Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭makemecrazy

Hi just from your experience what would you say are the most predictable exams?
    And which ones did you did hardest? Thanks
    saor19 wrote: »
    Hi,

You aren't allowed bring in your own printed version of the acts. You must either buy the book or buy the acts from the state publications office. I'd recommend the book though as it highlights where ammendments have been made at each section & what these are. You are allowed to highlight and tab as much as you want in as many colours as you want but no writing on the sources at all! You can hand in the source the day before (which is what they tell you to do) & it'll be on your desk when you enter the exam hall. Alternatively, in the last few sittings anyway, you could hand in the source on the day and you'd have it half an hour into the exam.

Yep grids show what topics came up in what sittings. Some exams are more predictable than others but I wouldn't rely completely on any of them!

Hope that helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

Hi just from your experience what would you say are the most predictable exams?
    And which ones did you did hardest? Thanks

Well in my opinion, EU and Constitutional are the hardest to predict. In EU, the examiner likes you to know a little about everything while in Constitutional he likes you to know a lot about everything! Both can pick and choose between a lot of topics because the course is so big.
    Property, Equity and Criminal are easier, probably because there isn't as much in them. With Criminal, you can be asked nearly the entire course on one exam but it isn't that difficult. I'd watch out for Property as in April, she really focused in on small areas of the course which she hadn't done before & worded questions differently with a lot of (a) and (b) parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Anyone know if you have a Training Contract signed with a top 10 firm if they reimburse the 105 per exam?

Anyone know if you have a Training Contract signed with a top 10 firm if they reimburse the 105 per exam?

It should be in your contract?

I looked and it did not mention it specifically.

So I was wondering whether this meant it won't happen or it is a generally accepted practice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

It should be in your contract?

Yes it would state in your contract.
    Some firms do some firms don't. It's not a given

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Right I've reached desperation station and have totally confused myself! Can someone remind me as to where I can get the Sale of Goods Act or the Succession Act? And do I need anything else for Property, Company (I'm in the process of trying to get the book), Contract or Equity?

And someone PLEASE calm me down!

I looked and it did not mention it specifically.

So I was wondering whether this meant it won't happen or it is a generally accepted practice?

Mine specifically mentions it but I know others which mentions a bonus on completion of the Fe1s etc.. So if it doesn't mention the Fe1s at all I'd probably guess that they don't intend to pay for them.

Mine specifically mentions it but I know others which mentions a bonus on completion of the Fe1s etc.. So if it doesn't mention the Fe1s at all I'd probably guess that they don't intend to pay for them.

Cheers, I'll have another look

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

If anyone has up to date exam grid for constitutional and company I would really appreciate it!! There seems to be so much to get through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Legalgrad

Right I've reached desperation station and have totally confused myself! Can someone remind me as to where I can get the Sale of Goods Act or the Succession Act? And do I need anything else for Property, Company (I'm in the process of trying to get the book), Contract or Equity?

And someone PLEASE calm me down!

You ring state publications and pay for the official Act over the phone and it is sent out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 serenity10

Hi everyone,
    I'm sitting 4 FE1s next March. I'm struggling with my handwriting speed: I can only get 13 pages written in 3 hour exams. Could this be sufficient when answering 5 Q's, or am I in serious danger of now writing enough. I am cognisant of the quality v. Quantity argument, but still I'm quite anxious about this difficulty. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭safc_pete

serenity10 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I'm sitting 4 FE1s next March. I'm struggling with my handwriting speed: I can only get 13 pages written in 3 hour exams. Could this be sufficient when answering 5 Q's, or am I in serious danger of now writing enough. I am cognisant of the quality v. Quantity argument, but still I'm quite anxious about this difficulty. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

I'm much the same as you. Focus on getting as much detail as possible into what you can write. Use ILAC and make sure you don't waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Hi all,

anyone know for EU law which one is better for the exam purpose?

''The Consolidated European Union Treaties and Charter of Fundamental Rights, as published
    by the Office of Official Publications of the EU (2010 editions); or
    Foster, (Ed), Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation, 23rd
    Ed, (2012–2013), Blackstone; or
    Rudden & Wyatt, EU Treaties and Legislation, 9th
    Ed, (2004), Oxford University Press''

How much are they? and does it worth to bring it in? I found the Company Acts (student one) useful and wondering is it the same for EU?

Also can anyone share their experience about EU and Constitutional law? Taking 4 exams this time,working at the moment and I will have 5 weeks before the exams for full time study,am i cutting it really tight? I have been sort of studying here and there for two subjects and have not started with EU or Cons and they were suppose to be the harder ones... just little worried..

can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

anyone know for EU law which one is better for the exam purpose?

''The Consolidated European Union Treaties and Charter of Fundamental Rights, as published
    by the Office of Official Publications of the EU (2010 editions); or
    Foster, (Ed), Blackstone’s EU Treaties & Legislation, 23rd
    Ed, (2012–2013), Blackstone; or
    Rudden & Wyatt, EU Treaties and Legislation, 9th
    Ed, (2004), Oxford University Press''

How much are they? and does it worth to bring it in? I found the Company Acts (student one) useful and wondering is it the same for EU?

Also can anyone share their experience about EU and Constitutional law? Taking 4 exams this time,working at the moment and I will have 5 weeks before the exams for full time study,am i cutting it really tight? I have been sort of studying here and there for two subjects and have not started with EU or Cons and they were suppose to be the harder ones... just little worried..

can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you :)

I had the Blackstones version and found it really useful..got it off a friend so didnt pay for it fortunately! i answered a whole question on mergers with the treaties book!

Its not that EU and constitutional are harder but they are larger than most topics and you basically have to learn the whole course id be trying to do as much as i can in the evenings just to familiarise yourself with the subjects....i did eu and constitutional together as my last two and had 2 months off for them but it all depends on how well you can knuckle down for those 5 weeks really! what are your other 2 subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Milkypops wrote: »
    I had the Blackstones version and found it really useful..got it off a friend so didnt pay for it fortunately! i answered a whole question on mergers with the treaties book!

Its not that EU and constitutional are harder but they are larger than most topics and you basically have to learn the whole course id be trying to do as much as i can in the evenings just to familiarise yourself with the subjects....i did eu and constitutional together as my last two and had 2 months off for them but it all depends on how well you can knuckle down for those 5 weeks really! what are your other 2 subjects?

Hi Milkypops, Thank you for the reply :) I will look in to the Blackstones version.
    I am also doing Contract and Tort, I was planning to sit 5 the last time, but didn't end up sitting contract, I had 80% of the notes done for Contract already, I will just need to fill in a few topics and learn it off.. Haven't looked at those notes since Feb this year though, hopefully they will come back to me :/ For tort I have notes made out for 4 topics. Have not started on EU or Cons. I have signed up to revision courses for the two, have been attending classes, just haven't done anything for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

I am starting the study now for Sept/Oct sittings. I've left it late I know was dealing with a bad mental block since March sittings -I am practically on breadline on Jobbridge so with that in mind I want to ask is it possible to cover three from scratch now and stand a chance? I will have Sept off from work

I'm conscious the deadline is looming so I need to make a decision and do not want to waste money....

I'm thinking company contract and constitutional- I bought all up to date materials -just need consolidated act. I passed Criminal Equity and Property in March, any advice is appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Also could some one please send me an up to date constitutional grid...I would be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Lawstudent007

Midlecat wrote: »
    Also could some one please send me an up to date constitutional grid...I would be grateful

Me too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 charliebabbitt

Hi,

Does anyone know how many weeks before exams do City's free Night Before Notes become available online? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

I'm looking to get hold of grids for the following exams if anybody has them...? Thanks guys :)

- Property
    - E.U.
    - Equity
    - Contract
    - Company
    - Criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hi,

Looking to get a copy of the Companies Acts if anyone has one?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

dashdoll wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Hi, I have a brand new one, never opened, for sale.

This is the link to it:

http://www.adverts.ie/school-college-books/companies-acts-1963-2009-student-edition/6027999

O.N.O

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thatdepends

dashdoll wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.

Hi Dashdoll, I have the companies acts 1963-2009 if your interested in buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

re equity and charitable trusts. Is the charities act 2009 after being fully enacted yet? my Griffith manual iss 11/12 so just not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hi Dashdoll, I have the companies acts 1963-2009 if your interested in buying.

Hiya, how much are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Orlando146

I'm sitting four exams in September, tort, equity, contract and criminal. Having a bit of trouble trying to figure out what to focus on for each. Would anyone have any grids I could look at to try figure out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Orlando146

kel.lynch wrote: »
    I'm looking to get hold of grids for the following exams if anybody has them...? Thanks guys :)

- Property
    - E.U.
    - Equity
    - Contract
    - Company
    - Criminal

Any luck on getting those? I'm looking for some too, even tried buying them from independent colleges!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

Orlando146 wrote: »
    Any luck on getting those? I'm looking for some too, even tried buying them from independent colleges!

Nope, nothing unfortunately. Didn't hear anything anyway. I've started to do my own now instead :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Milkypops

kel.lynch wrote: »
    Nope, nothing unfortunately. Didn't hear anything anyway. I've started to do my own now instead :/

im sending you some there now just let me know can you open?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement