Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Ownleme wrote: »
    Oh right didnt think of successive squatters. Yeah got confused about the lease bit n thought there was something about burden of Janet's use running with the land. But other facts were very like AP cases so it was probably just that. Yeah wasnt confident enough on the right cases to use so I didn't do it in the end. I'd agree with getting the Act. Actually a lot in it. Helped with intestacy q too. I dropped it in at 9am this morning n had it on my desk by 10.15 I'd say

I hope not, bet it was covenants and ill be the person she refers to when she says 'some students mistook this for adverse possession' ha ha. I didnt even think of the act for intestacy. Anyways one down and im off to bed to sleep before starting Equity,then Criminal for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Midlecat wrote: »
    I hope not, bet it was covenants and ill be the person she refers to when she says 'some students mistook this for adverse possession' ha ha. I didnt even think of the act for intestacy. Anyways one down and im off to bed to sleep before starting Equity,then Criminal for the weekend

If I got a personal reference in the reports I'd be happy even if I failed. Yeah make sure to get your sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Debbie wrote: »
    Fair play to you! What are you focusing on for property, contract & equity?

For property I'm doing - Succession, Co-Ownership, Family Property, Licences, Easements & Profits, Adverse Possession and maybe LL & Tenant & Mortgages. Might do finding / treasure trove too if I have time.

For contract I'm doing everything except Construction of Contracts, Consumer Protection, Illegal & Void Contracts, Discharge & Agency

Don't know about Equity yet!

Debbie I'm nearly sure I read somewhere that Consumer Protection and Privity were among the examiners research areas. Might be worth taking a peek at Consumer Protection just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Debbie

Thanks Eveline - she has asked an essay question on Consumer Protection / EU Harminisation, but I can't stand studying it, its so boring! She's asked it on 3 of her papers so far, so half of them. I think I'll take my chances leaving it out - thanks for the pointer though :)

Got Privity down! Have her LRC Report printed off had a good read of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I'm really dreading April, had a total lazy day and couldn't face reading over my notes again. Feel like nothing is going in and trying to attempt questions is awful because I cannot recall case names or legislation and end up with a page of scribbles about facts of cases with no case names or structure to the answer. Criminal and Constitutional in particular are killing me and I hate the amount of topics in Tort. Hopefully these last three weeks will just get enough into my head to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

sophya wrote: »
    I'm really dreading April, had a total lazy day and couldn't face reading over my notes again. Feel like nothing is going in and trying to attempt questions is awful because I cannot recall case names or legislation and end up with a page of scribbles about facts of cases with no case names or structure to the answer. Criminal and Constitutional in particular are killing me and I hate the amount of topics in Tort. Hopefully these last three weeks will just get enough into my head to pass.

I feel exactly the same. The guilt then when you don't study :-( I can recognise the topics and have an good enough outline etc but case names and legislation is killing me.

Three weeks is a lot of cramming time if we plan it well, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eartha Braveheart

Hey guys hope everyone's study is going well. Quick question re constitutional law. Could anyone explain how Quigley v Cork VEC is relevant with regard to presumptive invalidity in respect of A40.1 and equality provisions? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nervous student!

Hi everybody...

My head is absolutely wrecked at this stage, feel like I'm not taking in any information and the days are just flying by. Such a pain. Genuinely feel less prepared than I did 3 weeks ago.

Question for somebody smart - I'm studying for Criminal with Independent manuals from 2011, are these still up to date?? Like it mentions that the ''Law Reform Commission recommends the abolition of the mandatory punishment of life imprisonment...'' in relation to Homicide. But may be this is out of date?!!

Only thought about this last night and woke up in a panic. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Hi everybody...

My head is absolutely wrecked at this stage, feel like I'm not taking in any information and the days are just flying by. Such a pain. Genuinely feel less prepared than I did 3 weeks ago.

Question for somebody smart - I'm studying for Criminal with Independent manuals from 2011, are these still up to date?? Like it mentions that the ''Law Reform Commission recommends the abolition of the mandatory punishment of life imprisonment...'' in relation to Homicide. But may be this is out of date?!!

Only thought about this last night and woke up in a panic. Any ideas?

You are ok on that one ie remains that it was a recommendation but as of yet not implemented and you could point that out

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Any last minute tips or recent cases for constitutional? Feeling like there is too much there to cover at this stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Thanks Eveline - she has asked an essay question on Consumer Protection / EU Harminisation, but I can't stand studying it, its so boring! She's asked it on 3 of her papers so far, so half of them. I think I'll take my chances leaving it out - thanks for the pointer though :)

Got Privity down! Have her LRC Report printed off had a good read of it!

Ah no worries, you seem to be on top of things!It just jumped out at me so had to mention it. Best of luck.

Guys with quia timet interlocutory injunctions is the test just campus oil if prohibitive? i have two manuals and one says because of Szabo you dont apply campus oil and the other says because of szabo you do plus it must be supported by substantial risk of dange.

what is the definitive test in the context of quia timet?

Guys with quia timet interlocutory injunctions is the test just campus oil if prohibitive? i have two manuals and one says because of Szabo you dont apply campus oil and the other says because of szabo you do plus it must be supported by substantial risk of dange.

My manual says campus oil wasn't the test for quia timet in Szabo but it was applied to a quia timet application in National Irish Bank v RTE (1998) the same year!

My manual says campus oil wasn't the test for quia timet in Szabo but it was applied to a quia timet application in National Irish Bank v RTE (1998) the same year!

Although Szabo was followed in Ryanair v Aer Rianta in 2001!

Yea it was. I have a sample question from one college that says because in szabo Geoghan j didnt apply campus oil, they do not apply to QT but that NIB v RTE they did.

I then have independent NBNs from 2013 saying simply that Szabo said same test as for other interlocutory injuctions so Campus if it is prohibative and lingham if mandatory.

Finally, i have another course manual that says test is a proven substantial risk of danger and campus oil as Szabo quoted spry saying it was the same as any other II.

Im confused on this because the sample answers i have have proven untrustworthy in that going by exam reports they would have failed, the one i have on Interlocutory Quia Timet doesnt even mention Campus oil...

Although Szabo was followed in Ryanair v Aer Rianta in 2001!

Yea and in my manual that says szabo says substantial risk and campus it also says ryanair confirms test as same as II and so did Garraghy v Bond na gCon 2002.

I'd be concerned in the application in the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Hey everyone just double checking, for Tort and Criminal there's no legislation that we're allowed bring in right?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

chops018 wrote: »
    Good luck to those doing Equity tomorrow. EU was horrible today.

Any chance you could post topics for eu or send on please. Thanks so much in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hiya, for quia timet interlocutory injunctions, the test is campus oil, even though it's campus oil but it's fair to say the plaintiff still have to establish sufficient risk of injury.( therefore in reality the test is actually harder to prove than just the normal campus oil principles)

For perpetual quia timet, in the Perpetual Quia timet, the ' substantial risk ' applies and not Campus Oil.

I hope this makes sense ? :)

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Hiya, for quia timet interlocutory injunctions, the test is campus oil, even though it's campus oil but it's fair to say the plaintiff still have to establish sufficient risk of injury.( therefore in reality the test is actually harder to prove than just the normal campus oil principles)

For perpetual quia timet, in the Perpetual Quia timet, the ' substantial risk ' applies and not Campus Oil.

I hope this makes sense ? :)

thats what one of the manuals says and what i got from szabo the other manual flies in the face of that. thanks a mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jane132

Hi All

Just a quick question in relation to Contract - I know the questions can overlap quiet a lot, but has anyone done the exam without studying Offer and Acceptance? I just find the chapter so boring, and its so long. I know there is one (at least) guaranteed question on it every year, but if I covered enough other material would I be ok to leave it out?

Any suggestions from past experience would be greatly appreciate!
    Thanks
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Jane132 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just a quick question in relation to Contract - I know the questions can overlap quiet a lot, but has anyone done the exam without studying Offer and Acceptance? I just find the chapter so boring, and its so long. I know there is one (at least) guaranteed question on it every year, but if I covered enough other material would I be ok to leave it out?

Thanks
    J

So there's guaranteed to be at least one question on it and you're considering not doing it? I think you know where this is going...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jane132

ThirdMan wrote: »
    So there's guaranteed to be at least one question on it and you're considering not doing it? I think you know where this is going...

Yes yes, but there are still 6/7 other questions which I may be able to do! Ok I do know where this is going, but my god its boring....

Hi All

Thanks
    J

i think in the last sitting it was even two questions... that means you have to cover whole course to get 5 out of remaining six. I would definitely do it :-)

on another note for anyone doing criminal im starting into it now for tuesday, is it possible to get done? i have notes which are clearly in my handwriting but its like reading for first time..

Thanks, I know that is the logical way to do it, I guess I just needed someone to tell me to stop being lazy and just do it!!

I am doing criminal, but not until April. Like that I have notes done but its all about getting it into your head. I think criminal is very manageable, each question will only be one topic and there are a few that come up year on year. I have the grid if you are looking for it!

Thanks but i made a hand made grid so im ok for that. i find his exam reports scare me. i had him as a lecturer for masters and the reports seem way more demanding. at this stage now im not sure if ill get it done, definitely wont have any wordy quote. in saying that i dont think anyone could attain the report level youd get one question only.

sophya wrote: »
    Hey everyone just double checking, for Tort and Criminal there's no legislation that we're allowed bring in right?

No. no legislation for either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 unknown1990

Just confirming here, if I hand in my Constitution tomorrow that'll be ok won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Would anybody please have a solution there could send me on for April 2012 question 6 on resulting trusts? Would be a massive help! Thanks

Just confirming here, if I hand in my Constitution tomorrow that'll be ok won't it?

Yeah. Sure u can't hand it in any other time at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thanks, I know that is the logical way to do it, I guess I just needed someone to tell me to stop being lazy and just do it!!

I am doing criminal, but not until April. Like that I have notes done but its all about getting it into your head. I think criminal is very manageable, each question will only be one topic and there are a few that come up year on year. I have the grid if you are looking for it!

I haven't done Criminal since October 2012, but I don't remember each question just being on one topic. A problem question could have numerous amounts of offences or defences from different topics to be discussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement