Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Openeing times in Cresent - not the foody place

• 20-03-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

The one across the the way with theelectrical goods.

Anybody know its opening hours on wednesday ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

According to the Tesco website, they remain open until midnight.

http://www.tesco.com/storeLocator.roi/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Cheers but i think that may be the super market section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There is a contact telephone phone number for the store on the website, it might be worth giving them a call so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Yep they eventually answered the phone.

Its 10 pm just in case anybody else neeeds to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Yep they eventually answered the phone.

Its 10 pm just in case anybody else neeeds to know.
    If you were stuck stuck, it's all the one in Coonagh so if you really needed a toaster at 3am...

• Advertisement

langdang wrote: »
    If you were stuck stuck, it's all the one in Coonagh so if you really needed a toaster at 3am...

I couldn't sleep one night when I was living near there so I went to Tesco and bought 2 DVDs, munch and a R/C car at 4AM :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Anyone know what the story is or was with the 24 hour opening times ?

I had thought at one point in time at the crescent that the Tesco units (not including the other shops) were supposed to be open 24 hours a day. I never had the need to go shopping in the middle of the night so never tried the 24 hour service but passed by the place a few times and saw no doors open going back a year or three.

Did this not work out and the place reverted back to non-24-hour hours ?

EDIT: google is my friend http://www.herald.ie/news/tesco-shuts-allnight-shopping-in-23-stores-27908507.html
    WOW! that was back in 2009 had not realized it was so long ago felt like just a few months ago.
    ~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

shaaane wrote: »

I couldn't sleep one night when I was living near there so I went to Tesco and bought 2 DVDs, munch and a R/C car at 4AM :o
    Like something id do too. Dunnes childers road is 24 hr too, at least around Christmas but I think its year round?

Can't get no sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

bullets wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is or was with the 24 hour opening times ?

I had thought at one point in time at the crescent that the Tesco units (not including the other shops) were supposed to be open 24 hours a day. I never had the need to go shopping in the middle of the night so never tried the 24 hour service but passed by the place a few times and saw no doors open going back a year or three.

Did this not work out and the place reverted back to non-24-hour hours ?

EDIT: google is my friend http://www.herald.ie/news/tesco-shuts-allnight-shopping-in-23-stores-27908507.html
    WOW! that was back in 2009 had not realized it was so long ago felt like just a few months ago.
    ~B

The Crescent store was 24 hour up until last year. I found it very handy working in a pub do stop in on the way home sometimes. There was always a few in there even at 2 or 3am but there was a lot of staff too so obviously didnt pay to keep it open through the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

langdang wrote: »
    Like something id do too. Dunnes childers road is 24 hr too, at least around Christmas but I think its year round?

Can't get no sleep!

I think they close at midnight these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

the only 24 hour as far i know left in limerick is tesco out in coonagh mad to think only a few years ago they were all 24 hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

the only 24 hour as far i know left in limerick is tesco out in coonagh mad to think only a few years ago they were all 24 hour

It's hard to justify paying staff and energy bills to keep a place open for only a handful of customers after midnight these days.

Advertisement