Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was anyone at Enslaved on Saturday?

Options
  • 20-03-2013 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic show ;)

I thought it was awesome to hear them play Convoys to Nothingness, I would have liked to hear them play a bit more older material, but I'm not complaining because they're a band that just go from strength to strength and are consistently fantastic. We were right up the front, managed to snap a few pics as they started:

JzBd83Xl.jpg

Was nearly close enough to get poked in the eye with Isdal's nipples :p

ScNzEy2l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yes, it was an outstanding gig. Really enjoyed it. Enslaved were superb. Great sound in the button Factory again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Delighted to have finally seen them. Ruun and Ethica Odini were the highlights for me.
    Agreed that the sound was savage.Path to Vanir would have been nice but I was happy enough with the setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have to say that Grutle's knowledge of Ireland and the cupla focail as gaeilge created a great rapport with the crowd. Apparently he really likes Ireland and is over here from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Passenger wrote: »
    Have to say that Grutle's knowledge of Ireland and the cupla focail as gaeilge created a great rapport with the crowd. Apparently he really likes Ireland and is over here from time to time.
    yup, he was over here to see Rush in the O2 as well, ran into him a couple of times then, absolutely great guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yeah I was on the barrier too - thought Enslaved were amazing, great band, great performance and a terrific attitude.......hope it's not too long before they are back ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement