Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RADIO ALARM MONITORING

Options
  • 20-03-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ok so i have asked a few companies about getting radio monitoring of a visonic powermaster 10 alarm for a friend as they have no landline and not getting one,so was thinking of using this along with a gsm dialler.one company has said" the visonic alarms have no external outputs to connect to the alarm and its contact id reporting does not transmit in the recognized format and is unable to send signals over the radio network"..now as far as im aware both powermaster 10 and 30 have one external output!!.not sure on the id reporting situation? .can anybody clarify if they have had visonic alarms monitored over the long range radio method?.also this company said they are the only ones monitoring with this service .i think maybe there is more not sure?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Powermaster 10 has no outpus AFAIK.
    For long range or mesh radio monitoring via central station you can send contact ID signals from the digi via an interface card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

bazbrady wrote: »
    Ok so i have asked a few companies about getting radio monitoring of a visonic powermaster 10 alarm for a friend as they have no landline and not getting one,so was thinking of using this along with a gsm dialler.one company has said" the visonic alarms have no external outputs to connect to the alarm and its contact id reporting does not transmit in the recognized format and is unable to send signals over the radio network"..now as far as im aware both powermaster 10 and 30 have one external output!!.not sure on the id reporting situation? .can anybody clarify if they have had visonic alarms monitored over the long range radio method?.also this company said they are the only ones monitoring with this service .i think maybe there is more not sure?

The complete uses a different format to contact a monitoring station as it does not display call monitoring. The system does send an abort signal instead.
    Not sure if an output card can be added to the poermaster system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    The complete uses a different format to contact a monitoring station as it does not display call monitoring. The system does send an abort signal instead.
    Not sure if an output card can be added to the poermaster system.
    Output is built into the Powermaster 30. An output card can not be added to the Powermaster 10.
    An interface card could be added to either for Mesh & Long Range Radio.

Yes I know, 1 output.
    Have you tested the interface card on the Visonic systems?

altor wrote: »
    Yes I know, 1 output.
    Have you tested the interface card on the Visonic systems?

Yes I have some installed with radios.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes I have some installed with radios.

Using contact id?

Yes. As far as I remember.

Dont think that gives the abort signal to the monitoring station. fast format from what I can remember.

Not FF. Definitely is able to send zone that had activated.

I have them set on fast format as it was the only one that would send the abort signal when I was setting them up. It needs the abort as it does not display call monitoring on the display of the control panel. It has nothing to do with the zones being sent.

• Advertisement

If there is just the radio then that's an option. I would prefer the station getting SIA or contact Id.

Me too as fast format is an older option.
    The system needs to be able to send an abort if it does not display call monitoring.
    Andy said to try the Fast Format and that is what worked.
    The other formats did not send the abort.

Advertisement