Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

I really don't feel like I've half enough covered!

Join the club!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Would it come up as a Question on its own you reckon? I have marked down from the online recording that if it comes up as part of a problem quality leave it till the end and mention it then. I really don't feel like I've half enough covered!

ya i have that jotted down aswell....but like is art 45 the same as socio economic rights so essentially and therefore could come up under non justiciability??

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

safc_pete wrote: »
    Join the club!!

Maybe we could get lucky...

Milkypops wrote: »
    ok good :) my heads fried at this stage....anything else that has never/rarely come up?? im trying to cut topics left right and center here haah

Association & Disassociation; Consequences of Unconstitutionality; Emergency & International Law; Articles 1-4; Jurisdiction of the Lower Courts; Articles 5,9 Sovereignty & Prerogatives.

All of those have been examined twice or less since '06.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MissLeo

I doubt it will matter they probably wont even notice after reading the first 500 papers haha!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

What's everyone focusing on for Criminal and Equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Association & Disassociation; Consequences of Unconstitutionality; Emergency & International Law; Articles 1-4; Jurisdiction of the Lower Courts; Articles 5,9 Sovereignty & Prerogatives.

All of those have been examined twice or less since '06.

iv covered none of the above anyway haha...would it be risky leaving out liberty??

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Anyone else a bit stumped by that Co-ownership question today? Reading it, I felt like the answer to the (b) section applied to the (a) part too (Union in a sole tenant, Partition & Sale) which was weird. And what was the significance of her leaving to New Zealand? I couldn't write about the 4 unites, or severance of a JT in law or equity and termination was asked in the second part, so it was slim pickings for (a). Kinda paranoid that it wasn't a TinC at all but was a JT?? I ended up waffling on about her applying to the court and him holding the rent on trust for her in equity?? Someone fill me in?

To be honest I had very little to write about that question ... Had two pages in total between the two parts ..which was what what disappointing ..

A) just presume it it was TIC didn't even talk about JT in the first part ( prob should have) I think the signifance of New Zealand is that he choose to live away therefore can't expect profits or rent from the land , I just advised him to sell his share to the other person or to the 3rd party with consent

B) I mentioned sole ownership, and partition and sale as well. And you were right there's bit of a overlap

Surprised about the how narrow the question was ... Like kept on thinking I missed something ! Oh well it's done !

Is it just me, or the April paper seemed to be awful harder than the march papers

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

dandadub wrote: »
    What's everyone focusing on for Criminal and Equity?

I want to ask the same thing ! Someone please share.. I don't even know where to start :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    I want to ask the same thing ! Someone please share.. I don't even know where to start :(

My criminal list is endless at the moment.

For Equity I'm doin Injunctions, not sure bout mareva yet, estoppel, specific performance & rectification, 3 certainties, strong v bird, resulting and charitable trusts and undue influence. That's my plan as it stands today it could all change. Forgot trusteeship

• Advertisement

For Equity I'm focusing on
    Quia Timet Mandatory & Interlocutory Injunctions
    Anton Piller Orders
    Charitable Trusts
    Specific Performance
    Constructive Trusts
    Trusteeship
    Rescission & Undue Influence

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Does anyone here claim BTEA whilst studying for the FE1s. I know that the PPC courses are eligible for grant funding and a training payment is paid but not sure about studying before actually applying to Blackhall.
    To be honest I had very little to write about that question ... Had two pages in total between the two parts ..which was what what disappointing ..

A) just presume it it was TIC didn't even talk about JT in the first part ( prob should have) I think the signifance of New Zealand is that he choose to live away therefore can't expect profits or rent from the land , I just advised him to sell his share to the other person or to the 3rd party with consent

B) I mentioned sole ownership, and partition and sale as well. And you were right there's bit of a overlap

Surprised about the how narrow the question was ... Like kept on thinking I missed something ! Oh well it's done !

Is it just me, or the April paper seemed to be awful harder than the march papers

Have to agree with you there, I know which company and property papers I would rather have sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Does the April papers seem harder than the March ones?

I've only seen an outline of the March Property paper, but it seems a lot more straightforward than the one I sat today.

Maybe it's our penance for kicking up such a fuss over the change of date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Yes! Im pretty sure I failed Company yesterday, too many obscure questions. Much more straightforward March paper:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 omgnaire

im so glad to see what everyones saying about d co-ownership question!! came out of that completely thinking id missed the point as I only had two and half pages to write!! I felt with the s111 appropriation question, that was kinda narrow aswell whereas I had so much more to write for the s117! thank god its over anyway! on a bright note...delighted finding came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C2012

What came up in company? Is he a harsh corrector, maybe he would give attempt marks:)

I had kinda thought constitutional was going to be on but am finding it so hard to absorb anything!

Have a feeling it's going to be full of waffling on tomorrow!

I had kinda thought constitutional was going to be on but am finding it so hard to absorb anything!

Have a feeling it's going to be full of waffling on tomorrow!

I can't remember anything once I've put it down. Trying to remember a few cases is hard enough atm, never mind the ****ton involved here...:confused:

I can't remember anything once I've put it down. Trying to remember a few cases is hard enough atm, never mind the ****ton involved here...:confused:

Im the same, I feel like I've read something and it's gone straight out of my head again. Sitting my last 3 now but I've a feeling I'll be back for more in sept!

• Advertisement

Im the same, I feel like I've read something and it's gone straight out of my head again. Sitting my last 3 now but I've a feeling I'll be back for more in sept!

I'm gonna have to be very lucky with the questions tomorrow if I'm gonna be anywhere near pulling this one off...

I'm gonna have to be very lucky with the questions tomorrow if I'm gonna be anywhere near pulling this one off...

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

What date do the exams usually be in Autumn? Is it September or October and roughly what dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

kiwi33 wrote: »
    What date do the exams usually be in Autumn? Is it September or October and roughly what dates?

Exam timetable on the law society website

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

Ok I think I'm officially starting to loose it. Can some1 confirm to me that the contract exam is thurs 17th not fri 18th? I was sure it said d 18th on my letter but not at home to check it! Tia!

Kildaregal wrote: »
    Ok I think I'm officially starting to loose it. Can some1 confirm to me that the contract exam is thurs 17th not fri 18th? I was sure it said d 18th on my letter but not at home to check it! Tia!

Yes its def the 17th, 18th is Good Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

Thanks missM..god that would have been some mistake to make! Phew. Ok back to d study so..

Is anyone else having serious trouble remembering case names? I feel like as soon as I read them they are gone out of my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

MissM89 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having serious trouble remembering case names? I feel like as soon as I read them they are gone out of my head!

Having major trouble with case names, half my booklet in land was full of blank spaces in the hope the names would come back to me :(

Ha I also thought contact was on Friday!! Oops!!
    Have criminal, equity and contract next week... Going to be a long weekend haha!!
    Any idea what to leave out in criminal!?! Syringe offences were up(I think) in March, so can pr

• Advertisement

I have those three next week too, so hard to even know which order to study them in!! I am going at equity for the day, and going to do criminal for the weekend. Ya syringe offences were up, so maybe computer offences. I am really hoping for a classification of offences question!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement