Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheels for a dog with a broken back

• 20-03-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. My King Charles dog got knocked down by a car it looks like her back is broken. We won't know for sure for a few weeks. The vet suggested these wheels if we can get them cheap. I've tried on line but they are €300. I can't afford that. Can anyone help me. I would try making them but I'm afraid I'm not very good that way. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Sorry about your dog :(
    They're a bit cheaper on ebay? You could use parcel motel to save on postage.

There's a dog that goes to our hydro place that has one - she has page on FB so you could maybe give them a shout and ask where they got theirs? https://www.facebook.com/RositaTheBullyDog?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Rosita got hers from the wonderful Jim Colla at Dog Wheels in the UK. http://www.dogswheels.com/

He had a second-hand cart that he'd donated to a Staffie previously. It had come back to him when that dog had gone to Rainbow Bridge and he adjusted it to fit Rosita when he heard of her plight from her then foster mum, now owner.

Might be worth seeing if he has a second-hand cart lying around which wouldn't cost you a fortune.

Rosita also has a special harness which they use to help lift her so she can walk when she's not in her cart. Perhaps that might be a better and cheaper option until you can sort out a cart although I'm presuming your dog will be on very restrictive crate rest until they figure out if her back is broken or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks for these answers guys.

Advertisement