Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debt Card usage abroad

Options
  • 20-03-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if this can be cleared up for me. Heading to Amsterdam tomorrow and was wondering about my Visa Debt card usage over there.

At the minute I have money in my account but will be withdrawing it tonight so when I am over there the account will be empty until Monday when I get paid.

Will the card work as normal over there if there is no money in the account, in other words the money withdrawn comes from my overdraft.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Gintonious,

Your card should work anywhere you see the Visa symbol. It will operate the same as when you are in Ireland so if you have no funds in your account but you do have an overdraft facility, you can still withdraw.

As Amsterdam is in the Eurozone, there is no extra charge for using your card there.

I hope you have a pleasant trip.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement