Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TinyAdvocate

Now THAT is good news! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Hallelujah for that! Now I have more time to get the money together. Don't think that they would mark one sitting harder than another tbh. Way I see it, I get another 2-3 weeks to know the syllabus inside out. Plus the April sittings give me days between each exam which is less stressful.

Watch out the registration deadline for both sittings is the same so all money is still due on the 7th regardless of which sitting you're doing! :)

Watch out the registration deadline for both sittings is the same so all money is still due on the 7th regardless of which sitting you're doing! :)

The April application form says March 7th though.

Oh sorry you're right my mistake I was just so excited about the dates I didn't read it properly and thought it was 7 Feb for both!

^^^

And an excellent solicitor I shall make ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

This is brilliant news! I'm attempting my first four and will definitely be goin for the April sitting! Great news for anyone with 4/5 left and can split the sittings.

Good Luck everyone

PS there's an article on Journal.ie again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

So let me get this straight. I have 4 exams left. Can I split them ie. can I sit
    2 in March and 2 in April?

As far as I know yes - that's what I intend to do - how cool is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Yeah I think so based on what others have said! I'm delighted for ye but jealous at the same time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

That is awesome I'll give myself a week in between them so, boom! Safe to say the grids might be unhelpful though and I also doubt that this will happen in the future. Count ourselves lucky to certain extent!

• Advertisement

Definitely! That turned out to be for the best...! Worth the few days of panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Does anybody know from the Law Society if we can apply to sit the same subject in both March and April?
    So if you think you did bad in March could you sit the same one again in April?

It sounds too good to be true but i haven't seen it said any place that you actually can't do this...

Now my indecisive nature is kicking in because of the choice!

Think I'll wait til the 6th of February and see how I feel about my progress in cramming all the information in my head. Then I'll decide if I should split taking my last four between the two sittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

"Please check our website closer to the date of your examination to confirm the dates, times and venues."??? that would surely be in regards to the second sitting.

Well done petitioners always good to stand up for your rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Does anybody know from the Law Society if we can apply to sit the same subject in both March and April?
    So if you think you did bad in March could you sit the same one again in April?

It sounds too good to be true but i haven't seen it said any place that you actually can't do this...

That's exactly what I was going to ask as I've only one left. Two cracks at it would be good. But what would happen if you failed one exam and passed it in the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Muddles177

So from what I get from the above from someone sitting them for the first time it's definitely not possible to sit four in march and sit the other four in april??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

I sent off my application yesterday and booked the sooner dates off work because the Law Socs emailed me re the 'Final' dates- will I be able to change! Did anyone else get a response from Law Socs regarding this My boss will kill me messing them around like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Midlecat wrote: »
    I sent off my application yesterday and booked the sooner dates off work because the Law Socs emailed me re the 'Final' dates- will I be able to change! Did anyone else get a response from Law Socs regarding this My boss will kill me messing them around like this.
    Ya Im in a similar boat. Sent the Law soc an email this evening. Waiting to hear back. They will have to allow a change surely!

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Ya Im in a similar boat. Sent the Law soc an email this evening. Waiting to hear back. They will have to allow a change surely!

I really hope so, I sent it off too soon. I have their email saying the final date was the earlier one so hopefully they will see I acted on their email :( Just hope my boss will give it to me off. What a mess. Delighted for everyone though. I will post if they get back to me.

I only have one exam left.

Would you guys do it in the March or April set?

Seems to be the consensus that the April set will allow for plenty of extra study, but then be marked very hard.

• Advertisement

Chops if you only have one left and you can get the head down I would do it in the earlier setting and get it out of the way....there's still loads of time to do it. Ill have to get 4 started and studied for March if Law Socs don't let me switch back

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

chops018 wrote: »

Seems to be the consensus that the April set will allow for plenty of extra study, but then be marked very hard.

Maybe you can apply to sit in both yet Chops.... this still hasn't been ruled out........ :confused:

Chops if you only have one left and you can get the head down I would do it in the earlier setting and get it out of the way....there's still loads of time to do it. Ill have to get 4 started and studied for March if Law Socs don't let me switch back

Hmm, I dunno, I'm working two jobs atm and realistically will only get a week or so off before. So most of my study time is a couple of evenings a week and one full day at the weekend.

This is a repeat subject so I know a lot of the info already, but an extra nearly 3 weeks study time could be too good to pass up.
    dinemo6 wrote: »
    Maybe you can apply to sit in both yet Chops.... this still hasn't been ruled out........ :confused:

If it meant you could pass the one in March, and fail the one in April and still get through then I'd gladly pay them the €210. Be horrible to pass it in March, fail in April and they tell you to F off and do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

chops018 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, and I'm inclined to get it out of the way in the earlier sitting. I feel there's still plenty of time to cover everything, no point in dragging it out unless you absolutely need the extra few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Hi all fellow fe1-ers
    Great news that the petition obviously worked - but I am just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me. Time booked off work (which was a struggle itself) and now unable to change it in order to do the April sitting. Doing my first 4 exams so will have to sit them in March but just feeling at a disadvantage with not having the extra 3 weeks to study. How in the name of God did the Law Society manage to get this so wrong! Have they not bee organising the same exams every year for the past century!!!

Now im worried. is it possible to get four covered for the earlier sitting? My boss gave me March off today to get stuck in am I better to just do it even if Law Socs lets me take later setting...? Im torn :( I wont get April off because there's people heading off to Blackhall and they cant let us all off...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Now im worried. is it possible to get four covered for the earlier sitting? My boss gave me March off today to get stuck in am I better to just do it even if Law Socs lets me take later setting...? Im torn :( I wont get April off because there's people heading off to Blackhall and they cant let us all off...

I feel your pain! Before today I was thinking I might be ok, but now I feel really stressed and think the three weeks could make all the difference!

MissM89 wrote: »
    I feel your pain! Before today I was thinking I might be ok, but now I feel really stressed and think the three weeks could make all the difference!

That's what I was thinking. 3 weeks is a serious amount of time.

It is! MissM89 do you have much done to date? Maybe if we're not allowed switch the pressure may even help us and then focus on three? What four are you doing? Could you speak to your boss and show them the mix up?

• Advertisement

Do people really think that they would mark the April sitting harder than March? I know it's three weeks extra study but can't see the examiners actually being told to do that, especially given the backlash the Law Society got for moving the dates in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement