Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 unknown1990

Milkypops wrote: »
    Can someone please please please list out the topics that came up in the 8 questions?? Did the ag and president come up as separate questions?

I don't have my paper on me but yes the president and the ag came up as separate essay questions. There was an essay on equality which was about the only nice question on the paper and then problems in question 2 and 5 were outlined above. There was a case note question which was art 26 and the 1996 employment equality act, Maguire v Ardagh, Mahon v Post Publication and Damache v Dpp. Can't remember the other 2 right now one of them was something to do with Article 29

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

I don't have my paper on me but yes the president and the ag came up as separate essay questions. There was an essay on equality which was about the only nice question on the paper and then problems in question 2 and 5 were outlined above. There was a case note question which was art 26 and the 1996 employment equality act, Maguire v Ardagh, Mahon v Post Publication and Damache v Dpp. Can't remember the other 2 right now one of them was something to do with Article 29

Thanks! Wow looks like a really **** paper...did trial in due course come up or any unremunerated rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Can someone please please please list out the topics that came up in the 8 questions?? Did the ag and president come up as separate questions?

Q1 - Crap
    Q2 - Presidential crap
    Q3 - Proportionately crap
    Q4 - Extremely crap
    Q5 - Seperation of the crap
    Q6 - Doctrine of crap
    Q7 - Crapper than crap
    Q8 - Conclusion to crap

Thanks! Wow looks like a really **** paper...did trial in due course come up or any unremunerated rights?

Nope no such luck! Not that I noticed anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 FE1201456

Tips for criminal anyone

• Advertisement

Nope no such luck! Not that I noticed anyway!

Oh my god that's an awful paper....I hope the April sitting won't be as bad! Hope they mark the march sitting easier seeing as it was such a tough paper

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

I haven't a clue what q8 was. Not a clue.

Nothing about Due Process, nothing about Right to Life etc.
    Yea q1 on equality was fine

I can't imagine that I passed that in any shape or form. So depressing!

Lolers11 wrote: »
    I haven't a clue what q8 was. Not a clue.

Nothing about Due Process, nothing about Right to Life etc.
    Yea q1 on equality was fine

I can't imagine that I passed that in any shape or form. So depressing!

Oh I hear ya, I'm hoping he marks a bit nicer considering how awful the paper was!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 omgnaire

Cant get over how awful that paper was!!! Sick!!

anyone willing at some stage to put up a copy of the constitutional paper for the rest of us??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Q1 - Crap
    Q2 - Presidential crap
    Q3 - Proportionately crap
    Q4 - Extremely crap
    Q5 - Seperation of the crap
    Q6 - Doctrine of crap
    Q7 - Crapper than crap
    Q8 - Conclusion to crap

In terms of q5 separation of crap is that separation between the legislature and the executive? Examiners gonna b confused at how I managed to answer the question without mentioning that!

Ownleme wrote: »
    In terms of q5 separation of crap is that separation between the legislature and the executive? Examiners gonna b confused at how I managed to answer the question without mentioning that!

If that's the question on the political party thing I used freedom of expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dobbo

Good Constitutional a killer today - Q8 just had me so muddled - didnt have any cases re the president really - i cut out AG from study so that was all pulled from the con with no cases - will have to chance it again in April i think. What are people covering for EU? Going to have to try a last minute job and learn off city colleges night before notes

If that's the question on the political party thing I used freedom of expression.

Oh yeah sorry I mean q2. Is that how separation of powers comes into it. Legislature made act and executive I.e minister for social protection was taking matters into his own hands n deciding stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

For q2 did anyone mention the right to a fair procedure, under the right to a good name, eg if she was to bring a complaint she had a right to reasons for decisions, as it was a far reaching consequence encroaching on her property rights(money) she had right to legal representation - basically the factors that Calley set out? I wrote about that and the no delegation doctrine under SOP.

For the question on the election, i wrote about freedom of expression for the political posters and redmond, kelly etc that restrictions on elections must be the least intrusive etc. And a bit on proportionality!!

Anyone along the same lines?

For q2 did anyone mention the right to a fair procedure, under the right to a good name, eg if she was to bring a complaint she had a right to reasons for decisions, as it was a far reaching consequence encroaching on her property rights(money) she had right to legal representation - basically the factors that Calley set out? I wrote about that and the no delegation doctrine under SOP.

For the question on the election, i wrote about freedom of expression for the political posters and redmond, kelly etc that restrictions on elections must be the least intrusive etc. And a bit on proportionality!!

Yeah I talked about Redmond n Kelly I think altho cudnt remember name of it. Didnt think of freedom of expression cuz took it as corporate advertising not advertising in general.

Talked about reasons for q2 but probably didnt know the property rights stuff well enough to bring it in. Cudnt figure out how as it wasnt her property yet. Maybe that doesn't matter. I tried to say it was a far reaching consequence cuz it affected her right to educate her children which is absolute rubbish!

Ownleme wrote: »
    Oh yeah sorry I mean q2. Is that how separation of powers comes into it. Legislature made act and executive I.e minister for social protection was taking matters into his own hands n deciding stuff?

That's the angle I took on it yes. I said he went beyond the principles and policy's within the act therefore he was legislating thus the breach. I used the Anco case and cook v Walsh to back it up.

For the question on election thing I did freedom of expression and mentioned proportionality i also said members states have a wide margin of appreciation to decide matters of religions and politics.

On question 2 I used Seperation of powers and stated the minister breached the power of the legislature. Also mentioned fair prosecutes re haughy but the part on fair procedures was only a paragraph. I was cheeky and said that she must ask for free primary education instead of paying for it!! Art 42

That's the angle I took on it yes. I said he went beyond the principles and policy's within the act therefore he was legislating thus the breach. I used the Anco case and cook v Walsh to back it up.

Right. Think I said the same just not explicitly. Like the margin of appreciation bit and clever way to bring in art 42. Just have to wait n c I guess. Nice that we can look at the online lectures to give us a better idea idea of whether or not we were in on track

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

1) Has everybody received their confirmation of registration from the Law Society yet? I sent the payment on the last Tuesday with next day delivery, which according to an Post tracking was delivered on the Wednesday. I know it says on the application form that it could take up to 3 weeks after the deadline to receive confirmation but I'm worried all the same.

[/QUOTE]

Hi I send mine out on the Wednesday that week , got nothing back yet.. so you are not the only one! *postal rule * we be ok :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

for anyone doing property in April. What topics are u covering? I'm just wondering if you think it's poss she'll shake it up again and put 8 completely different topics in next sitting. Trying to study mortgages and it's one of my "extra" topics and it's just not going in.
    Thanks.!

Legal125 wrote: »
    for anyone doing property in April. What topics are u covering? I'm just wondering if you think it's poss she'll shake it up again and put 8 completely different topics in next sitting. Trying to study mortgages and it's one of my "extra" topics and it's just not going in.
    Thanks.!

I am leaving Mortgages out, even if it's coming up I have decided I am not going to do it.. Very heavy and boring :/I am also leaving Landlord and tenant out... topic is too big and the return on the investment on time isn't great!Also leaving out the intro/history chapters.. Estate, covenants, and anything that's abolished by the 09 act.

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    I am leaving Mortgages out, even if it's coming up I have decided I am not going to do it.. Very heavy and boring :/I am also leaving Landlord and tenant out... topic is too big and the return on the investment on time isn't great!Also leaving out the intro/history chapters.. Estate, covenants, and anything that's abolished by the 09 act.

Yeah just the absolute fear of not having five Qs by leaving those out...?
    Think I will do landlord tenant and the use and finding. But leaving all the others you mentioned out and I'm not doing land registration...

Yeah just the absolute fear of not having five Qs by leaving those out...?
    Think I will do landlord tenant and the use and finding. But leaving all the others you mentioned out and I'm not doing land registration...

I think if we cover the

- Succession (2Q)
    - AP, Co-Owner, family property ( the usual banker Qs)

then extra 2 extra topics
    let's say - finding, easement ( popular topics and short to cover)

we be very unlucky not to have 5 from all those

if you still have time cover some topics not in great details,
    - maybe choose one from estoppel/land reg/mortgages/landlord

I don't think you can go that far from it , even in the unlikely event you are stuck with 4 question at least you would defo have 4 good questions and know something to write about in the 5th one

it's all about calculated risks...I am doing my first 5 in April, no time to cover everything in every subject lol

I think if we cover the

- Succession (2Q)
    - AP, Co-Owner, family property ( the usual banker Qs)

then extra 2 extra topics
    let's say - finding, easement ( popular topics and short to cover)

we be very unlucky not to have 5 from all those

if you still have time cover some topics not in great details,
    - maybe choose one from estoppel/land reg/mortgages/landlord

I don't think you can go that far from it , even in the unlikely event you are stuck with 4 question at least you would defo have 4 good questions and know something to write about in the 5th one

it's all about calculated risks...I am doing my first 5 in April, no time to cover everything in every subject lol

Do u mind me asking if you are leaving anything out in EU. Thanks! Or are u doing it? Also tackling my first set! Thanks

Do u mind me asking if you are leaving anything out in EU. Thanks! Or are u doing it? Also tackling my first set! Thanks

I am not doing EU I am afraid.
    I am doing Company,Contract,Criminal,Property and Equity this time. Still haven't start learning anything off by heart yet.Some of my notes were made out months ago..long forgotten..:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi thanks for the advice re constitutional earlier, onwards and upwards - he will hopefully mark a bit more favourably than usual!

With regards company, facing into it now for april - does anyone have a 'guide to company' by any of the revision colleges? A doc that highlights what areas to focus on? Or for EU?!

I have a similar doc for TORT if anyone needs, pm me.

I am doing Company,Contract,Criminal,Property and Equity this time. Still haven't start learning anything off by heart yet.Some of my notes were made out months ago..long forgotten..:'(

I know the feeling. Fingers crossed it all goes in for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Oh thank God I'm not the only one!Was really starting to worry and nothing going in as a result. I haven't started learning off yet, have my first four in April.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Eveline14 wrote: »
    Oh thank God I'm not the only one!Was really starting to worry and nothing going in as a result. I haven't started learning off yet, have my first four in April.

Me too, notes written ages ago, starting intense learning off tomorrow!! Thank god I'm not the only one :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement