Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait time for tourist visa

Options
  • 20-03-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody here has had to apply for a tourist visa into the states. How long did it take to get?

The GF is from country not on the waiver list and I have been offered tickets for event in end of May.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It depends on her country and her application. Where is she from?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

From Brazil, She just got her student visa renewed for the year a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

There's a lot of detail on the US Embassy website for Brazil. She will have to complete the forms and make an appointment with the US embassy in Dublin. Currently, according to Dublin website, there's an 18 day wait for an appointment (probably due to all the J1 visa appointments) and a 3 day wait for visas. I would book the appointment asap and organize all the paper work after that (obviously before the appointment).

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Thanks for that. I found the US Embassy website overwhelming.

Advertisement