Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

royal canal angling clubs

Options
  • 20-03-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering, if I wanted to fish around the ashtown stretch of the royal would I be run off by people who are members of an angling club around that area?? Any info much appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

No u should have no hassle as there is no permit required to fish the canals, but always return ur catch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering, if I wanted to fish around the ashtown stretch of the royal would I be run off by people who are members of an angling club around that area?? Any info much appriciated

I don't know much about the Royal Canal up that area, but generally speaking you will have no trouble fishing. The only common exception I see from time to time is when there is an upcoming competition, the local club may request certain stretches be rested. Signage is generally erected to this effect!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Cheers lads, was think that myself but figured the clubs would be aiming for course fish but I'd be targeting some pike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

I live in Ashtown. Never seen any sign of a club in the area.

Let us know how you get on after the pike. I haven't bothered fishing it in a good while, so I have no idea what's there at the moment.

Best of luck.
    A.

Fiacha, it's club recently set up under Dublin fishing initiative, I have some contact info at home, i'll dig it out over the weekend an pm ya with it!! Prob be next week that I'll get a chance to go out but will post the results here when I do!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Thanks Gumbo.

I'm not really into the course fishing anymore. I'm 100% lure and fly these days. I''ll check out the club, as I'd be happy to help out with any work / cleanup days they have planned etc.

A.

Think i'll have a go for some pike this afternoon if this Sun stays put!! Any tips?? Dead bait, spinners or lures??

Advertisement