Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

dinemo6 wrote: »
    What has been tipped (using the term lightly) by the prep courses for Company??

What was their recommendations regarding the new Act??

City havent really tipped anything other than possibly a qs re lifting the corporate veil it hasnt come up in a few sittings.

Only real reference needed to the Bill is re the proposed aboliton of the doctrine of ultra vires for private companies. Would need to mention it there but dont think its too relevant anywhere else yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MJW5

Does anyone know if there been any tips for constitutional? So much to cover! Have covered all of fair procedures - speedy trial, good name, wrongfully obtained evidence etc, separation of powers, unenumerated rights doctrine, property rights, right to livelihood, right to die, locus standi, president - any ideas what else i definitely need to cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saor19

City Colleges night-before notes are up!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Legal125

Tresspass to the person and tort.
    I know traditionally contributory neg no defence but case of gaml v william doyle they used it. I am going on memory on this an wondering if anyone has the correct case name / facts. Please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭LawCQ91

Legal125 wrote: »
    Tresspass to the person and tort.
    I know traditionally contributory neg no defence but case of gaml v william doyle they used it. I am going on memory on this an wondering if anyone has the correct case name / facts. Please. Thanks

It's gammell v doyle (2009) and I only have one line notes on it , he was 50% liable for his provocative behaviour .. No idea what he did ! If you find out let me know :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 RUBYKSU

Hey anyone know what topics came up in the last company paper? I would really appreciate it Thanks

LawCQ91 wrote: »
    It's gammell v doyle (2009) and I only have one line notes on it , he was 50% liable for his provocative behaviour .. No idea what he did ! If you find out let me know :p

Thanks found it when I googled he made derogatory remarks.

Are u covering trespass to goods. I had very little on it but see they have it in city night before notes. I'm trying to cover all of tort but worrying now as per

Thanks found it when I googled he made derogatory remarks.

Are u covering trespass to goods. I had very little on it but see they have it in city night before notes. I'm trying to cover all of tort but worrying now as per

I did the revision course with city, he said he only added in the chapter in response to the April paper, which he thought the question contained trespass to goods,but the examiners report did not even mention it at all in his report, so no. To be honest I think it was just added in to cover themselves more than anything! ( incase we sue haha ) I can't see it coming up , I would just know what it is and won't bother with case law in it, it's prob just worth a one line answer in a question .

I am leaving out defamation, employers liability and professional negligence, don't even have basic knowledge on these topics. So I think I am in a worse off position than you :p

I did the revision course with city, he said he only added in the chapter in response to the April paper, which he thought the question contained trespass to goods,but the examiners report did not even mention it at all in his report, so no. To be honest I think it was just added in to cover themselves more than anything! ( incase we sue haha ) I can't see it coming up , I would just know what it is and won't bother with case law in it, it's prob just worth a one line answer in a question .

I am leaving out defamation, employers liability and professional negligence, don't even have basic knowledge on this topics. So I think I am in a worse off position than you :p

Speaking Of taking cases ---- City told me that the revision course was cancelled after I gave my details to pay...I have no idea why they would say it wasn't on if it was... Wtf
    And I really wanted to do it to give me piece of mind.
    Was it good?

Ah I wouldn't say I am. Like my notes on survival of actions are a page and half and my notes on defences are like three so hoping I have sufficient material cos he so hard to predict

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Bertie1986 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for the heads up. It sounds beyond distracting and those few hours are crucial.

I might pass on the lift and get the Luas from town.

Is 9am ok to get there? And what time should I look to get a Luas (8??)

Don't mean to sound like I need hand holding but want to be sure I'm ok re time etc. (one less thing to worry about)

I'd put getting out there in good time way ahead of cramming in the morning.....I love a bit of cramming myself but the last thing you need is to be running late so give yourself plenty time to get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

dashdoll wrote: »
    Wondering is there plenty of parking in the red cow in the morning or is it best to get there early?

Well you should be aiming to avoid the morning traffic anyway so ya if you get out early there will be loads of space

Speaking Of taking cases ---- City told me that the revision course was cancelled after I gave my details to pay...I have no idea why they would say it wasn't on if it was... Wtf
    And I really wanted to do it to give me piece of mind.
    Was it good?

Ah I wouldn't say I am. Like my notes on survival of actions are a page and half and my notes on defences are like three so hoping I have sufficient material cos he so hard to predict

Really? I didn't do the intensive one , I had done the 14 week one. i remembered he mentioned it he only added the chapter on after the April paper, so, I won't worry .

I don't even have survival of actions..oops, maybe i left out more than I thought .. I honestly think you are more than covered, no one covers all the topics, everyone takes chances. Urgh for property I and studied like 8/9 topics and I was more than covered, I could have answered 7 questions on paper! Tort nearly doubles the amount.. So dreadful ...

Really? I didn't do the intensive one , I had done the 14 week one. i remembered he mentioned it he only added the chapter on after the April paper, so, I won't worry .

I don't even have survival of actions..oops, maybe i left out more than I thought .. I honestly think you are more than covered, no one covers all the topics, everyone takes chances. Urgh for property I and studied like 8/9 topics and I was more than covered, I could have answered 7 questions on paper! Tort nearly doubles the amount.. So dreadful ...

Thanks a mil. I meant intensive ah well.
    I am praying it will be a manageable paper. I have company the next day so would be nice to have a good start to them. One can only dream.
    I know some subjects are so worse than others tort is up there in terms of sheer volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

I'm having a total meltdown, spend most of today drinkng tea and day dreaming. I'm getting behind on my revision plan, I just can't seem to get into it today :( help!!!

Thanks a mil. I meant intensive ah well.
    I am praying it will be a manageable paper. I have company the next day so would be nice to have a good start to them. One can only dream.
    I know some subjects are so worse than others tort is up there in terms of sheer volume.

You never know :) I got very lucky with equity the last time! I had plan to sit last four this time.. And I only started studying properly around the 2nd week of august, I really shouldn't have worked during the summer.. Now the thought of having to sit more next March .. Thought doing two would be less stressful.. Nope still awful..and not confident at all! I actually don't know now I emotionally managed my first four..! It's been a dreadful ,bipolar experience and it's like never ending pain !

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bertie1986

S12b wrote: »
    I'd put getting out there in good time way ahead of cramming in the morning.....I love a bit of cramming myself but the last thing you need is to be running late so give yourself plenty time to get out.

So true! Thank You!

These exams are turning me in to an irrational mess, incapable of making even the simplest of decisions..... Ha! Roll on the 2nd October!!

Bayley1 wrote: »
    I'm having a total meltdown, spend most of today drinkng tea and day dreaming. I'm getting behind on my revision plan, I just can't seem to get into it today :( help!!!

Same .. I am a day behind my plan and I am staring Monday :/ I took last night off watching the Lego movie and went for dinner, planned my holidays... And I was so happy !! i think I needed some time off ..still feel very guilty though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

What's wrong with me keep watching TV cannot focus! I've about ten hours work done for company. Here's hoping three days enough to learn off and go through papers :(

I'm getting air coach Tuesday from Cork at 5am to be in Dublin for 8am anyone done that before for exam? Can't justify 80 for ibis when only 35 last time

Midlecat wrote: »
    What's wrong with me keep watching TV cannot focus! I've about ten hours work done for company. Here's hoping three days enough to learn off and go through papers :(

I'm getting air coach Tuesday from Cork at 5am to be in Dublin for 8am anyone done that before for exam? Can't justify 80 for ibis when only 35 last time

Im the same. Literally a nervous wreck too from procrastinating and its my first fe1. Did some online shopping there...what the hell is wrong with me! I could name a max of 10 cases from the course at this point.

Probably not a bad idea with air coach as ay least you can put in earplugs and study on the way up and get dropped off at red cow stop.

Beats trying to study in the hotel lobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭FE1 student

Bayley1 wrote: »

I am having the same trouble. Studying company law and nothing is going in. I am willing myself to keep at it but my head has had enough. Can't take a break if i feel I have not taken in anything. Can't wait to get my life back.

• Advertisement

This is my second set and I just can't start and I was so motivated last time. Its absolutely shocking I left it this late. I'm just hoping now the next three days will focus me. I have some notes done but that's it - anyone done company on three days and passed....:(...

I did three in march and passed but barely and they went so bad on the day only got 3/4 questions done on each due to time/crap papers and I had a good bit more work done for them than this. I think that's why I did nothing this time as I feel you can pick a few topics and get lucky which is what happened with Equity or you can work hard and fail or barely scrape it which happened with the others I did and now I'm totally complacent even though my job dependant on me passing and everyone constantly asking me how's going.

I am having the same trouble. Studying company law and nothing is going in. I am willing myself to keep at it but my head has had enough. Can't take a break if i feel I have not taken in anything. Can't wait to get my life back.

Sometimes if u take an actual proper break & go back, a lot more goes in than when u stay at it when ur mind needs the break.

How many are you doing ? If you have an other exam the day after I wouldn't .. You be too tired ! If not sounds fine .. Aircoach is petty comfy you can defo get some study done :) You can get off in Hueston, then get the luas over? Just sounds like so much effort though

How many are you doing ? If you have an other exam the day after I wouldn't .. You be too tired ! If not sounds fine .. Aircoach is petty comfy you can defo get some study done :) You can get off in Hueston, then get the luas over? Just sounds like so much effort though
    Yea I know company on Tuesday and contract Friday constitutional Friday week so a fee in between. I've so little done for it that id rather keep the €240 and pay for resits. I have to get off at O'Connell bridge at eight, only stop in city coming from cork then get luas from abbey St to red cow hand in legislation for nine and ready to go. Ugh. Thoughts of it. But only costing €20 return could drive but want to study so bus is best. Why's the ibis gone up so much? 2 sittngs last time I suppose

Yea I know company on Tuesday and contract Friday constitutional Friday week so a fee in between. I've so little done for it that id rather keep the €240 and pay for resits. I have to get off at O'Connell bridge at eight, only stop in city coming from cork then get luas from abbey St to red cow hand in legislation for nine and ready to go. Ugh. Thoughts of it. But only costing €20 return could drive but want to study so bus is best. Why's the ibis gone up so much? 2 sittngs last time I suppose

I always get the aircoach back home to cork and back up , I am nearly certain they would stop in heuston for you if you ask, just say you have an exam and you are under time pressure, the drivers are usually nice. It would save you at least 15min-20min in the morning :) . Defo worth asking, No point in heading into town and get the luas from abbey street, when you can get the luas from heuston :D

I always get the aircoach back home to cork and back up , I am nearly certain they would stop in heuston for you if you ask, just say you have an exam and you are under time pressure, the drivers are usually nice. It would save you at least 15min-20min in the morning :) . Defo worth asking, No point in heading into town and get the luas from abbey street, when you can get the luas from heuston :D

Cheers will def ask though at five am I don't know how accommodating the driver will be :|

Cheers will def ask though at five am I don't know how accommodating the driver will be :|

I have seen people doing it loads times before :) so defo .. Or esle just fake some tears and make him awkward :p

I have seen people doing it loads times before :) so defo .. Or esle just fake some tears and make him awkward :p

Ha I'd say real tears at that stage. Watching countdown 9/10 cats. Alarm set for six in morning. Next three days will be intense :)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what aspect of directors might be examined in Company? Getting a bit desperate!

Plan on covering the following:
    SLP
    Ultra Vires
    Ostensible Authority
    Share Transfer
    Minority Shareholder Protection
    Corp Borrowing
    Distribution of Assets
    Restriction of Directors
    Directors Duties

Think I will leave out liquidation.

Any thoughts on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Anybody who has stayed in the Red Cow before know how strict they are about check out time??

Will you have to check out before the exam or can you do it at half 12 no?

Must ring them to check but wanted to see what others did with previous sittings....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement