Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Marysmyth2011

Anyone know where I can get a copy...
    MacCann &
    Courtney,
    Companies Acts, 1963 – 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Anyone know where I can get a copy...
    MacCann &
    Courtney,
    Companies Acts, 1963 – 2012

Hodges Figgis bookstore. I think it's on Dawson Street, it's near Stephens Green and Grafton Street anyway. Google the address to be sure.

Also, there is probably plenty of second hand copies going on adverts.ie or the FE1 manual sale thread on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hi all,

Just got an email from the Law Society about the results, just wondering would the results be out at 9:30 sharp?
    Has there been times where it was out before the time? I remember back in college,sometimes the results would release earlier than the given date/time . :/

Already dreading it ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Hiya - just saw your post, I havnt received an email yet. Just wondering what date they have given for results!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

MissM89 wrote: »
    Hiya - just saw your post, I havnt received an email yet. Just wondering what date they have given for results!
    Thanks

Friday June 13th ay 9.30 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Thanks - has anyone else not got the email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

ANyone who how long approx it takes for re-checks?

Usually results are out bang on the time online and the letter might be delivered Friday morning with results also but it could be on Monday either. The sitting in October just gone the site crashed just after 9.30 and wasn't back up again for at least an hour or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Thank you for feedback- even if I had to pay for the traineeship, it wouldn't be that stressful- as I am sure I would reap the rewards for future employment prospects- Is this not true?

When you say reap the reward, do you mean financially or just in terms of job satisfaction?? A lot of solicitors would not be making big money!!

ANyone who how long approx it takes for re-checks?

Usually results are out bang on the time online and the letter might be delivered Friday morning with results also but it could be on Monday either. The sitting in October just gone the site crashed just after 9.30 and wasn't back up again for at least an hour or so!

Thank you for the heads up, hope it won't crash this time... :/ :P

Both - can't understand why solicitors can;t make money- do they lack business acumen? I have lots of that- but missing the legal part...

So if some solicitor wants to join forces- lets do it!

Dublin based and ready for business...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Both - can't understand why solicitors can;t make money- do they lack business acumen? I have lots of that- but missing the legal part...

So if some solicitor wants to join forces- lets do it!

Dublin based and ready for business...

Based on that answer, you have a serious misunderstanding of the business. After you qualify, you would need to work with an experienced lawyer for years before you would be in a position to set up your own practice. In other words, you will still be an employee and paid a salary.

Simply qualifying as a solicitor does not mean you possess the knowledge or expertise to work independently....you would probably be looking at 7+ years (at the bare minimum) before you would be in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Anybody know when the March recheck results are out???

Aware of many solicitors who have opened up on their own/ emigrated within 2 years of qualifying- obviously they found a niche and targeted that. Expect its similar to any of the professions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Aware of many solicitors who have opened up on their own/ emigrated within 2 years of qualifying- obviously they found a niche and targeted that. Expect its similar to any of the professions?

But they probably would have been training for 2-3 years before hand, so in essence it's almost 5 years at it. Plus, they probably brought people on board as partners with possibly more experience?

I actually know of a guy who went out on his own straight after qualifying and isn't doing too bad. So it can be done, just very rare.

Plus, you'd probably need plenty of cash behind you to start off.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I'm hoping to get a little bit of advice.

I recently signed up for some prep courses and got the manuals and login details in the post and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed to say the least!

So far, I haven't done anything only watch 1 lecture for Contract and read the manual while I'm going along.

I'm just wondering how people generally go it. Do you watch, lecture,read the manual and move on for now or watch the lecture, read the manual, learn cases etc and attempt past qs for the topic. Obviously the latter seems like the best option but it looks so time consuming to even get through one topic for one subject. Is this generally what people find effective?

Also, do people genereally find it easier/more beneficial to spend a day on a particular subject such as Contract or to move between subjects

I find it really tough and slow to learn something by heart and am finding it difficult to remember case names. I graduated a few years ago and the thought of learning numerous cases per topic per subject is really daunting at the moment so I'd really appreciate any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkvibes

Does anyone have an updated contract law grid they wouldn't mind sharing?

Hi, can I get a copy of that too please?

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Anybody know when the March recheck results are out???

I'm wondering too. I was told "by the end of June". So my guess is a two weeks or so after these results on Friday. Does anyone have experience of re-checks, do they just send them out once done or is there usually a specified date?

With the small numbers who sat the March exams compared to April I wouldn't expect there would be too many re-checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Already feel sick to the stomach thinking about results tomorrow! Contract was my worst but just hoping that I made enough sense to get to 50!

Already feel sick to the stomach thinking about results tomorrow! Contract was my worst but just hoping that I made enough sense to get to 50!

It's gonna be a long day..I already feel very nervous too. :/
    waiting on the results for my first 4, the thought of doing the same 4 and start over again is making sick :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkvibes

Thinking about repeating already. Does definition of a crime question come up in every criminal exam? Also does anyone know what came up in contract please?

• Advertisement

I'm waiting on three results, one I know I failed, one I know I passed and one which I'll either get bang on 50 or fail.

These exams are torture!

I'm waiting on three results, one I know I failed, one I know I passed and one which I'll either get bang on 50 or fail.

These exams are torture!

How would you know for definite that you have passed or failed one? Like give yourself a rough mark for each question you did? would like to estimate my results too, except those were my first 4, no idea how they are marked :/

Best of luck :)

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    How would you know for definite that you have passed or failed one? Like give yourself a rough mark for each question you did? would like to estimate my results too, except those were my first 4, no idea how they are marked :/

Best of luck :)

Only because one was a repeat and I had a decent answer for 5 questions, the one and only time that that has happened to me so I HAVE to have passed, hopefully....!

And the other was such a disaster there's no way I had enough information to have passed it, it was the worst of any I have sat.

Then the third one is how I felt coming out of any of the rest of the exams, no idea, it could go either way!

Saying that I could be surprised tomorrow morning. You really can't completely know how you got on in any, the results can be v surprising.

Only because one was a repeat and I had a decent answer for 5 questions, the one and only time that that has happened to me so I HAVE to have passed, hopefully....!

And the other was such a disaster there's no way I had enough information to have passed it, it was the worst of any I have sat.

Then the third one is how I felt coming out of any of the rest of the exams, no idea, it could go either way!

Saying that I could be surprised tomorrow morning. You really can't completely know how you got on in any, the results can be v surprising.

I see , best of luck again ! :) I hope you will pass all of them

Heard of people that got the results in the post in the morning. check your mail box if you are home
    The suspense is killing me..have to wait until 9:30

Best of luck everyone !!

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Heard of people that got the results in the post in the morning. check your mail box if you are home
    The suspense is killing me..have to wait until 9:30

Best of luck everyone !!

Got mine in the post this morning, they were as expected for a change but the one I was unsure of I passed, thankfully!

Recheck from March also came out this morning I heard.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

After getting two out of four in my first two sittings I finally got 4 this morning! Delighted!! Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

Alternating between a page that refuses to finish loading, the existing holding page, and now an error message.

Anyone been able to access online yet?

Been refreshing since half 9... nothing and now the site is crashed?

has anyone seen the results online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Couldn't get my results online but got them in the post thankfully! Final 4 in the bag, can't overstate how happy I am to be rid of these horrible exams!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement