Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Kildaregal wrote: »
    Hi Chops, I couldn't read your post and not reply. I've been following(but not posting sorry!) on this thread for about 2 years now. I got my first 4 straight away with only 2 months study like u. Then I got eu and constitutional with not much more study but I've repeated contract(my last one) 3 times now and just got bad news on my recheck results for it this morn again! How can I get all the others first time and not this one at all..obviously u have the same problem with company..very frustrating. Have u got an apprenticeship yet? I don't but hoping to get one before September!

It's horrible.

That was the first time I sat Company in fairness and I did not like studying in, even though I felt I did 5 good answers, obviously it wasn't enough, or didn't show a good grasp of the topics.

I just don't want to have to do it again and lose a year.

I don't, but I'm doing an internship at the moment with a very good chance of an apprenticeship. Hence a roller-coaster of emotions this morning with regard getting back to juggling study with full time work, even if it be only for one subject.

Hopefully you fly it this time and get an apprenticeship.

Aislingo55 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Rang Law Soc. Exams brought forward from 19th - 28th March!

That is shocking.. I would have started 2 weeks ago had I have know that!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Email from the Law Society there.. exams being brought forward and starting 19th March! waaaah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TinyAdvocate

Hi chops I have company sample answers from March 2009 up to March 2013 if you want them - would they help?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Aislingo55 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Rang Law Soc. Exams brought forward from 19th - 28th March!

i actually feel sick!!

• Advertisement

Hi chops I have company sample answers from March 2009 up to March 2013 if you want them - would they help?

Thanks for the offer, but I have up to then myself, and to be honest, up to my eyeballs in material now.... 2012 manual, 3 different sets of typed notes, answers 2005-2013, and other random stuff too.

I've material for all other subjects if you need, some subjects are a bit dated and from 2011 as I have been doing these since the middle of 2012.

Email from the Law Society there.. exams being brought forward and starting 19th March! waaaah :(

I know you did get an email and another person rang them, but, are you 100% sure?

Because from looking at past sittings they never seem to have started them on a Wednesday, it has always been on a Tuesday.

Here's the email.

Dear Applicant,

Due to circumstances beyond our control I am afraid that it has been necessary to change the dates of the Spring 2014 sitting of the FE1. The FE1 will now be held between 9.30am and 12.30pm on the dates below.

Tort Wednesday 19 March 2014
    Company Thursday 20 March 2014
    Property Friday 21 March 2014
    Constitutional Monday 24 March 2014
    Criminal Law Tuesday 25 March 2014
    EU Wednesday 26 March 2014
    Equity Thursday 27 March 2014
    Contract Friday 28 March 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this unavoidable change to the timetable.

Kind regards

FE1 Section

Has to be true because the initial deadline to register was 28 Feb and in my recheck email it says the deadline is 7 Feb ... oh dear God vomit.....!!!!!!!!

No problem don't want to flood you with info! I'm not sure what I have to be honest I need to collect everything together and see what I'm missing - I might get back to you when I do that on Monday if I'm missing anything if that's ok?

• Advertisement

No problem don't want to flood you with info! I'm not sure what I have to be honest I need to collect everything together and see what I'm missing - I might get back to you when I do that on Monday if I'm missing anything if that's ok?

That's no problem, whenever you're ready drop me a PM!

I'm disgusted with this, knocks nearly 2 weeks study off.

And now the exams are again straight after another instead of having a break between them.....this is absolutely appalling!!

Yeah now I have 3 in a row.. fantastic! Not

I know!! Oh my God! That's such short notice literally gives us 3 weeks to register. I had a day in between each exam before too now I have 3 in a row...

Feel awful for people who booked the hotel etc as well...

Sickening as if things weren't bad enough!!

Perhaps it will be in your favour though if you work better under pressure! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous that today, the end of the Third week in January they tell us that they have brought the exams FORWARD by 2 weeks!?!
    People had budgeted they're time for the exams and per subject etc at this stage!
    If the dates they had provisionally set didn't suit, at this late stage, I think it would have been fairer to move the exams out rather than cut our study time by 2 weeks!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Thanks - do you know me or is that just a general statement about the aunties? Because yes I did have to tell them haha! :)

I'm sorry you got no joy ... I'll be seeing you in April for 5 too. I have lots of material eg sample answers grids etc for most subjects if you would like me to send it to you if it would be of any use. I didn't have it last time and I think it will really help for next time. Although I know it's probably not of much consolation at the minute :(

No I don't know you just took a wild guess that your Christmas might've been like mine I.e filling in random relatives on what I've been doing with my life!

I think sample answers are the way to go too. I don't have ones for any of the recent sittings actually so that could be really helpful. Thanks

Not too upset about equity. It was my ghost subject anyway I just felt the exam had gone well but obviously not well enough! At least I've the back broken on the work for the 19th! Hope it's not going to become that one subject I just can't pass!

Oh hahaha mine was the same - vaguely informing everyone that I was "still studying ..." then changing the subject! :P

No problem I have a good bit - if you want to PM me with what you need I can send them on

Can't believe we just lost 2 weeks study time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Is there anything that could be done to get the Law Society to have a rethink about this or is it final does anyone know?? Even a day break between two exams would be welcome, this is shocking organisation on their part.

CRM1 wrote: »
    Is there anything that could be done to get the Law Society to have a rethink about this or is it final does anyone know?? Even a day break between two exams would be welcome, this is shocking organisation on their part.

I highly doubt it. Let's just hope the marking is a little easier because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

I can't believe that. I now have the 2 wks after my exam off not before!

• Advertisement

Just rang them guys because I had to book into a hotel - they told me the dates are definitely set in stone and wont be changing... waah :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Just rang them guys because I had to book into a hotel - they told me the dates are definitely set in stone and wont be changing... waah :'(

I think we should all give them a ring and express our concern, this is unprecedented as far as I know and they might consider reviewing it especially if people have booked hotels and or time off work. Can't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seanmul88

I phoned them and they said to put concerns or comments in an email and it would be passed on so I'm going to do this. Doubt calls alone will make much of a difference but definitely agree that if enough students complain in writing they would have to look at it again.

just told my boss there and started bawling in front of him.....wow talk about cringe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

I'm going to email them also, this is ridiculous, I had the month off before to properly get through the information and now this has been cut to two weeks for four subjects!

Would highly encourage everyone to email to express their concerns, it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

So glad I checked this thread. Two weeks prep gone! Throws my study timeline and plans down the toilet. And I'm now panicking trying to figure how to save up €400 in two weeks rather than six.

Glad that I started reading over stuff in December but from next week, I need to start properly studying and cramming it into my head.

Also what college does everyone recommend for constitutional? Think I'm gonna do a one day revision course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lisa_b91

This is awful! I feel sick to my stomach! :(

It still says on the Law Society website that the dates are to be confirmed? Is this 100%?? I'm gonna cryyyyy!

Look in the application form...the date is on it . I rang this morning and they confirmed that the new dates are definitely set in stone and wont be changing ... still a glimmer of hope I wonder?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

2 weeks less study time?? Is this some sort of sick joke? Planning my email to the Law Soc as I type this. This is appalling, my whole study timetable has been thrown off!!

• Advertisement

The Head of the FE1 department explained that if they moved them back instead of forward then that would have coincided with easter and other religious holidays....ffs like!

and also the break between the exams so they wouldnt be on straight after each other wasnt met with 100% approval and that candidates from the country for example didnt think it appropriate cos of the travelling up and down....im from the country and id be seriously glad of another day between my exams!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement