Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jesus loves me

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if I would be OK to study the Independent colleges manuals from 2011 for Criminal, Equity, contract and property or should I purchase more up to date manuals.

I studied for the exams in 2011 but didn't take them seriously enough and needless to say I failed them. I would like to give them another shot in September but can't afford another round of preparatory courses.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkvibes

Hi all, had a total disaster in April so will be repeating. Can anyone tell me what came up in contract please? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ownleme

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if I would be OK to study the Independent colleges manuals from 2011 for Criminal, Equity, contract and property or should I purchase more up to date manuals.

I studied for the exams in 2011 but didn't take them seriously enough and needless to say I failed them. I would like to give them another shot in September but can't afford another round of preparatory courses.

Don't think you need new manuals to get a passing grade in criminal or contract. Not sure about others.

Manuals for sale on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hey guys,

For equity, there is update case law on Undue influence, the case of Ulster Bank V Roche in 2012, that's the only major change I can think of.

2011 Manuals would be more than enough, those material don't change that much at all,
    maybe if any of your friends has the more updated version of your manuals, just sit down and compare the manuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Getting nervous about those results on Friday morning. Might drink all night to lessen the stress! 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Does anyone actually know when April exam results are out? There really isnt much to go on from the law society website - and the date of 13th June seems so late given that classes are due to start early June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Morris_fe1s

For Company Law could anyone provide a positive recommendation for which College is the best please.. Or are they all much the same...

Griffith
    Independent
    City

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

For Company Law could anyone provide a positive recommendation for which College is the best please.. Or are they all much the same...

Griffith
    Independent
    City

Thanks

The guy in independent is really good, his intense revision class was booked up this sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Anyone else failed equity where they thought they passed? I failed by 2% and I actually thought I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

Anyone else failed equity where they thought they passed? I failed by 2% and I actually thought I passed it.

I passed it my 4th time doing it and failed by 2-3% all other times. It is marked so hard! I got 50% on the button and I cant believe I finally passed it! I know other people who have had difficulty passing equity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

Some have them already? Gah. Refreshing furiously. 9:32 damn it, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I actually got mine in the post this morning at 8.15 just before I left for work.

It's been a tough, and to be honest horrendous past two years but I got 50 on the button in Company so that's me done, I finally have all 8.

I'm ecstatic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

chops018 wrote: »
    I actually got mine in the post this morning at 8.15 just before I left for work.

Got 50 on the button in Company so that's me done, I finally have all 8.

I'm ecstatic!!

Congrats!! :)

Congrats Chops!

Passed both. Now waiting on EU in June (June is unreasonably far away). Kicking myself now for doing a second sitting in April of one of those that I passed in March.

Congrats Chops!

Passed both. Now waiting on EU in June (June is unreasonably far away). Kicking myself now for doing a second sitting in April of one of those that I passed in March.

Fair play. So you will have them all if you get the one in June?

I know I did both sittings for this subject but having passed I don't care haha.

Have them all, at last, if I get EU which is my worst. Sat Constitutional a second time in April and now worried about the amount of EU time it ate into but I suppose. Think I'm going to have to find God to get over the next 5/6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Oh God I can't wait for the April sitting results to come out... was my first time sitting them so I know that I probably failed but I just want to know what I actually got in terms of how I felt I did. Will be interesting to see so I can have a feel for what I need to do next time round! I Feel like I should pass two of them.. and not far of the third.. Time will Tell!!! GAH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MissLeo

Anyone know what the top results in the country were last year?! Did really well in one and was just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crosshair12

Fell over the line this morning with 50% in EU, that's all 8 in the bag. I can't describe the relief...

Also, delighted for chops! I've followed your company law odyssey on here with interest, as it mirrored my own struggles with tort and EU. Great news!

Now, what the hell am I going to do with all this free time?

Fell over the line this morning with 50% in EU, that's all 8 in the bag. I can't describe the relief...

Also, delighted for chops! I've followed your company law odyssey on here with interest, as it mirrored my own struggles with tort and EU. Great news!

Now, what the hell am I going to do with all this free time?

Thanks Crosshair.

Delighted you've them all too.

Such a great feeling.

To anyone out there, persevere, you will get there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

Thanks Crosshair.

Delighted you've them all too.

Such a great feeling.

To anyone out there, persevere, you will get there!

Thanks for the motiviation! It is needed... I suppose it is in our nature to want everything all at once and as quickly as possible but things never work out that way. I just feel like I couldn't be bothered studying for another two years for another two years if you get me. I want to get it over and done with!!! I think I'm in the middle of a quarter life crises.. I'm constantly thinking should I try to get a mainstream job now that doesn't require more study or just stick at this... sounds really pathetic but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Feel like I should have had my **** together before this, especially when you see people in jobs now your own age and your still at the never ending grinding stone

kiwi33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the motiviation! It is needed... I suppose it is in our nature to want everything all at once and as quickly as possible but things never work out that way. I just feel like I couldn't be bothered studying for another two years for another two years if you get me. I want to get it over and done with!!! I think I'm in the middle of a quarter life crises.. I'm constantly thinking should I try to get a mainstream job now that doesn't require more study or just stick at this... sounds really pathetic but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Feel like I should have had my **** together before this, especially when you see people in jobs now your own age and your still at the never ending grinding stone

Well most Solicitors I have seen seemed to have got their degree/masters, went travelling/working for a year, started the FE1's and took 1-2 years to do. Then 2 year or so apprenticeship, maybe some work experience before, then qualify between 28-30..... assuming you have done all that straight from college and you went to college when you were 18.

Believe me I'm seeing a lot of my friends and even younger friends starting to do well for themselves and get on with their careers or be in good jobs with a decent salary.

I have had quarter life crisis before, and sometimes still do haha, where I say I'd be better off abroad, or I should have joined the army, or I should just throw my hat at it and go back and do postgrad in primary teaching.

Here's hoping it gets better from here.

Perseverance and hard work seems to pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Well most Solicitors I have seen seemed to have got their degree/masters, went travelling/working for a year, started the FE1's and took 1-2 years to do. Then 2 year or so apprenticeship, maybe some work experience before, then qualify between 28-30..... assuming you have done all that straight from college and you went to college when you were 18.

Believe me I'm seeing a lot of my friends and even younger friends starting to do well for themselves and get on with their careers or be in good jobs with a decent salary.

I have had quarter life crisis before, and sometimes still do haha, where I say I'd be better off abroad, or I should have joined the army, or I should just throw my hat at it and go back and do postgrad in primary teaching.

Here's hoping it gets better from here.

Perseverance and hard work seems to pay off.

fair play chops!! waiting on mine now from april sitting and bricking it!! friday the 13th feck that for a game of soldiers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭missindigo123

You are not alone!! I feel like I am wasting my life waiting and doing exams and all! its fine when you are studying but times like now where I'm not going anything particular I really am questioning my sanity ha!! But we will be rich and successful one day!! I'm going to use this time to still be a student! I am off to Thailand for a month to teach English!
    We have plenty of years to be working in main stream jobs!:P Sure YOLO!

Milkypops wrote: »
    fair play chops!! waiting on mine now from april sitting and bricking it!! friday the 13th feck that for a game of soldiers!

Hopefully all goes well Miklypops, I'll be checking in to see how ye get on.
    You are not alone!! I feel like I am wasting my life waiting and doing exams and all! its fine when you are studying but times like now where I'm not going anything particular I really am questioning my sanity ha!! But we will be rich and successful one day!! I'm going to use this time to still be a student! I am off to Thailand for a month to teach English!
    We have plenty of years to be working in main stream jobs!:P Sure YOLO!

You're dead right. Live life while you can, plenty of time to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Milkypops wrote: »

Are the April results not out until 13th of June??
    I thought they would be Fri 30th of May because that's 6 weeks..
    Have the Law Society said the 13th?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lolers11

Passed EU and failed constitutional. Thought it would be the other way round. Delighted not to do EU again though!!!

I thought I had answered one of the constitutional q's wrong and I guess I was right!

I've still to get April result for company. But have a feeling I'll have two to repeat in Oct. Anyone know if the exam dates will change? I'm worried after last time.

Well done to all who finished. It's such a long slog. But hopefully well worth it in the end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Well done to all who got good results today. Got 4 myself at second time of asking so over the moon.

Anyone have any recommendations on Prep Courses for Tort, Property, EU and Constitutional. Looking for advice on good lecturers etc.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Lolers11 wrote: »
    Passed EU and failed constitutional. Thought it would be the other way round. Delighted not to do EU again though!!!

I thought I had answered one of the constitutional q's wrong and I guess I was right!

I've still to get April result for company. But have a feeling I'll have two to repeat in Oct. Anyone know if the exam dates will change? I'm worried after last time.

Well done to all who finished. It's such a long slog. But hopefully well worth it in the end!!!

I got my results in the post this morning and it say the next sitting will be 22nd September to 3rd Oct. I say that set in stone after the calamity of March/April sittings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

oh my god, i did 3 questions in criminal, 4 in property and studied for equity on way up in car and signed name in contract just. i just got 53 58 and 50 i dont believe it can they change? only thing is was i was testing the waters first time sitting them and results not too high. will future employers look at this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement