Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JCx

Is there any chance of having legislative material handed in first thing before the exam? For those travelling up on the day???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Anyone have a decent method of shortening/remembering the principles governing s117 applications from Re ABC Deceased?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

JCx wrote: »
    Is there any chance of having legislative material handed in first thing before the exam? For those travelling up on the day???

Yes, I asked the woman in charge by email a few weeks ago and she said:

"The publications must be handed in the day before the examination. You could hand them in on the morning of the examination but the invigilators could not guarantee at what stage during the examination they would be able to return them to you.

You can add tabs but you cannot write on those tabs.

You can bring in any of the publications included on our list of permitted legislation. You cannot bring into the examination any material printed from the internet."

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

I feel sick I just got this email from law soc

'Please note legislation cannot be handed in on the morning of an exam due to the high volume of candidates.  Legislation can be dropped to the venue the day before the exam between 9.30 am to 12.30pm. It does not have to be dropped in by you personally if this is of any assistance.'

I'll just have to chance it tomorrow and see if they take it - no time to learn off sections at this stage.

• Advertisement

Maybe they send that every year to stop people who can drop it off the day before from being lazy about it?

Maybe they send that every year to stop people who can drop it off the day before from being lazy about it?

I hope so as I only got the email today after 12.30 which wasn't off much assistance. I will have to chance it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OJ4

hey can some of you help me out.....was the answer for Q8 in tort today vicarious liability....god i knew so much about it ...but some how second guessed myself and said it cant be in the exam today....someone want to put me out of my misery? also was the Q about Valerie and liability for the horse...would you get some marks for just talking duty of care and mention negligent children but dont mention case names on children....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Riverp10

Midlecat wrote: »
    I'll just have to chance it tomorrow and see if they take it - no time to learn off sections at this stage.

I passed company in March without the Acts, it's not a death knell don't worry

You don't need to be able to quote the Act directly, just know what sections apply to what

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

They didnt even bother to email me!

• Advertisement

dashdoll wrote: »

I emailed to confirm it last week only got response today

dashdoll wrote: »

I didn't get one either.

I am starting to panic. I have property and contract this week and I feel like I don't know anything. I don't have my own notes, just the manuals. Why oh why did I let it get to this stage?!

Anybody who did a prep course - were there any specific topics tipped for Company Law tomorrow??

Feel like I should be panicking but can't seem to get myself into the mindset that the exam is tomorrow morning!! Maybe it will kick in a 6am tomorrow!! Argh...

kel.lynch wrote: »
    Anybody who did a prep course - were there any specific topics tipped for Company Law tomorrow??

Feel like I should be panicking but can't seem to get myself into the mindset that the exam is tomorrow morning!! Maybe it will kick in a 6am tomorrow!! Argh...

How are you fixed? I've only two topics revised and nothing going in at all

How are you fixed? I've only two topics revised and nothing going in at all

Feel like I know you at this point Midlecat from your posts on here!! Hehe :D I'll be thinking of you taking your bus at 5am and wishing you luck trying to put your legislation in first thing in the morning. I'll be there from about 8am I think.

I did a trial run of getting in this morning and brought in my legislation, I'm up at 6am! The ladies taking the legislation seemed really nice though so that kind of settled me a little.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have learned specifics of sections rather than going for a general overview. I'm not sure whether that is wise or not, I suppose I'll find out tomorrow. Just going through past papers there seemed to be a pretty clear repeat of sections and topics so that's what I moved towards. In terms of study, I've gone over my notes and pulled the main points, cases and sections. I have those written on sheets and am just repeating them over and over and over, then getting my boyfriend to test me.

I am straight out of my undergrad, so if all else fails, I'm hoping for a little divine intervention and that things my lecturer said whilst I sat in the middle of the class eating chocolate will spontaneously arrive back in my brain...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mileyt

I feel sick I just got this email from law soc

'Please note legislation cannot be handed in on the morning of an exam due to the high volume of candidates.  Legislation can be dropped to the venue the day before the exam between 9.30 am to 12.30pm. It does not have to be dropped in by you personally if this is of any assistance.'

h I I was there today, couldn't take my printed stuff so had to get book said I can drop in morning so it shoujd be fine :)

kel.lynch wrote: »
    Feel like I know you at this point Midlecat from your posts on here!! Hehe :D I'll be thinking of you taking your bus at 5am and wishing you luck trying to put your legislation in first thing in the morning. I'll be there from about 8am I think.

I did a trial run of getting in this morning and brought in my legislation, I'm up at 6am! The ladies taking the legislation seemed really nice though so that kind of settled me a little.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have learned specifics of sections rather than going for a general overview. I'm not sure whether that is wise or not, I suppose I'll find out tomorrow. Just going through past papers there seemed to be a pretty clear repeat of sections and topics so that's what I moved towards. In terms of study, I've gone over my notes and pulled the main points, cases and sections. I have those written on sheets and am just repeating them over and over and over, then getting my boyfriend to test me.

I am straight out of my undergrad, so if all else fails, I'm hoping for a little divine intervention and that things my lecturer said whilst I sat in the middle of the class eating chocolate will spontaneously arrive back in my brain...

Lol thanks. :) you sound like you have it sorted I'm narrowing down big time still only really reading through notes so I'll try learn off in the morning. I'm covering restriction/duties/SLP/borrowing/minority and share transfer & if time authority and realisation of assets so cutting it tight:(

Best of luck if u see someone having a major barney with old lady collecting legislation you'll know who it is ha ha ;)

Lol thanks. :) you sound like you have it sorted I'm narrowing down big time still only really reading through notes so I'll try learn off in the morning. I'm covering restriction/duties/SLP/borrowing/minority and share transfer & if time authority and realisation of assets so cutting it tight:(

Best of luck if u see someone having a major barney with old lady collecting legislation you'll know who it is ha ha ;)

Hey - just dropping you a direct message on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

OJ4 wrote: »
    hey can some of you help me out.....was the answer for Q8 in tort today vicarious liability....god i knew so much about it ...but some how second guessed myself and said it cant be in the exam today....someone want to put me out of my misery? also was the Q about Valerie and liability for the horse...would you get some marks for just talking duty of care and mention negligent children but dont mention case names on children....

Heya, I came out of the exam feeling the same way. 3 questions were worded so strangely it was really hard to tell what exactly he was looking for! I went with vicarious liability for the last question, but it seemed odd to be asking about liability for Melaines actions when it had been Thelma who was the wrongdoer I thought. I didnt go the question re injury to the horse as I really couldnt tell what it was about - trespass to chattels maybe? Also for the one on the laptop, another strangely worded question, I initially though product liability but I went with negligence, causation and a bit of economic loss. Not sure about any of them but hopefully. Would welcome anyone elses thoughts on the paper today!

Hi all, is it looked down upon to just turn up and attempt an exam. Thinking of doing for company law haven't a chance. Maybe just focus on remaining three. I'd have to sit up all night to even try pass this my own fault :(

• Advertisement

Mileyt wrote: »
    Hi all, is it looked down upon to just turn up and attempt an exam. Thinking of doing for company law haven't a chance. Maybe just focus on remaining three. I'd have to sit up all night to even try pass this my own fault :(

When you put pen to paper more sense may flow out than you think... Head up, it's one night! I'm the same and have three topics yet to cover! :)

A lot more then we think are in the same boat I would say!

When you put pen to paper more sense may flow out than you think... Head up, it's one night! I'm the same and have three topics yet to cover! :)

A lot more then we think are in the same boat I would say!

True, thanks :) Im on third topic directors note taking..Will have to learn off cases in morning . Disaster :@ think il be going in with five topics pushing it..

True, thanks :) Im on third topic directors note taking..Will have to learn off cases in morning . Disaster :@ think il be going in with five topics pushing it..

Listen I'm the same stick at it. Pulling all nighter. Nothing to lose. Directors. restriction borrowing. Minority. Share transfer. SLP. Should stand you a chance of three good ones Caffeine tablets taken about to shower now to wake me up. I went in to equity with nothing done and passed.

That one of my topics yet to do. I have it wrote out but avoiding it I think.
    So far I've done
    Examinership
    Restriction
    Separate Legal Entity
    Corporate Authority
    Transfer of Shares
    .... In the middle of Shareholder protection
    And have yet to finish borrowing and do Directors....

Someone tell me this is wise?! I think my memory strength just fails me at times. There shall be reams of blurb on the booklet tomorrow 😂

Thanks guys for words of wisdom :) I just keep thinking I should keep my strength for property cause if do all nighter tomorrow will be a blow out lol. I think best you can do now is what you have done and a good job...directors is straight forward just huge with case law so many of the :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Bayley1

That one of my topics yet to do. I have it wrote out but avoiding it I think.
    So far I've done
    Examinership
    Restriction
    Separate Legal Entity
    Corporate Authority
    Transfer of Shares
    .... In the middle of Shareholder protection
    And have yet to finish borrowing and do Directors....

Someone tell me this is wise?! I think my memory strength just fails me at times. There shall be reams of blurb on the booklet tomorrow 😂

I've been at company all day, well in between daydreaming and tea drinking. I just can't retain the case names. Have to head to sleep now I'm exhausted but alarm is set for 5.30 :-( I've shortened each topic down to 2 pages so hopefully something will go in tomorrow
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭FE1 EXAMS 2013

Could somebody please help me with adverse possession on the issue of 2 periods being added together? Are you able to use another persons period?

Confused/exhausted/can't understand anything anymore.com

Could somebody please help me with adverse possession on the issue of 2 periods being added together? Are you able to use another persons period?

Confused/exhausted/can't understand anything anymore.com

AFAIK, yes, you can, as long as there's no lapse. I believe a lapse would need to be six months of the property being vacant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kildaregal

Hi, would anyone be able to send me a copy of the march 2014 contract paper and the march and April 2014 contract reports? If I pass contract Friday I am finished the fe1s finally and can help you out with any past papers etc you need then for march...TIA!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭vickyplumx

With regards to adverse possession is sending a solicitors letter sufficient to reassert ownership? Is there a case for that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement