Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

So what does everyone think will come up in April for constitutional after today? I really hope 38.1 comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eveline14

Bayley1 wrote: »
    Me too, notes written ages ago, starting intense learning off tomorrow!! Thank god I'm not the only one :-)

Trying to finish up company notes at the mo. Very time consuming and still have a good bit to do yet. I'm considering taking a highlighter to my manual, may not be very beneficial for last minute night before studying though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

sophya wrote: »
    So what does everyone think will come up in April for constitutional after today? I really hope 38.1 comes up

So do I...thinking maybe oireachtas or a question on challengin constituonality....

Was really surprised right to life or abortion didn't come up what with the savita halapanaro case and Fleming v Ireland...

Maybe justiciability like public spending of funds...Mccrystal judment

At this stage I'm utterly confused haha...too many topics plus iv eu aswell which is another mountain load!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭neesie_85

He tends to frown upon the fact that students dont attempt to answer five questions... i think if you have attempted to answer five he will be easier on you. i did constitution in Oct 2013 and i can say without a doubt my answers were basic and that I had 3 good answers with 2 answers full of waffle. was surprised i passed at all... but i did and i think it was due to the fact that i attempted to anser the five questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    1) Has everybody received their confirmation of registration from the Law Society yet? I sent the payment on the last Tuesday with next day delivery, which according to an Post tracking was delivered on the Wednesday. I know it says on the application form that it could take up to 3 weeks after the deadline to receive confirmation but I'm worried all the same.

Hi I send mine out on the Wednesday that week , got nothing back yet.. so you are not the only one! *postal rule * we be ok :P[/QUOTE]

:D Good to hear I'm not the only one! I think I will e-mail them tomorrow if there is no sign in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

neesie_85 wrote: »
    He tends to frown upon the fact that students dont attempt to answer five questions... i think if you have attempted to answer five he will be easier on you. i did constitution in Oct 2013 and i can say without a doubt my answers were basic and that I had 3 good answers with 2 answers full of waffle. was surprised i passed at all... but i did and i think it was due to the fact that i attempted to anser the five questions

I think this is a good idea in all exams. 5 average questions will get you over the line quicker than 3 good, 2 average etc. this was said numerous times by Griffith lecturers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Eveline14 wrote: »
    Trying to finish up company notes at the mo. Very time consuming and still have a good bit to do yet. I'm considering taking a highlighter to my manual, may not be very beneficial for last minute night before studying though.:(

I'm goin with the positive approach tomorrow because I think if I don't, well I won't do the exams at all so in sayin that...we have plenty of time left, we have the course covered it's just a case of getting the heads down for the next few weeks and all that hard work will be worth it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shan89

I'm sitting tort for the first time and it seems like there's so much to be covered and not much can be left out? Does anyone who done any of the revision courses have any tips or what are the main topics to cover.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

Redo91 wrote: »
    Hi I send mine out on the Wednesday that week , got nothing back yet.. so you are not the only one! *postal rule * we be ok :P

I sent mine on the final Wednesday before the closing date and got my exam number this morning. 'Tis odd, my number for the March sitting is in the 40's, and for the April sitting it's in the 600's...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

2 weeks to go and a full time job to boot. I think im going to focus soley on answering past papers now and hopefully see a pattern. Ive been told to focus on problem questions mostly as theyre more likely to hit what exactly the examiner is looking for. Am i right in saying Equity seems to be 50% essay??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Anyone have a 2014 Guide to Contract law or Night before notes for Contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

Anyone wish to share what they are focusing on/hoping to appear for EU tomorrow? Im leaving out institutions, judicial review and infringement actions and havent looked at any case notes as hoping to avoid that question! But now worried thats potentionally 3 questions il be leaving out so may well not have 5 q's!

could anyone tell me what came up in the october 2013 sitting of constitutional please??

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

Glinda! wrote: »
    Anyone wish to share what they are focusing on/hoping to appear for EU tomorrow? Im leaving out institutions, judicial review and infringement actions and havent looked at any case notes as hoping to avoid that question! But now worried thats potentionally 3 questions il be leaving out so may well not have 5 q's!

I'm leaving out Enforcement, Mergers, and Private International Law.

Think institutions comes up a lot, and quite easy to learn. Haven't really looked at case notes, I reckon I'd only answer them if I got desperate.

I haven't had any tips though! Anyone else?
    Dreading learning off FM stuff! Those chapters are huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Can anyone tell me what their 8 main topics for equity are for Thursday please?

I'm defo doing:

Sp
    Undue
    Trusteeship
    Express trusts
    Tracing
    Estoppel
    Rectification
    Resulting trusts

And if I have time purpose trusts. Does anyone think that should cover me or what are you covering?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

criminal law paper

essay questions that came up
    self defence
    recklessness
    consent re sexual offences

Can anyone tell me what their 8 main topics for equity are for Thursday please?

I'm defo doing:

Sp
    Undue
    Trusteeship
    Express trusts
    Tracing
    Estoppel
    Rectification
    Resulting trusts

And if I have time purpose trusts. Does anyone think that should cover me or what are you covering?

are you not going to do injunctions?? i sat it in october 2013 and it
    came up as 2 questions!

has anyone passed criminal on three questions and bullet point fourth?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Milkypops wrote: »
    are you not going to do injunctions?? i sat it in october 2013 and it
    came up as 2 questions!

Na, too much to cover at this stage and too much to cover for the possibility of only getting one half of a question.

Na, too much to cover at this stage and too much to cover for the possibility of only getting one half of a question.

id have a look at interlocutory injunctions anyway its short and the cases are easy to remember(seeing as mareva and mandatory came up in last sitting)...took me three attempts to get equity mainly because for the first two tries i left out injunctions!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 FE1201456

What did everyone think of Criminal today? I actually think it went quite well but im afraid to say it haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

Midlecat wrote: »
    has anyone passed criminal on three questions and bullet point fourth?

I've read on this somewhere that people have passed criminal after only answering 2 and a half questions, so hopefully you'll be fine.

I've read on this somewhere that people have passed criminal after only answering 2 and a half questions, so hopefully you'll be fine.

Thanks felt bummed cos it would have been ok paper only spent way to long on the essays as per :-)

This might be a stupid Q but how would it be possible to pass on 2 and a half questions? That means you done 50% of the paper and you need 50% to pass meaning you would have to get 100% on each question? Or am i missing something? Not being rude genuine Qn to give me hope for EU tomorrow haha!

FE1201456 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid Q but how would it be possible to pass on 2 and a half questions? That means you done 50% of the paper and you need 50% to pass meaning you would have to get 100% on each question? Or am i missing something? Not being rude genuine Qn to give me hope for EU tomorrow haha!

yea i kinda thought that but if my three were nearly amazing ha ha. i really have to move on after 30 mins good or not. thats two exams ive done it in now. wouldnt mind but in my undergrad i could always manage it

I know but it's so hard to know what they want you to say to get marks in these exams your more inclined to try and get everything you now since the beginning of time onto the page haha! Good luck with it I hope you pass!! :) My hand is crippled after today

FE1201456 wrote: »
    I know but it's so hard to know what they want you to say to get marks in these exams your more inclined to try and get everything you now since the beginning of time onto the page haha! Good luck with it I hope you pass!! :) My hand is crippled after today

thanks a mil but doubt it big time. worst exam of my life property seems a breeze after that. doing equity seems moot now days like today show why its bad to just do ghost forth. i think ill do five in sept. good luck with eu!

No way go in with a positive attitiude you hear of people passing in all sorts of crazy ways on this and then you hear of ppl who felt they done amazing and they failed it! Keep doing your best :) Oh and always attempt your ghost subject - I read over it the night before and came out with exactly 50 - worth a try when youve paid for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

any one who has just sat company have any tips on sections that can be left out? just getting into it for april now and finding it maassssiiive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Q re succession and s111 - In re uruqhart it states where left something you must elect to take gift or legal right share, but s115 you have a year to 6 months to elect and failure to elect you receive gift... So wtf is the point of re uruqhart as in that case your man was dead and was clearly never going to elect.,,, is it just making the point that when you have a gift there must always be election within the time period and if there is no election once time has passed you get the gift?

Sorry does that make sense? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement