Constitutional because Equity is a fairly static subject.

For Constitutional I know that Damache v DPP was a major shift re: inviolability of the dwelling but is there any other areas or cases that I should write out notes about i.e. abortion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

sophya wrote: »
    So I'm slowly getting back into the rhythm of studying. Only read over one topic today though cause family swung by. I have Constitutional, Equity, Tort and Criminal and am using manuals from 2011.

Just wondering if there have been any major updates in the law for the four I'm doing? Mainly for Tort, Criminal and Constitutional because Equity is a fairly static subject.

For Constitutional I know that Damache v DPP was a major shift re: inviolability of the dwelling but is there any other areas or cases that I should write out notes about i.e. abortion?

In fairness, there would be updates in all of the above.. Maybe not loads, as they rarely update the manuals that much, but 2011 is a bit dated if you ask me.

Constitutional get your hands on last years top 10 cases by EC, and go to his conference/lecture, should be being mentioned on UCD soon, where you will get the top ten cases from last year. It's excellent and essential for his exam. There are other talkers on Constitutional issues at this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LostOutForeign

chops018 wrote: »
    Constitutional get your hands on last years top 10 cases by EC, and go to his conference/lecture, should be being mentioned on UCD soon, where you will get the top ten cases from last year. It's excellent and essential for his exam. There are other talkers on Constitutional issues at this also.

I'm taking constitutional in April also - where could I get a hold of this, does anyone here have it? Wouldn't mind paying a reasonable amount of money for it, or could send notes/sample answers in exchange :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi does anyone have up to date grids for company, constitutional, eu or tort?

Willing to swap pdf exam papers for them.

PM Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

hi has anyone uptodate grids for eu and constitutional please?

Hi does anybody have up to date exam grids/sample exam answers/ papers for 2012 and 2013 for Property, criminal, equity and contract. I have material for years 06 to 2011 on pdf for those subjects above that i could swap or willing to pay for up to date material, in serious need, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Hi, does anybody have recent manuals etc for company, eu, property, criminal and/or equity for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

saor19 wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody have recent manuals etc for company, eu, property, criminal and/or equity for sale?

PMing now

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Anyone have exam grids for Company, EU, Constitutional or Tort?? Or any sample answers? I have exam grids for Equity, Contract and Criminal, they're not the most up-to-date ones but are useful. Also have some sample answers for both Contract and Equity.

Also have exam papers and examiner reports up just before Oct, just have to make an electronic copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Hey guys,

Anyone have a syllabus for Constitutional Law or able to give an outline of areas needed to pass? Textbook recommendations?

Thanks

Hey guys,

Anyone have a syllabus for Constitutional Law or able to give an outline of areas needed to pass? Textbook recommendations?

Thanks

I've been trying to find the syllabus too, I'm almost certain I juat downloaded it drom the website last sitting?

Hey guys,

Thanks

Syllabus will be on the Law Society website in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Sample answers and grids needed for Tort, Contract, Criminal and Equity. Thanks a mil!

Can someone please be so kind and tell me what came up in property in the last sitting please.

Can someone please be so kind and tell me what came up in property in the last sitting please.

It was different to the past few sittings, it had:

1. Mortgages
    2. Freehold Covenants under the LCLRA
    3. Family Property
    4. Recording Property Transactions under the PRA
    5. Easements
    6. Admissibility of extrinsic evidence in Wills (Succession)
    7. Validity of a Will (Succession)
    8. Contractual Licences regarded as an interest

Was not a nice paper!

It was different to the past few sittings, it had:

1. Mortgages
    2. Freehold Covenants under the LCLRA
    3. Family Property
    4. Recording Property Transactions under the PRA
    5. Easements
    6. Admissibility of extrinsic evidence in Wills (Succession)
    7. Validity of a Will (Succession)
    8. Contractual Licences regarded as an interest

Was not a nice paper!

Thanks. Not a nice paper because it was not as predictable as the previous ones? You don't happen to have a grid do you please? I would be absolutely grateful.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Not a nice paper because it was not as predictable as the previous ones? You don't happen to have a grid do you please? I would be absolutely grateful.

Yeah, I had kind of set on what usually came up so was a bit thrown!

I have a property grid up to march '12 if it's any good? Would you have any for Constitutional, EU, Company or Tort?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement