Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Heading up from Galway for the exams in April. First time doing them so I have no idea where the best place to stay is. I rang the Red Cow and they charge €80 per night (not including breakfast) which is obviously very steep. Also rang Bewleys at Newlands Cross and they were a bit cheaper at €65 per night (again no breakfast included). Is there any hotel less than 20 minutes from the Red Cow that is cheaper than those?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Hi, hoping someone can help me with the following;

Looking back through company exam questions and often as a part b of a question you get asked 'whether your answer would be different if the articles of association or a shareholders' agreement contained a provision that the Company would support shareholders' businesses by referring clients to them.'

For example, two very similar questions in March 2013 Q3 and Oct 2010 Q5.

Can anyone shed any light on what a shareholders agreement is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ed.1990

Tort March 2014 (Pretty basic summary of topics that came up)

Q1: Defamation (essay)
    Q2: Duty of Care/Causation/Remoteness (problem)
    Q3: Employers Liability (problem)
    Q4: Concurrent Wrongdoers (essay)
    Q5: Occupiers Liability (problem)
    Q6: Duty of Care (essay)
    Q7: Trespass to Land/Animal Liability (problem)
    Q8: Medical Negligence (problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Redo91 wrote: »
    Heading up from Galway for the exams in April. First time doing them so I have no idea where the best place to stay is. I rang the Red Cow and they charge €80 per night (not including breakfast) which is obviously very steep. Also rang Bewleys at Newlands Cross and they were a bit cheaper at €65 per night (again no breakfast included). Is there any hotel less than 20 minutes from the Red Cow that is cheaper than those?

try the Ibis. Its cheap. Full of FE 1 students and only a short walk to the red cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Redo91 wrote: »

I'm staying in the Ibis for 5 nights and it worked out around €175, it's 2 km from red cow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

ed.1990 wrote: »
    Tort March 2014 (Pretty basic summary of topics that came up)

Q1: Defamation (essay)
    Q2: Duty of Care/Causation/Remoteness (problem)
    Q3: Employers Liability (problem)
    Q4: Concurrent Wrongdoers (essay)
    Q5: Occupiers Liability (problem)
    Q6: Duty of Care (essay)
    Q7: Trespass to Land/Animal Liability (problem)
    Q8: Medical Negligence (problem)

Cheers thanks a mil!

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I'm staying in the Ibis for 5 nights and it worked out around €175, it's 2 km from red cow
    try the Ibis. Its cheap. Full of FE 1 students and only a short walk to the red cow.

Thanks guys! :) I'll give them a try tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 happyuser123

Does anyone know what cases Eoin Carolan mentioned in his big Constitutional talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Does anyone know what cases Eoin Carolan mentioned in his big Constitutional talk?

He hasn't done the talk this year.. Don't know if he is even going to now, it's usually on around February.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 happyuser123

ah ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the walk from the Ibis to the red cow hotel is like? I see google maps says it's just over 2km but is there a flyover? Was going to be staying with a relative but now considering booking the Ibis as it's much closer and would rather rely on my own two feet than my 15yr old car! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pow1987

Any chance someone could please post what came up in this sitting of constitutional law?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the walk from the Ibis to the red cow hotel is like? I see google maps says it's just over 2km but is there a flyover? Was going to be staying with a relative but now considering booking the Ibis as it's much closer and would rather rely on my own two feet than my 15yr old car! Thanks

trust me the ibis is the job. you are maybe ten fifteen minute walk away. theres a flyover and its only 38 a night. this was my first sitting. came up from cork didnt have a clue where to go and was delighted it was so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Midlecat wrote: »
    trust me the ibis is the job. you are maybe ten fifteen minute walk away. theres a flyover and its only 38 a night. this was my first sitting. came up from cork didnt have a clue where to go and was delighted it was so handy.

Thanks Midlecat! Final question on it. Is there places there or nearby to grab food? I've three in a row and coming from Cork too so will be setting up camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Thanks Midlecat! Final question on it. Is there places there or nearby to grab food? I've three in a row and coming from Cork too so will be setting up camp!
    Not really. You can get a munch in the hotel itself and they do a student dinner special for €10 but I'm not sure its worth it (apart from a big breakfast). I was up for the first time last October and my missus showed me a handy Asian place with take away for €5. It's pure daycint too: you get a carton of boiled rice and a veg and/or meat carton to go with it. Better yet its next to a Luas stop in the city centre.

I found it handy too when I was stuffed and couldn't finish the rice as I had packets of soup (and Barry's tea bags) with me and I'd mix it (not the tea) with the rice afterwards: that saved me time having to run around getting more munchies and allowed me more time to study in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

just bring a bag of stuff koka noodles and stuff. do not do what i did and buy a few bits in a certain convenience store on abbey street which cost €14. i got carvery some days in redcow inn after exams

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KarlKarlson123

Did anyone else find Contract appalling today?

Did anyone else find Contract appalling today?

Oh no, I'm doin it next sitting, what came up?

Does anyone think the revision classes next week will be worth it?

I will have an hour and a half drive to and from the classes for a two hour class, part of me feels those 3 hours could be put to better use...?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

What came up in contract

• Advertisement

What is the story with checking out from the Ibis? If you want to leave your stuff in your room until after the exams do you need to pay extra for late check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Does anyone think the revision classes next week will be worth it?

I will have an hour and a half drive to and from the classes for a two hour class, part of me feels those 3 hours could be put to better use...?

Maybe just wait till they get put up online. Then u can skip bits and don't have the travel

Ownleme wrote: »
    Maybe just wait till they get put up online. Then u can skip bits and don't have the travel

This may be a silly question but I'm not registered with City Colleges, I assumed you had to be to watch them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

I did today what I always laughed at when I heard other people doing...reading the question wrong and mistaking (a) AND (b) for (a) OR (b) on question 1 in contract!! And I thought I had done an ok exam until that! Ah well at least I'm doing it again in April!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

anyone mind posting what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

This may be a silly question but I'm not registered with City Colleges, I assumed you had to be to watch them online?
    I don't think so. That at least is what Philip Burke (or at least the guy with the username) has suggested. I also rang City Colleges earlier and they said to contact them and let them know the score. Afaik, the email will suffice. Which is nice of them, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

http://www.citycolleges.ie/wp/course/city-colleges-fe1-april-2014-exam-review-classes/

I've just e-mailed them there to ask about it. Would be great to be able to get it online. So stressed, I sat a few in March and have found it so hard to get back to studying the past week!

http://www.citycolleges.ie/wp/course/city-colleges-fe1-april-2014-exam-review-classes/

I've just e-mailed them there to ask about it. Would be great to be able to get it online. So stressed, I sat a few in March and have found it so hard to get back to studying the past week!

I emailed them earlier too hopefully we will be able to, April is my first time and studying has been a disaster I just can't get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Does anybody know if the Independent Revision Classes will be online too??

I know City will be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Could somebody please post what came up for contract exams today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement