Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

I am getting logged in and then it just says results will be available at 9.30 on Friday 13th.....its past 9.30 Law Society- come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Been refreshing since half 9... nothing and now the site is crashed?

has anyone seen the results online?

Nope :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheGreaterFool

They tweeted at 9:30 (guessing scheduled tweet) that they were up. You'd think they'd have waited to get it working first!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭kiwi33

It keeps telling me that my username is incorrect and password and they're not!! hallions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KarlKarlson123

When your logged in, search for fe1 results - it should throw up three different links to the results. The third link down the page worked for me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Mine is ok to login online and the results are up on it.

Anyone else got theirs working yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Just got mine online. Not sure it's right though as it says I passed 3 out of 3 which means I'm finished. That can't be right as I would have bet the house on failing 2 of them.

I'm going to double-check and make sure that I haven't logged in with someone else's details as my post won't arrive until after 12pm today with written confirmation. If they are different, I take it the postal results are the correct ones, yes?

I can't understand why its telling me I have the wrong username!! I am writing it down as it is!!! can someone post the link they're using in case I'm logging in in the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Well I managed to get my results and I'm ecstatic but also a bit puzzled about the one that I failed.

Constitutional Law - 50
    Criminal Law - 60
    Equity - 43
    Tort - 50

Delighted that I now have 7 of the 8!!!! Constitutional and Tort were barely passed but I'll take it, my Criminal mark being so high surprised the hell out of me.

However I managed to fail equity twice and got the exact same mark each time? Think I'll challenge it this time but starting to get the feeling that this subject is my achilles heel.

Anyway, I hope everyone gets good news, and if not go out and drown your sorrows. I know that I'm gonna have a few tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

Consitutional - 59
    EU - 64

I finally have all 8 after 5 sittings. i genuinely cant believe it after answering 2 questions on the wring topic in constitional and doing them for the april sittings which i found to be extremely difficult esp the eu paper!!

BLACKHALL PLACE HERE I COME!!

thanks to everyone on this for being there through all the grief of these exams!! :):)

SESSION!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

Just got mine online. Not sure it's right though as it says I passed 3 out of 3 which means I'm finished. That can't be right as I would have bet the house on failing 2 of them.

I'm going to double-check and make sure that I haven't logged in with someone else's details as my post won't arrive until after 12pm today with written confirmation. If they are different, I take it the postal results are the correct ones, yes?

Same I think I'm done too but 64 in constitutional??Seems too good to be true!!I was self taught in it also!

Out the gap! Delighted!

Was much more of a reader than a contributor here but it was a genuinely great help over the past 3 years, and the last year in particular when I finally started putting the work in.

Thanks everyone. To those with more ahead, keep the faith!

brannid3 wrote: »
    Same I think I'm done too but 64 in constitutional??Seems too good to be true!!I was self thought in it also!

i was aswell and i cant believe the results thought i would pass on the button, if at all! who cares were going to dublin :)

Milkypops wrote: »
    i was aswell and i cant believe the results thought i would pass on the button, if at all! who cares were going to dublin :)

Congratulations to us haha !!

what do we do now??

Milkypops wrote: »
    what do we do now??

Find a sol to train me! (never thought I'd pass these so never thought of looking)!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkvibes

pinkvibes wrote: »
    Thinking about repeating already. Does definition of a crime question come up in every criminal exam? Also does anyone know what came up in contract please?

Bump

Does anyone know if the letter saying we've passed all 8 arrives today with the April results or do we have to request it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

Over the first hurdle! Phew. I know ive 4 more to go but the relief of getting passed three is imense

dandadub wrote: »
    Over the first hurdle! Phew. I know ive 4 more to go but the relief of getting passed three is imense

Is this your first time doing them?? Just did mine for the first time and I failed... feel a bit deflated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CRM1

5 out of 5, absolutely relieved and delighted. A huge contrast to the last time I got these results.

brannid3 wrote: »
    Find a sol to train me! (never thought I'd pass these so never thought of looking)!

il be at the office that gave me the apprenticeship 3 years this novemeber....as it took me 5 sittings to get all 8....the boss is only delighted haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Does anyone have any tips on how they studied for their exams now which were successful from experience? Is it best to prepare essays on large topics or just learn the topics very broadly?! Also, any up to date grids around for company/contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Firstly congratulations to all those of you who have these exams done and dusted!

I sat my first four in April and ended up passing the magic 3. If you had offered me the 3 passes before I sat these exams I would have snapped your hand off but in the end I was really disappointed to not pass all 4. I felt the exams went really well and even though I had never sat them before, and therefore didn't know the exact standard expected, I was convinced I had them all passed. Not only did I think I had them passed but I expected to get around 55%-60%. In the end I got the bare 50% in the three I passed (Equity, Criminal and Contract). Property was my best subject in college and it's supposedly one of the easier subjects in the FE-1's. I remember reading on here that posters had passed it despite only attempting 4 out of the 5 questions. The examiner reports did place an emphasis on attempting the 5 Q's but didn't suggest that a high standard was required. I felt on the day it went well and I answered 5 good Q's but in the end I only got 46%.

I am looking for advice from anyone who has had papers re-checked before. I remember reading on here (it may have been the old FE-1 thread) that there is a certain range of results that are worth getting re-checked. Apparently if you get 48-49 it is re-checked as a matter of course so if you haven't been given 50% already there is little point in getting it re-checked. I read that anything from 43-47 would be worth getting checked again. Has anybody on here gotten 46% or lower before and had it successfully re-checked? Also do you get any feed back on your paper if you do it re-checked?

Apologies for the wall of text and thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cyclestudent

Redo91 wrote: »
    Firstly congratulations to all those of you who have these exams done and dusted!

I sat my first four in April and ended up passing the magic 3. If you had offered me the 3 passes before I sat these exams I would have snapped your hand off but in the end I was really disappointed to not pass all 4. I felt the exams went really well and even though I had never sat them before, and therefore didn't know the exact standard expected, I was convinced I had them all passed. Not only did I think I had them passed but I expected to get around 55%-60%. In the end I got the bare 50% in the three I passed (Equity, Criminal and Contract). Property was my best subject in college and it's supposedly one of the easier subjects in the FE-1's. I remember reading on here that posters had passed it despite only attempting 4 out of the 5 questions. The examiner reports did place an emphasis on attempting the 5 Q's but didn't suggest that a high standard was required. I felt on the day it went well and I answered 5 good Q's but in the end I only got 46%.

I am looking for advice from anyone who has had papers re-checked before. I remember reading on here (it may have been the old FE-1 thread) that there is a certain range of results that are worth getting re-checked. Apparently if you get 48-49 it is re-checked as a matter of course so if you haven't been given 50% already there is little point in getting it re-checked. I read that anything from 43-47 would be worth getting checked again. Has anybody on here gotten 46% or lower before and had it successfully re-checked? Also do you get any feed back on your paper if you do it re-checked?

Apologies for the wall of text and thanks in advance for any help.

Just had a 45 in constitutional rechecked but to no avail unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

Failed 3, passed 1. Back to the drawing board I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

Passed 2, Failed 2
    #gutted
    48 in contract - gonna chance the recheck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dandadub

kiwi33 wrote: »
    Is this your first time doing them?? Just did mine for the first time and I failed... feel a bit deflated!!

No third, thats why i cant believe i did it! Head up man theyre very hard, my advice next time is to go over a chapter then do as many past paper questions as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

dandadub wrote: »
    No third, thats why i cant believe i did it! Head up man theyre very hard, my advice next time is to go over a chapter then do as many past paper questions as you can

I def think that's where I went wrong, I didn't do enough past questions.

• Advertisement

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I def think that's where I went wrong, I didn't do enough past questions.

Ya looking at sample answers is a great help..
    I never practiced doing exam questions though...all they want from you is the main points and leading cases from that topic and I was told if you highlight legislation and caselaw during exam if the examiner can easily pick out these your onto a winner...I finally have all 8 and I def believe it's thanks to the ILAC formula and highlighters!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement