Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Glinda!

dandadub wrote: »
    Yes panic has firmly set in. I'm focusing mainly on General Negligence, Causation, vicarious liability, nuisance, trespass to person, economic loss, res ipsa loquitor, passing off and product liability. Less so on standard of care, nervous shock, defamation, defences, professional Negligence.

You?

What do you find helps to learn off by heart?

General Negligence, Causation, Vicarious Liability, Trespass to Person, Occupiers Liability, TrespassNuisance/Rylands, Defamation, Liability to Animals, Product Liaibility and Damages.

More worried that the not so prominent topics are going to get a run like Fatal Injuries or Public Authority Liability. Actually just dawned on me writing this reply wasnt there a case about the firemen in Wicklow that were killed in the last yr or so? That would be an on topic q's about public authority liability/liability for fire/fatal injuries. . . hope to god im wrong because ive looked at none of them!

I find that the cases are the hard part to learn off. I especially get confused in the exam say if im trying to visualise what the name of the case was on the page because all the notes are in my own writing so could end up mixing up topics!

I pick the first letter of each of the case names in one topic and either make it into a word or rhyme. You would be amazed at how much more you remember doing that! The more obscure the word or rhyme the better IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

Hi all,

Just regarding the letter containing our exam number - is our exam number our candidate number?

Thanks in advance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

C2012 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just regarding the letter containing our exam number - is our exam number our candidate number?

Thanks in advance:)

Ya it is!

in relation to the consitutional casenote....it seems that the same cases never come up twice....has anyone any idea which cases it might be good to have knowledge of??

im hoping only to answer this question if the rest are brutal! fingers crossed there not!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Debbie

Can somebody tell me where I can buy the legislation we're allowed bring into exams please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Debbie wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me where I can buy the legislation we're allowed bring into exams please?

I'm selling some.

Also in reference to the earlier conversation I know someone who got all 8 in one go. They were just finished final year law and sat them in the October. No idea how much study they did tho/if they did a course or anything like that. I think if you want 6 do 6. I don't think having 2 incase the papers are bad will help. It'll just spread you too thin. Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Does anyone know what time the people from the law society stay around the hotel till after the exams? Need to hand in my legislation for company tomo but not sure if I will be there by 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lemonliman

Hi, would somone mind posting the City College review lecture on Property please if you don't mind? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Does anyone know what time the people from the law society stay around the hotel till after the exams? Need to hand in my legislation for company tomo but not sure if I will be there by 12.30

They say you can hand it in till 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Debbie wrote: »

I got mine from the OPW website. Succession Act and the Constitution for a tenner. It's mail order though, so you might wanna try and find them elsewhere. There used to be a Government Publications Shop on Molesworth St but I think it's closed now.

• Advertisement

Is it an absolute necessity to hand it in the day before? Dunno if I'll be able to trek all the way up to Red Cow on Wednesday to hand in the Succession Act.

Milkypops wrote: »
    in relation to the consitutional casenote....it seems that the same cases never come up twice....has anyone any idea which cases it might be good to have knowledge of??

im hoping only to answer this question if the rest are brutal! fingers crossed there not!

Looking over the past papers, it seems like an absolute lottery.

safc_pete wrote: »
    Is it an absolute necessity to hand it in the day before? Dunno if I'll be able to trek all the way up to Red Cow on Wednesday to hand in the Succession Act.

i, naively, brought a printed copy of the succession act with me when i first sat these stupid exams and obviously that wasn't permitted so they gave me a spare succession act and i had it for around 10....so if you bring in your own early enough on the day you should have it def within the first hour!

ya the const. casenote is def not worth studying about 50 cases for to have none of them come up! think im gonna have 4 kinda done haha and leave it and pray!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Hey land law Q -
    Re easements s6 of conveyancing act where easement existed and conveyance occurrs - easement passes automatically without need to mention them. Is that for all easements or just easements acquire by implied grant.
    Any answer much appreciated. Thanks.

does anyone have a constitutional grid i can use.....my one seems to be all over the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Hi

I just had a quick question in relation to Q1, March property paper.

It's in relation to same sex couples and shared home. Unless I'm totally wrong there isn't really that much to critically evaluate only the 2010 Act. I think I would find it hard to do a full essay question if this question comes up again especially when there is no case law :-(

I would be obliged if anyone has any input in relation to same..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Tort.... Ehhh not lovely at all. Very jealous of people who sat march paper now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭michelle2000

Tort.... Ehhh not lovely at all. Very jealous of people who sat march paper now!!

What came up? Best of luck to everyone over the next few days

what came up? was there any overlapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JamesLaw

How did today's Tort paper go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Some of the small topics like fatal actions on death, res Ipsa loquiter, statutory something or other, then psychiatric damage, occupiers liab with a bit of animals thrown in (possibly I think) vicarious liab.... I'm all over the place! Joyful times

And yeah there was overlapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RossLynch33

Some of the small topics like fatal actions on death, res Ipsa loquiter, statutory something or other, then psychiatric damage, occupiers liab with a bit of animals thrown in (possibly I think) vicarious liab.... I'm all over the place! Joyful times

And yeah there was overlapping!

Looking back at it now, I think that Statutory question was on the "Statutory Duties of Care" which hasn't been examined since October 2006. Instantly regret answering that question by using a piece of Statute of my choice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Anybody know what q2 was today in tort... Trespass to land?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RossLynch33

Anybody know what q2 was today in tort... Trespass to land?

I thought it was either trespass to land or pure economic loss? I could be completely wrong on the pure economic loss guess though. How did you find the paper overall?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

For anyone doing the Tort paper next time including myself which will be more than likely - start from the most obscure topics and work your way from there. Seems like a trend through all the papers that obscure topics are getting a run.

Q7 was a dodgy 5th for me answered it generally on a few acts, was a throw up between that and q2 but to be honest I couldn't settle on what q2 was a about.

Res Ispa - there is like a page and a half on it in my manual Nevermind case law.

Apart from that it wasn't a bad paper, but I am no way confident I have it passed, annoying because the only things I left out were those ancillary issues and liability for fire and animals. What about onwards from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I hope question 2 was about trespass to land, it was the only question I could do for my fifth. Hope it wasn't economic loss because the guy was never planning on selling it.

No trespass to the person or passing off really limited me.

I managed to get five questions done at least, anyone know what he's like as a marker?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Q6 today anyone.... Nuisance or Ryland's?

I couldnt decide what Q2 was about either but in hindsight it was trespass to land and pure economic loss. The mixing of the wood had me thinking of mixed trusts in equity! I couldnt get a handle on what exactly he was looking for. Y did he mention he was resident in ireland or citizen i cant remember which exactly?

Q6 today anyone.... Nuisance or Ryland's?

Both. . Nuisance of not being able to enjoy garden when boggy..Rylands when ground floor flooded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hey all, for those who have sat the tort paper, do you reckon the paper was meant to be the October paper ? Or the original march paper or like a spare paper ? Were the topics in accordance with the grinds school tips etc? :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement