Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Wireless Connector + 1month sky movies free

• 20-03-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭

I called Sky this evening to purchase the Sky Wireless connector for their on demand services. I was expecting to pay €12.99 but was told that to celebrate the launch of their new Sky Disney movie channel it was free of charge. Not only that but that I could get Sky movies free for a month. It ends up being 2 months free as when you call to cancel in a months time you get the cancellation month free too.

Comments

Just after getting it myself, thanks greendom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Just ring up and ask for a free connector so?

JustLen wrote: »
    I was looking at getting the connector and asked how much, when they looked at my account they gave me the free offer the OP has posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's what worked for me :)

What number did ye ring? Telling me its closed but they could have closed just befor 11?

• Advertisement

What number did ye ring? Telling me its closed but they could have closed just befor 11?
    0818 719 819

Does this offer only apply to your main box? The movies are now active for me on my main box and not on my multiroom box.

15 mins on the phone with them and I couldnt get the free Disney channel or the wireless connector

Also told her id buy the wireless connector as I wanted it anyway but she would only give it for 21.50 sterling

Just to update, I rang back giving out about the first woman i spoke to. Said it was unacceptable that she was trying to charge me 21.50 sterling for something thats advertised online for 12.99.

The chap put me on hold and came back to say he woild give me movies free for 2 months and a free wireless connector :-)

Also said I can ring up in a month and cancel my movie subscription which I will do! Happy days thanks OP

Just to update, I rang back giving out about the first woman i spoke to. Said it was unacceptable that she was trying to charge me 21.50 sterling for something thats advertised online for 12.99.

The chap put me on hold and came back to say he woild give me movies free for 2 months and a free wireless connector :-)

Also said I can ring up in a month and cancel my movie subscription which I will do! Happy days thanks OP

Great - sorry it took a bit of bother to get there

hellboy99 wrote: »
    0818 719 819

Does this offer only apply to your main box? The movies are now active for me on my main box and not on my multiroom box.

I don't have multi-room so I can't answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Don't get too excited about that Wireless Box. I gave up trying to get it to talk to my Eircom Netipia modem..

greendom wrote: »

Great - sorry it took a bit of bother to get there

No bother, worked out better anyway as I ended up getting 2 months of free movies.

I dont have eircom or a netopia browser so fingers crossed it will connect to my hotspot. Its free anyway so no loss if it doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Saw this as i was running out the door.. Thanks OP, gonna try it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Called at 9.15 and got straight through. Said I was just looking for more info on the Wireless Connector. He took my details and then said they were offering a free month of Sky Movies to celebrate the launch of the Disney Channel. Along with the free month they are giving away the Wireless Connector too. I said thanks very much and ordered one.

Will call back in a month to cancel the movies. I asked if I could spread the word the family members and he said no problem as long as they don't currently have the Movies package.

Thanks very much OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Couldn't get the deal :(

Was not able to give me free movies as I already have subscribed to the half price Sky offer last year (don't have a movie subscrition) and not able to "stack" offers

as rightly pointed out, everyone subscribes using some form of offer!!

Not sure I believe him TBH :rolleyes:

Anyone been able to get this while on the half price offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

could you still get the wireless connector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

I could get the connector if I paid for it,

was not "eligible" for the movies offer, so therefore not eligible for the free connector either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rang up and was told that I need to take on the Movies package before I can get the connector for free..

.. otherwise, it's €12.99 for the connector.

Typical call center scenario of it depends who you get..

shoite. i have movies but want the connector. i'll ring later and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Just got this. Thanks for the heads up OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annash

Couldn't get the deal :(

Was not able to give me free movies as I already have subscribed to the half price Sky offer last year (don't have a movie subscrition) and not able to "stack" offers

as rightly pointed out, everyone subscribes using some form of offer!!

Not sure I believe him TBH :rolleyes:

Anyone been able to get this while on the half price offer?

I was told exact same thing this morning so didn't bother in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Just rang to "enquire" and got the sky movies + connector, thanks OP!
    Will be great for the Easter holidays.

eta - oh boo, the on demand only works with hd box, we have the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Masala wrote: »
    Don't get too excited about that Wireless Box. I gave up trying to get it to talk to my Eircom Netipia modem..
    Do a search in this thread and you'll find out how to get it to work:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056534196

Something about the security type or encription type.
    I paid for the wireless connector last week and it worked perfect with my broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think i was fobbed off... :o
    I rang, gave her my account number, she didn't know of the deal, I asked about the wireless device, then said i had heard about this, said she'd talk to a supervisor, and then said she'd ring me back.

That was at 10:30am. . I know they're probably on lunch now, but nobody else seems to have had to wait for a call..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just rang to "enquire" and got the sky movies + connector, thanks OP!
    Will be great for the Easter holidays.

eta - oh boo, the on demand only works with hd box, we have the old one.

Got through and the nice lady was processing my free order when she hit the same snag............. I have just a regular Sky + box, not the HD one.
    She said the offer is running til the end of the month and to ring back if I got sorted with a HD box.
    Anyone know how to go about getting one for free, other than signing up to a HD subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Asked about offers when signing up to Sky Broadband the other day and was given this. Main reasoning was to get the Wireless Connector. Wasn't too fussed about the Movies but it'll be nice to have the full On Demand selection for 2 months.

Was initially hoping they had some sort of deal on the HD, but no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Wireless connector on the way. And 2 months movies. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Does this tie you into another 12 month contract as it might be seen as some sort of upgrade ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

hellboy99 wrote: »
    0818 719 819

Worked for me with this number.

Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i am currently on half price offer and got the free connector and skymovies. thanks OP

i am currently on half price offer and got the free connector and skymovies. thanks OP

fantastic. hopefully i will to so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was told that as I have the €5 HD offer I cannot have it so told politely where to go. Said the best way around it is to give me €50 credit and then for me to pay the €12.99.

Cost to me -€37.01 LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Thanks OP got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Thanks op, just got this. Thats the kids easter hols sorted :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I was told that as I have the €5 HD offer I cannot have it so told politely where to go. Said the best way around it is to give me €50 credit and then for me to pay the €12.99.

Cost to me -€37.01 LOL

What?

They said no to a free box but gave you 50 euro free credit instead and deducted the 12.99 from that 50?

So in fact you got a free box and €37 :confused:

Well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Sport Man

Thanks op just called up and asked for free sky movies for 2 months and got it without a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tried it there and they wanted to charge €12.99 so told them to forget about it. they put me on hold and then told me about the offer and asked if I wanted it, well free is free so I said yes.

Was put on hold for 10 minutes when they were transferring me to a sales agent to process it and when I eventually was put through the girl told me I couldnt have the offer because I was already on a discounted package!

fair enough if they didnt want to give it to me but offering it to me and then leaving me on hold for 10 minutes only to retract the offer!!

Thanked them for wasting my time.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dave1982 wrote: »

What?

They said no to a free box but gave you 50 euro free credit instead and deducted the 12.99 from that 50?

So in fact you got a free box and €37 :confused:

Well done :D

I have a HD box already but I was saying because I am on HD channels for €5 for 12 months they said NO.. This is for the wireless connector and I had to pay the €12.99 and she put the €50 on my account so my next tv, broadband and phone package will have that credit against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

Got my free wireless connector and 2 months free movies. This deal works in the UK as well, in case anyone was wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Just got this offer myself and according to the rep it does'nt tie you into another 12 months.
    Thanks greendom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Free connector and 2 months sky movies fre. DONE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

How long does it take for the movies to be turned on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Irishder wrote: »
    How long does it take for the movies to be turned on

usually vvery fast, but could be up to 24hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

rang today to order mine, was given two months free movies and free wireless connector. It took short of two hours for films to activate. All up and running now though ;)

Told to pee off cos I already have movies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

So I ring after the 30 days to cancel or do I ring tomorrow to cancel this?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭rod1983

Free connector and 2mths free movies thanks op :) Disney movies on solid for the next while for easter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Rang and was about 8 minutes waiting on hold before I spoke to a really friendly woman. Said I was interested in the wireless connector and she said it was 12:99. Told her I heard it was on offer and she said yes with the movies for two months. Confirmed my address and is now on its way. Just waiting for the movies to activate now.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

;)Thanks OP for the heads up on this . Always nice to get something for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

couldnt get this as i am already on a deal for 12months half price multiroom

crap. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement