Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sorry for bothering people but could anyone tell me what came up on the contract paper in october? just an idea of the areas

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Hi, does anyone have past papers and solutions for property, tort, eu and equity? I have manuals for those and are willing to swop. Any help greatly appreciated.

Quick question. Can someone tell me whether the City College manuals are any good? They are about half the size of the Griffith manuals and thus I would like to know which one is better to use? Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Recheck results from the last sitting are out this Fri morn. Online from 9.30am. Just got an email from law soc. How they took this long I don't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bubbles12345

Does anyone have any recent sample answers (2009-2013) for Tort / Contract / Criminal / Property / Equity / Constitutional they would be willing to swap for up to date sample answers for EU and Company? PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Recheck results from the last sitting are out this Fri morn. Online from 9.30am. Just got an email from law soc. How they took this long I don't know!

Are the Law Society not allowed to have a Christmas too?

It will be 6 or 7 Fridays (not including the one's over the Christmas period) since the results for the original set were out, which is normal enough with regard them releasing results.. it's always around 6 weeks after.

chops018 wrote: »
    Are the Law Society not allowed to have a Christmas too?

It will be 6 or 7 Fridays (not including the one's over the Christmas period) since the results for the original set were out, which is normal enough with regard them releasing results.. it's always around 6 weeks after.

Did I say they shouldn't have a Christmas? What an ott statement. It takes them 6 wks to correct all of them and assuming not everyone gets all of their exams rechecked it shouldn't take 6 wks for the rechecks. Anyway good luck to everyone waiting on them.

Did I say they shouldn't have a Christmas? What an ott statement. It takes them 6 wks to correct all of them and assuming not everyone gets all of their exams rechecked it shouldn't take 6 wks for the rechecks. Anyway good luck to everyone waiting on them.

No, but you complained about how long they are taking to correct them. So it isn't an odd statement at all than you very much. You asked "how they took this long I don't know" and I simply gave you my opinion on the usual time frame for normal results and repeat results due to my experience of having done these exams over nearly the last year and a half.

One would be foolish to think they would have them ready and out before the Christmas period.

It is not as simple as correcting the transcripts and sending them back. There are internal and external examiners. I'm sure there is a certain code to be adhered to and lots of channels they have to go through. Especially if bringing a person from a fail to a pass.

I actually think the process for rechecks would be more lengthy and convoluted than the original process.

Good luck to you too. I only have one left so if I am brought up then that's me done. However I don't think I will be brought up that much, even though I was convinced I had it passed when I came out of the exam, the marking seems so strange to me.... Anyway, back to study on Monday if I don't.

Good luck all.

chops018 wrote: »
    No, but you complained about how long they are taking to correct them. So it isn't an odd statement at all than you very much.

One would be foolish to think they would have them ready and out before the Christmas period.

It is not as simple as correcting the transcripts and sending them back. There are internal and external examiners. I'm sure there is a certain code to be adhered to and lots of channels they have to go through. Especially if bringing a person from a fail to a pass.

I actually think the process for rechecks would be more lengthy and convoluted than the original process.

Good luck to you too. I only have one left so if I am brought up then that's me done. However I don't think I will be brought up that much, even though I was convinced I had it passed when I came out of the exam, the marking seems so strange to me.... Anyway, back to study on Monday if I don't.

Good luck all.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this! I hope you get the mark up. You always hear of the few who do but I'm purposely keeping hopes down. Good luck.

We will have to agree to disagree on this! I hope you get the mark up. You always hear of the few who do but I'm purposely keeping hopes down. Good luck.

Fair enough.

I think I'm too far away from the 50, but you never know!

Good luck to you also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Anyone have sample answers for company?? Can swap for any of the rest of the subjects??? PM me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Catriona Murray

CRM1 wrote: »
    Anyone have sample answers for company?? Can swap for any of the rest of the subjects??? PM me please.

Hi I have Company upto and Including March 2013 if you would like to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Catriona Murray

I have upto date Griffith answers upto and including March 2013 for EU, Company and Property, I am looking to swap for any of the following,

Tort - March 2013
    Constitutional October 2012, March 2013
    Contract - October 2012, March 2013
    Equity - March 2012, October 2012, March 2013
    Criminal - March 2012, October 2012, March 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Hey, Could anyone tell me what cases came up in the case notes q for EU in October 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

Case 22/70 Commission v. Council ("ERTA")
    Case C-91/92 Faccini Dori
    Case T-342/99 Airtours v. Commission
    Case C-224/01 Kobler
    Case T-342/07 Ryanair Holdings v. Commission
    Case C-12/11 McDonagh v. Ryanair
    Case C-364/10 Hungary v. Slovak Republic
    Case C-34/09 Pringle v. Govt. of Ireland, Ireland and the A.G.

I have up to date manuals for property, tort and equity. Willing to swop for exam papers and solutions if they are up to date. Ie include 2013 papers and solutions. Anyone interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TinyAdvocate

Hi! I have the following if anyone is interested in swapping? PM me with what you have and I will consider:

Tort:

Sample Answers: Oct 2005 - March 2011

EU:

Sample Answers: April 2009 - March 2013
    Exam Grid: 2005 -2012

Criminal:

Sample Answers: October 2005 - October 2011
    Past Papers and Examiners Report: April 2003 - March 2012
    Exam Grid: 2009 - 2013

Constitutional:

Sample Answers: October 2005 - March 2012
    Past Papers and Examiners Report: April 1999 - March 2011
    Exam Grid: 2009 - 2011

Company:

Sample Answers: April 2007 - March 2013
    Exam Grid: 2005 - 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

PMing now

Hi! I have the following if anyone is interested in swapping? PM me with what you have and I will consider:

Tort:

Sample Answers: Oct 2005 - March 2011

EU:

Sample Answers: April 2009 - March 2013
    Exam Grid: 2005 -2012

Criminal:

Sample Answers: October 2005 - October 2011
    Past Papers and Examiners Report: April 2003 - March 2012
    Exam Grid: 2009 - 2013

Constitutional:

Sample Answers: October 2005 - March 2012
    Past Papers and Examiners Report: April 1999 - March 2011
    Exam Grid: 2009 - 2011

Company:

Sample Answers: April 2007 - March 2013
    Exam Grid: 2005 - 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Looking for equity exam grid 2013 and sample answers for 2012 & 2013, can swap. I have contract, equity, property and criminal exam grids/answers/papers up to 2011 only. All on pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Have people noticed that the provisional time table has been taken down off the Law Society website....
    I presume they wouldn't/couldn't start the exams any earlier now??
    I had my time budgeted for April now!!
    Going to ring them tomorrow and see if they can tell me anything...
    Could be something to do with recheck results being out tomorrow maybe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Yea I noticed that too! I hope they don't bring them forward. i was banking on the extra time and to start properly next week!:eek:

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Have people noticed that the provisional time table has been taken down off the Law Society website....
    I presume they wouldn't/couldn't start the exams any earlier now??
    I had my time budgeted for April now!!
    Going to ring them tomorrow and see if they can tell me anything...
    Could be something to do with recheck results being out tomorrow maybe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

I have upto date Griffith answers upto and including March 2013 for EU, Company and Property, I am looking to swap for any of the following,

Tort - March 2013
    Constitutional October 2012, March 2013
    Contract - October 2012, March 2013
    Equity - March 2012, October 2012, March 2013
    Criminal - March 2012, October 2012, March 2013

Moderator: edited.

Has anyone got their recheck results yet? Been refreshing since 9.30am and still not up ...

Up now ... did anyone get any good news?

It was my first time doing them, failed 3 and passed 1. For the sake of it I had the 3 rechecked as I was so disappointed as I'm sure the majority of you have experienced before with these awful exams. Could not believe it this morning. Two of them came up to exactly 50 - giving me my magic three. Still failed the other one but that'a minor in the grand scheme of things. I just wanted to let people know that if you really feel you did enough to pass, sometimes it is worth getting them rechecked.

Celebrations this weekend then back to the grindstone Monday.

I hope some of you get good news today and if you didn't just take it on the nose and keep on truckin. We'll all get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Up now ... did anyone get any good news?

It was my first time doing them, failed 3 and passed 1. For the sake of it I had the 3 rechecked as I was so disappointed as I'm sure the majority of you have experienced before with these awful exams. Could not believe it this morning. Two of them came up to exactly 50 - giving me my magic three. Still failed the other one but that'a minor in the grand scheme of things. I just wanted to let people know that if you really feel you did enough to pass, sometimes it is worth getting them rechecked.

Celebrations this weekend then back to the grindstone Monday.

I hope some of you get good news today and if you didn't just take it on the nose and keep on truckin. We'll all get there in the end.

Omg well done. Annoying you had to tell all your aunties at Christmas you didn't pass but sure you have them now so that's what matters. No joy for me so still have 5 in April

Thanks - do you know me or is that just a general statement about the aunties? Because yes I did have to tell them haha! :)

I'm sorry you got no joy ... I'll be seeing you in April for 5 too. I have lots of material eg sample answers grids etc for most subjects if you would like me to send it to you if it would be of any use. I didn't have it last time and I think it will really help for next time. Although I know it's probably not of much consolation at the minute :(

It was a long shot for me and I didn't get brought up. The only reason I even bothered with a re-check was because it was my last one.

Back to it Monday now..

It's weird.... I passed my first 4 on the trot with only 2-3 months study time, yet, with just over two months study for one I feel overwhelming pressure and a dreadful feeling that I won't have enough time to study the whole syllabus to pass. Yet I did it for 4 subjects in one sitting before in a similar time-frame.

Has anyone else who might have had only 1 left (even 2) felt like this before?

There's always one stupid exam that gets you...... I just can't figure Company Law, came out of the exam thinking I had 5 good answers. I flew through Constitutional and EU in one sitting, which are always considered the biggest and hardest. Amazing exams in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

Hi Chops, I couldn't read your post and not reply. I've been following(but not posting sorry!) on this thread for about 2 years now. I got my first 4 straight away with only 2 months study like u. Then I got eu and constitutional with not much more study but I've repeated contract(my last one) 3 times now and just got bad news on my recheck results for it this morn again! How can I get all the others first time and not this one at all..obviously u have the same problem with company..very frustrating. Have u got an apprenticeship yet? I don't but hoping to get one before September!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

I know this probably isnt a good time for most but does anyone have uptodate grids for eu and constitutional....could really do with someones help and up to date solutions if you have any....i can swap material for company(and companies act) equity, tort etc!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Aislingo55

Hi everyone! Rang Law Soc. Exams brought forward from 19th - 28th March!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement