Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

May92 wrote: »
    Was it infringement actions or judicial review that came up with preliminary references in EU today? I've been told different things by different people!

It was Judicial Review

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Filfot

Midlecat wrote: »
    Recklessness r v g quote law in ireland
    Self defence critically analyse
    consent re sexual offences in ireland

All essays.

2 different 4 parter questions on advising charges to bring mix of admin of justice public order offences against person theft and fraud etc.

one problem question on murder manslaughter intoxication theft and fraud causation and maybe something about killing faetus not sure on latter bit.

one problem question on inchoate complicity theft etc

One on arrest detention bail right to silence not sure if thats exhaustive didnt do

The problem question on the lad who left the armed robbers in dealt with common design, duress by circumstance (as a defence - although would not be in this case) and perhaps membership of unlawful organisation, you had to remember who you were advising

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jesika

Filfot wrote: »
    The problem question on the lad who left the armed robbers in dealt with common design, duress by circumstance (as a defence - although would not be in this case) and perhaps membership of unlawful organisation, you had to remember who you were advising

I put that's down as well, but worried now it was actually a case on incitement and not on common design at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

yea sorry didnt actually do that one. there was something about impossibility not being defence either as a result of own ineptitude. i presume there was something re attempt as well as substantive crime not carried out if i remeber correctly. as i said i only did three so couldnt be sure

I think both would be correct but did the lad you were to advise really incite the gang leader to commit the crime? could be argued there was definitely a common design and q arose as to whether others had gone above and beyond the joint enterprise may provide an arguable but weak defense to the gullible dude u were to advise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Jesika

I think both would be correct but did the lad you were to advise really incite the gang leader to commit the crime? could be argued there was definitely a common design and q arose as to whether others had gone above and beyond the joint enterprise may provide an arguable but weak defense to the gullible dude u were to advise

Well it would be the gang leader inciting the shop owner to commit the crime?

But I said common design and/or an accessory as he aided the robbery.

yea well in my post i put inchoate and complicity ie common design and accessorial liability. i dont think i would have said incitement if i had got it done but maybe conspiracy and differentiate the two. i would have thrown in a line or two on attempt didnt the guards foil the plan? but then throw in a one liner re

impossibility

When are results out for March sittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

When are results out for March sittings?

Well normally the results are always out 6 Friday's from the last exam, but with two sittings this Spring you wouldn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kgalway

Anybody that is doing property in April?
    What topics are you doing?
    For now Ive notes done for AP, Family Property, Co-ownership, Succession, Treasure Trove and Licences.
    I figure I need to cover one or two more but at this stage they all just seem so big!
    So trying to decide whether to go for mortgages or landlord and tenant and maybe if I have time Ill do easements or covenants,
    So out of those last four what would ppl suggest?
    Also if anyone knows what just came up in March it would be appreciated! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

chops018 wrote: »
    Well normally the results are always out 6 Friday's from the last exam, but with two sittings this Spring you wouldn't know.

The provisional date for results for the March sitting is 9th May. But given the Law Society's track record with 'provisional dates', they'll probably be out next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

kgalway wrote: »
    Anybody that is doing property in April?
    What topics are you doing?
    For now Ive notes done for AP, Family Property, Co-ownership, Succession, Treasure Trove and Licences.
    I figure I need to cover one or two more but at this stage they all just seem so big!
    So trying to decide whether to go for mortgages or landlord and tenant and maybe if I have time Ill do easements or covenants,
    So out of those last four what would ppl suggest?
    Also if anyone knows what just came up in March it would be appreciated! :-)
    Hey, I'm pretty much doing the same, succession, adverse, co-ownership, family property, licences and covenants. Not covering anymore, literally not able to contain anymore than that, just going to hope for the best. What other exams are you sitting? Dreading them!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

could anyone tell me what the pringle case was about please?

Hey, I'm pretty much doing the same, succession, adverse, co-ownership, family property, licences and covenants. Not covering anymore, literally not able to contain anymore than that, just going to hope for the best. What other exams are you sitting? Dreading them!

I think I'm going to cover mortgages aswell just incase! Doing equity, tort and contract aswell....dreading them!! Working full time too so havent even started learning off yet!!

Does anybody have a sample answer from one of the colleges for October 2013 Q2 Property: Mortgages.
    Would REALLY REALLY appreciate it!! have a lot of sample answers up until Oct 2012 if somebody wants to swap!

equity would have been a doddle except i couldnt face the study after how bad criminal went for me. v predictable in line with independent tips

1. joint bank ac resulting problem
    2. estoppel two parts detriment and unconscionablilty concept essays
    3. tracing problem
    4. mareva essay
    5. undue problem
    6. 3 parter hastings bass rule removal trustees and strong v bird
    7. 1/2 secret trust maybe a mention of three certaintees not sure. problem
    8. specific performance essay contracts for personal service.

'certainties'

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Midlecat wrote: »
    equity would have been a doddle except i couldnt face the study after how bad criminal went for me. v predictable in line with independent tips

1. joint bank ac resulting problem
    2. estoppel two parts detriment and unconscionablilty concept essays
    3. tracing problem
    4. mareva essay
    5. undue problem
    6. 3 parter hastings bass rule removal trustees and strong v bird
    7. 1/2 secret trust maybe a mention of three certaintees not sure. problem
    8. specific performance essay contracts for personal service.

Hi Midlecat,

I did not think Mareva injunction would come up again. I sat Equity in October it was on then. Sitting it again in April. Its impossible to narrow down the injunctions chapter.

Hi Midlecat,

I did not think Mareva injunction would come up again. I sat Equity in October it was on then. Sitting it again in April. Its impossible to narrow down the injunctions chapter.

yea see i thought it would cos mandatory came up in april and oct and mareva in oct so i thought mareva might again or quia timet. i knew estoppel would also and undue. i really didnt think sp would though.

i think injunctions chapter more trouble than its worth. people say you are guaranteed a question but really its four topics. ill have to do it again in sept but will def be leaving out mareva and covering maybe campus oil just. my exam tuesday went so bad on train home i didnt care less i read secret trusts and joint bank accounts as i had a feeling. just went in today with those and waffled for three hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Hi Midlecat,

I passed Equity in October 2012, so I'm not sure if it is changed, and before I go on I must say that I found Equity relatively easy, so maybe a lot of others don't.

Anyway the Injunctions chapter can be easily narrowed down..... If you look at the previous questions you will see there is only like 2-3 ways they ask a question on each, say interlocutory - when will the Courts depart from the Cyanimid Principles (if I'm remembering correctly?), similar to Mareva, and a Quia Timet Injunction just has 3-4 cases that have to be learned as far as I remember and you're golden.

Similar to a question on the Equitable Remedy of Specific Performance, you will see the examiner has only 2-3 different kinds of questions he can ask for that area...... zone in on that and learn the relevant cases/style of answer off.

Again, that was over a year ago so if the examiner has took a new direction then I apologise.

Also, as I said above I found Equity to be quite easy.. I find Company to be horrible, and I know others who found it grand, so I suppose in reality it is up to the individual and how they find it. Nonetheless the info regarding the way the examiner used to ask questions on certain areas is true - you will see a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

Anyone got any advice/tips on what they are doing for EU in April? Had a look at yesterday's exam paper and seen the examiner has thrown in the stability treaty, if I'm right in saying that (crotty v an Taoiseach; & Pringle v Ireland) in q. 2 he was threatening to do it for awhile, -which I haven't covered.

Just seems to be a endless subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CRM1 wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice/tips on what they are doing for EU in April? Had a look at yesterday's exam paper and seen the examiner has thrown in the stability treaty, if I'm right in saying that (crotty v an Taoiseach; & Pringle v Ireland) in q. 2 he was threatening to do it for awhile, -which I haven't covered.

Just seems to be a endless subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

i dont even know what your on about....what chapter is that in?? id presume it wouldnt come up in april seeing as it came up in march!

enforcement actions is what one of the lecturers were saying would prob in april sitting!

Milkypops wrote: »
    i dont even know what your on about....what chapter is that in?? id presume it wouldnt come up in april seeing as it came up in march!

enforcement actions is what one of the lecturers were saying would prob in april sitting!

Ah maybe I was wrong in interpreting it. I thought it was that because crotty was to do with ratification of the sea and Pringle the ratification of the esm. But yeah hopefully like you said it won't appear in April! I'm just trying to nail down topics and keep wondering if I have enough!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

What's the equity marker like? Have 4 good questions and half a 5th one. Hope it's sufficient to get me over the line....

CRM1 wrote: »
    Ah maybe I was wrong in interpreting it. I thought it was that because crotty was to do with ratification of the sea and Pringle the ratification of the esm. But yeah hopefully like you said it won't appear in April! I'm just trying to nail down topics and keep wondering if I have enough!
    Thanks

well what topics are you leaving out??

im kinda hoping enforcement actions or direct effect of directives and ms liability....free movements...competition....equality...fundamental rights or transparency...mergers...

hate the institutions with a passion

Milkypops wrote: »
    well what topics are you leaving out??

im kinda hoping enforcement actions or direct effect of directives and ms liability....free movements...competition....equality...fundamental rights or transparency...mergers...

hate the institutions with a passion

FM of capital, private international law.

That's not to say I'm doing every other topic in detail. Yeah I'm not particularly fond of institutions either, hoping for a question on principles instead. Focusing less on preliminary ref and judicial review seeing as though they were just up. Not really doing transparency or mergers just an outline of them but more or less everything else. I guess just to get on and drill it into the head at this stage and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

Can anyone tell me what Easements questions came up in 2012 and 2013 as my grid only goes to 2011.
    Looking over the past questions on this topic they seem fairly unpredictable, not as confident that i'll get a good question out of this as I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Any chance someone could please post what came up in this sitting of tort please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Anyone have a copy of today's Equity paper?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement